Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 10:10:44 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: PoA crashes  (Read 41988 times)
Collector

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 29, 2010, 10:58:41 am »

Vista and Windows 7 have special protections on files and directories under Program Files.  Since EQ isn't aware of how to handle those the OS does some monkey business to virtualize things.  Moving the EQ folder out of Program Files saves you a ton of headaches.

Yup, so i was told, so therefore put my EQ file onto desktop.
Mercarsist

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2011, 06:54:50 pm »

So basically based on what I am reading here it seems that the main issue is the server file getting filled up and hitting a max amount of information, or a set file size limit.  The zoning out and back in forces the system to create a new file.  Is there a way to set it so the file has an unlimited size and is recreated on server reboot?  Seeing as there are more and more getting flagged for T3/T4 it is becoming more of an issue.  Especially if you are fighting in public instead of guild instance.  Since in public you cannot control other players zoning out to reset the file. 
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2011, 08:28:44 pm »

/shrug

really don't know sometimes lucky as hell on crashes other times /crash-mega-explosion.

It's just like HoH and Shadow if I don't go after him the zone never crashes, when I engage him 5-9 times the zone 100% crashes..

and just get a guild instance it's cheap

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
wwazman

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2011, 11:40:13 am »

Vista and Windows 7 have special protections on files and directories under Program Files.  Since EQ isn't aware of how to handle those the OS does some monkey business to virtualize things.  Moving the EQ folder out of Program Files saves you a ton of headaches.

There is a registry key I've been using for a while that lets me Take Ownership of anything I need to in Win7/Vista. I wonder if doing that for the EQ folder in Win7 would be helpful?

I can link to the registry on my ftp server if it is helpful?
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2011, 03:35:27 pm »

If you know the steps, you don't need a registry key to take ownership of a directory.  I don't know if that avoids the VirtualStore issue anyway.  Frankly, it's easier to just install somewhere else rather than fiddle with it.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2011, 02:01:11 am »

Hoh and Air instances are crashing on me, I run 12 char and HoH will last about 30 or 40 mobs then crash. Air tonight crashed twice, I spawned H-1N-1 then spawned another and @ 40% crash. Came back and spawned another H-1N-1 and at 40% air crashed again. I know this has been around awhile but I sure wish it could get addressed somehow.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2011, 05:03:06 am »

Hoh and Air instances are crashing on me, I run 12 char and HoH will last about 30 or 40 mobs then crash. Air tonight crashed twice, I spawned H-1N-1 then spawned another and @ 40% crash. Came back and spawned another H-1N-1 and at 40% air crashed again. I know this has been around awhile but I sure wish it could get addressed somehow.

I usually stick to 6 of my best toons when it comes to Air // HoH I rarely ever crash only using 6. Some people say its Shamans and kraken, but I use one in my 6 man crew and I crash about every.. 5-6 hours on a normal day inside a GI

Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2011, 07:04:42 pm »

So basically based on what I am reading here it seems that the main issue is the server file getting filled up and hitting a max amount of information, or a set file size limit.

While this is possible, I believe it's more likely an instantaneous overload. I crash far more often during prime time than during slow parts of the day, if it was a data storage problem of this type it should stay consistent. Perhaps when the server is busy and it takes longer to cycle through the data, something grows out of its type.

Though if there was a specific variable or file being used for all instances of the same class..maybe. Anyone with more knowledge on emu/ez code have an insight?

Blarr!
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2011, 05:43:34 pm »

Came across something interesting today. I was logging scenarios to try and narrow something down with these crashes, air specifically. For all the characters, a zone crash resulted in the log file ending seemingly at random. But my warrior logged this very final line after one of the crashes:

[Sat Oct 15 16:18:15 2011] ERROR: String not found. (2088400502)

2,088,400,502 error code number
2,147,483,647 max range of a signed integer

On the same factor with a small difference less than 60 million.

My notes show the zone crashed when my 7th The Warlord was around 50%. My rogue is my lead dps and on average does 25 million damage per warlord. With the other 11 other classes there, the error code number aligns almost perfectly with a variable saved after the last kill before the final npc that crashed it. (Total damage - current warlord) Based on average dps, the number predicts almost perfectly when that value would overflow and when the zone would crash. (Total damage -> overflow)

Sorry if I'm wasting your time with more of the same, hope it helps,
Blarr

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 07:22:19 pm by Blurring » Logged

Blarr!
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2011, 09:41:20 am »

I usually stick to 6 of my best toons when it comes to Air // HoH I rarely ever crash only using 6. Some people say its Shamans and kraken, but I use one in my 6 man crew and I crash about every.. 5-6 hours on a normal day inside a GI

Paldail,
I tried this last night and crashed after one H-1N-1. I used my war, pal, pal, mnk, rng, brd. I checked dps out beforehand and this group is putting out just over 100kdps. I was buffed with pets buff's and used shm hp buff and chanter epic 3.0 haste and vampiric thunder buff.

What classes do you run?

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2011, 10:03:18 am »

Came across something interesting today. I was logging scenarios to try and narrow something down with these crashes, air specifically. For all the characters, a zone crash resulted in the log file ending seemingly at random. But my warrior logged this very final line after one of the crashes:

[Sat Oct 15 16:18:15 2011] ERROR: String not found. (2088400502)

2,088,400,502 error code number
2,147,483,647 max range of a signed integer

On the same factor with a small difference less than 60 million.

My notes show the zone crashed when my 7th The Warlord was around 50%. My rogue is my lead dps and on average does 25 million damage per warlord. With the other 11 other classes there, the error code number aligns almost perfectly with a variable saved after the last kill before the final npc that crashed it. (Total damage - current warlord) Based on average dps, the number predicts almost perfectly when that value would overflow and when the zone would crash. (Total damage -> overflow)

Sorry if I'm wasting your time with more of the same, hope it helps,
Blarr

Blarr,

I emailed your post to hunter and this was his response, maybe you could post your data there?

I think the bosses in PoA have under 100 million HP, been a long time, have to check again. But still 100 Million HP is far from the 2 Billion Int Limit. Hopefully the error code number is something other than the HP, but it is close to signed int.

Try to post it on eqemu and see what they say. Hopefully eqemu would be able to source code fix this.

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2011, 03:14:38 pm »

Paldail,
I tried this last night and crashed after one H-1N-1. I used my war, pal, pal, mnk, rng, brd. I checked dps out beforehand and this group is putting out just over 100kdps. I was buffed with pets buff's and used shm hp buff and chanter epic 3.0 haste and vampiric thunder buff.

What classes do you run?

As of right now I run Pal, Pal, War, Monk, Mage, Shaman as my team that I pushed to 5.0 with. But keep in mind the 4 melee have UC paired with a shaman for Kraken which makes the shaman somewhat viable. Mage is ok dps could probably be replaced. But either way I take down T3 bosses under 3min I think and T4 bosses is like 4-5min. Of coruse H1N1 and Warlord take a bit longer since they are stacked with HP.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2011, 04:42:09 pm »

Bottom line is no matter what you choose, stay with it dont make to many alts finish your main Team UCs and AUGs as soon as you can of course all DPS is decent.

Enjoy your game no matter what you choose...

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »

I'm good toons, was just trying to understand if I am using a diff char that may be causing an increase in crashing

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2011, 11:55:36 pm »

I posted this issue on the emu forums and there were some interesting responses about a 4k memory leak.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?p=204174

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022