Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 06:03:30 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Subject: balanced classes  (Read 16365 times)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 11:07:37 pm »

What I meant was clerics keep you from eating death touches.  Not having to zone after a death on my tanks is godly wonderful.  Divine Intervention is awesome.  I use a mix of both healers as I need.

Poop
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2010, 11:33:22 pm »

Don't mean to argue with you, Xiggie, but the math speaks otherwise.

1 pally getting a proc every 3-4 hits... could be 2-4 seconds or so per heal. Chance to crit. DPS involved as well. Also able to proc 25k+ dd with weapon, and another 1-2k or so on clicky.

1 cleric healing once every 3.2 seconds. Chance to crit. No DPS.

Group aspect:
(NON-MCP)

3 pallies, 3 warriors - you're set.

(MCP)

2 pallies, 1 cleric, 3 warriors.

And yes, I agree with high lvl Oracle charm or UC, they DO heal for better. But pally with full lvl Oracle or UC would be right up there alongside them.

............ You know what I better shut up before I get pallies nerf'd =(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 11:35:02 pm by Mechules » Logged

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 12:36:01 am »

Have you done the MCP fight yet?

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 12:38:57 am »

No. Therefore I should shut the hell up. You're right =(

I just like to think mathematically and overthink everything. I bet if I spawned MCP tomorrow and went into the battle I'd just run around like a chicken with its head cut off.

I just heard from a guy that 12-boxed him. He had 2 clerics per grp though, so my math didn't do it justice. Maybe I'm just trying to jerk my pally-peen a little bit. I dunno. Friends? =P

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 01:07:12 am »

Definitely friends, and was not meaning for you to shut the hell up, lol. What I meant was though the math might work, practicality trumps.

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 01:34:36 am »

The real issue is this:

T3/T4, both 'ideal' setups you listed, Merc.. require 6 toons wearing plate armor.

at least 6 firestrikes, potentially 9.

A gaggle of shadow kills.

A boatload of red stones.

A screaming meemie of oracle charms.

And positively no legitimate use for 75% of the items their Cyan stone pops will get them.

Which =

« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:36:12 am by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Zadar

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 09:18:16 am »

Simple Solution to fix a lot of things.  Charms and healing focus should not affect procs. They are to enhance you not your equipment.  Fixes Warrior dps, fixes pally procs, makes clerics useful, makes dps classes useful.  Adds skill back into the game as opposed to pressing q on 4 characters. People might actually seek out grouping and soucializing instead of running 6 bots.
Kishii

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 09:31:37 am »

Hmm Zadar, interesting.  If you lower warrior dps and lower pally heals, the cleric update better be HUGE to handle the top tier stuff to keep tanks up.  The making dps class usefull better be scaled up HUGE to make up for what the warriors used to do.

OR

Hunter will have to go through and retune everything to handle lower dps and lower heals.

If you have even actually done the Shadow fight, you will understand what I mean about why you would want to lower warrior dps /boggle

Zadar

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 10:00:34 am »

If procs are nerfed in such a way maybe add instant cast clickly spells on gear with x delay. This would allow the dps to still be acheived but require people to play the character instead of q botting them.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 10:26:42 am »

Yeah Ponzi is right about not getting much for your cyan stones.  Its gonna hurt man, like I said before none of my group have a T4 BP yet and I've been hunting there for along time.  One of my guildmates finally got 1 war BP this week and hes been doing T4 for 4 mos now.  Sad

Poop
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2010, 10:28:33 am »

More nerfing would only make the end of the game longer. Adding clicks is not going to force anyone to group up.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2010, 10:58:47 am »

More nerfing would only make the end of the game longer. Adding clicks is not going to force anyone to group up.

QFT.

Now, instead of jumping from one mob to the next and constantly grinding for that one piece of gear, you gotta stop after every fight and wait for the delay to finish before you pull again =P

Not gonna make anyone go "gee, golly-gosh... I should get some friends now!"

If you've been boxing for, oh, lets say a year or so... and you've gotten to T2-T3ish by boxing... you may find yourself a little ticked if hunter nerfs your pally procs, warrior deeps, or turns your cleric into a wizzy (which he already said isn't gonna happen). I've heard many times that boxing makes the EZ Server world go 'round. To blatantly force people to group up by adding clicky effect procs with a longer delay, Hunter would be hindering our ability to box effectively without premium boxing software, which we'd have to purchase.

While I agree that people should be able to play their characters efficiently, it is also my belief that this is EZ Server, Hunter's planet, and that we're here to have fun and basically play as we wish. If you wanna play one character and not box, find a guild or some buddies. Better yet, get your RL buddies into the game! If you want to box 3 full groups of toons, go right ahead! Either way, the end-game content is still getting harder. Harder for boxers to keep up with all their characters on tougher encounters, and harder for single players to find groups.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 11:20:45 am »

The real issue is this:

>T3/T4, both 'ideal' setups you listed, Merc.. require 6 toons wearing plate armor.
>T3/T4, both 'ideal' setups you listed, Merc..
>setups you listed, Merc..
>you listed, Merc..
>listed, Merc..
>Merc..

O.O

It's "Mech" lmao. I was being very silly (drunk perhaps) when I came up with the name. Mechules (like Hercules) was the name of my old band. I think we renamed it to Zombijak (hmmmm SK name?). But yeah, it's a Mechanical Hercules basically. VERY silly. Not very RP at all though.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:25:59 am by Mechules » Logged

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 07:55:46 pm »

If procs are nerfed in such a way maybe add instant cast clickly spells on gear with x delay. This would allow the dps to still be acheived but require people to play the character instead of q botting them.

go

back

to

p

ty.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2010, 02:49:30 am »

I would like to re-quote the idea of not having the charms apply to augs. Those quoting the Shadow fight should realise that this fight is on the verge of being nerfed, with Shadow having a lot less hps. It would also make people pick more different classes to add to dps instead of just war war war pal pal clr.

Also, by what logic is a warrior using Sorcer's charm? The char
ms were (in my head) clearly defined for certain classes - brawler for dps melee, guardian for tank, oracle for healers and sorcers for nukers. Now we have no warriors whatsoever that would look twice at a guardian charm except to do UC, and it's a public secret that brawlers is broken.
You can make a case for paladins having oracle, since they proc a heal, but it's still iffy, and a paladin focusing on dps should have a equally viable alternative in brawlers.

My proposition: Up the dps and/or usability of classes, restore the aug balance as it was (imo) intended, and give me 5mill pp (hey, I had to put something in there that is actually feasible Tongue)

Something  else that bothers me: Anger IV is made from droppable components in PoD, and drops as an aug in HoH. V is a simple combine of two anger IVs. Costprice: Free in HoH, if you want to buy the components I think they're 10k per piece, and I think 4 pieces for a IV. 40k per aug, 80k for a V. Total cost for having two 4.0's with IV's and two 4.0's with V: 720k.

One aug IV for paladins has a costprice to make in several million pp and requires crafter's guild access (which in itself is also a plat and time sink).

Any reason for this huge gap in obtainability?

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 246