Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:42:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lag  (Read 6576 times)
Brianlb

View Profile
Lag
« on: December 01, 2010, 09:04:26 pm »

Does anyone else get a ton of lag in PoD and Qvic? I use to have no lag but the last 2 weeks I'll lag out about every 10 minutes for about a 5 minute duration. At first I thought it was something to do with me 4-boxing but I had 4-boxed before with no issues. I tried the zones just solo and same thing. And it's not a constant lag, it's like I said about every 10 minutes I lag really bad for about 5 minutes, and it just started happening about 10 days to 2 weeks ago. Or are there any I ideas to correct this. I do have all my settings on all accounts turned down and/or off.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 09:57:14 pm »

Haven't noticed much in Qvic or Hoh at all..

But yeah, the damn trees in PoD make me feel like i'm in grade school trying to play Quake on a 386/16.

It's quite funny.. The second i get to the caves or the T2 desert, lag is gone.. I can box 3 in my sleep in T2, but the second i get near that damn tree house in T1, with just 2 boxes going it's like playing a turn-based RPG.

Obviously i could double my RAM or something and it'd probably be better, but really the only place that brings my system to it's knees it POD T1.

I'd roll a couple zerkers if I could use the axes to commit T1 tree genocide. Wink

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:12:19 pm »

I've noticed lag all over in PoD, not just T1. Not only by trees either. Seems like when I notice it the most is when I'm fighting a boss. But I use to never have it. Haven't changed anything on my puter or the game.

krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 10:52:34 pm »

Well ive noticed over all lag, but i have been chucking it up to this new router think its a pice of shit. pings is any where  from 64ms to 210ms

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 12:17:01 pm »

I found that manually limiting your frame rate per box to 24-30 seems to help in certain situations. Have you tried that yet?

I've been having a problem since I've started that if I don't have enough going on in the zone I'm in (for example, GI lower Guk for FG pieces) then I start running super fast and my character skips like 10 feet at a time and it's hard to turn or direct yourself correctly. I changed my frame rate down to 30 and no longer experience this problem.

There's a million settings to look at, and it may take some fuddling around to get it right, but I hope you find a simple solution that will ease your woes with lag.

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 12:25:03 pm »

I found that manually limiting your frame rate per box to 24-30 seems to help in certain situations. Have you tried that yet?

I've been having a problem since I've started that if I don't have enough going on in the zone I'm in (for example, GI lower Guk for FG pieces) then I start running super fast and my character skips like 10 feet at a time and it's hard to turn or direct yourself correctly. I changed my frame rate down to 30 and no longer experience this problem.

There's a million settings to look at, and it may take some fuddling around to get it right, but I hope you find a simple solution that will ease your woes with lag.

Haven't tried that, were are those settings at? The issue you described is almost the same thing I have in PoD and Qvic except it just randomly happens. One minute I'll be fine then the next it's hard to do anything. Doesn't matter whether I box or solo. I just found it odd that I had never had this issue before now it's happening out of now were.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 01:41:40 pm »

Haven't tried that, were are those settings at? The issue you described is almost the same thing I have in PoD and Qvic except it just randomly happens. One minute I'll be fine then the next it's hard to do anything. Doesn't matter whether I box or solo. I just found it odd that I had never had this issue before now it's happening out of now were.

If you press Alt+O in game, it'll open the options window. Go to the video tab (or whatever it's called). From there, I believe the frame rate buttons are on the left - press "Video Modes" button or "Advanced Options" button on the lower right. It's probably under one of those settings... but I can't be sure unless I'm in game.

Send me a /tell in game - Mechules - later tonight. Don't send me any messages until evening because right now I got my RL buddy using my pally to RoA his warrior, so that's not me.

In fact, if you're impatient, I'm sure the kind folks in /ooc could help you find the frame rate bar. =)

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 03:42:28 pm »

I tried adjusting a few settings, changing the FPS, even went from titanium to SoF client to see if that worked and I still get the lag. Any other suggestions. I can't seem to figure it out, cause like I stated it just started happening about 2 weeks ago. And it appears to only happens in customs zones, it city of mist it didn't happen but HoH, PoD, qivc, pofire, etc, it does.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2010, 03:47:07 pm »

Weeeeird... I dunno. I suggested what worked for me. Perhaps you'll find something that works for you in the video options? Just mess around with it a bit.

Do you have WinEQ2 or ISBoxer by chance? That will significantly reduce eating up your computer's resources.

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2010, 03:51:25 pm »

Check the fan on your videocard, and test your videocard. It could be your card is dying or using un-optimized drivers. May also want to check your PSU, if your graphics card is power hungry....your power supply may not be giving enough juice to your display adapter.

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2010, 04:21:45 pm »

Check the fan on your videocard, and test your videocard. It could be your card is dying or using un-optimized drivers. May also want to check your PSU, if your graphics card is power hungry....your power supply may not be giving enough juice to your display adapter.

Would that even be an issue since it was working fine a while? I do have an upgraded power supply over the factory one. Been thinking about updating my vid card. The ram on the computer is 6 gigs. So I wouldn't think that'd be an issue. I just wouldn't think the vid card or power supply would be the cause because it does it when I use just one account. And I know it has more than enough juice for that.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2010, 09:45:53 pm »

The lag came after the source update. PoD is a lagging zone normally but with optimized settings becomes near non existent, but like I said noticeable lag appeared after the update when none existed for me previously.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 01:33:02 pm »

The lag came after the source update. PoD is a lagging zone normally but with optimized settings becomes near non existent, but like I said noticeable lag appeared after the update when none existed for me previously.

Just curious what settings do you have? Right now it's pretty much unplayable for me.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2010, 02:04:36 pm »

I just have everything disabled on the display tab, no spell effects etc... I do have a fairly good computer though so...

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65016
  • Total Topics: 5057