Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:14:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Epics..  (Read 16940 times)
Wack

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2010, 12:46:27 am »

I deleted my post and figured id make a new thread realized I sorta troll'd someone else's post so

I was thinking of a similar idea like that but instead of making the epics Weapons just make them augs make the whole damn epic an aug. not sure how many aug slots can be put on a weapon if its 3 or if you can have 4 or w.e but before anyone shoots this idea down hear me out..
If you take the epics and make them all augs and put a vendor in the game or multi vendors in the game one for each weapon type, put a ton of weapons in to choose from so everyone can have what they like you wouldn't ever have to change a graphic or anything again instead you could add others ect. Also in that matter everyone wont look as much alike would give a semi "custom" look to each toon. I kno that this would take time to do ect. But it would also save time in the long run instead of having to look for new graphics for upcoming epics ect, there would be no need simply make the aug with the updated stats and bam your done.

Ps If this idea was already presented and I missed it some place.. Don't link a ton of crap saying its here! just a guy killing mobs trollin forums in downtime =D

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 03:43:16 am »

Don't think that It would work here well. We would lose alot of  effects that way.

Not a bad idea for a new server though /em begins to think of away to open that new server Tongue

Wack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 05:03:03 am »

how and what effects would we lose bro you can change everything on a server and put almost every stat on an aug alone
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:15:11 am by Wack » Logged

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:31:39 am »

Do I have to remind you of the fickle mistress that is the Birdbath?

There are enough people already crying over losing epics, gear etc, and now almost any caster class isn't augging their weapons (no use, only dps augs exist).

By forcing augs into weapons as being your epic, possibly combining several augs, you risk opening the floodgates of the QQ-continuum.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
ronmeister

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 04:49:00 am »

you could make em magic box combine Smiley.
I think this idea has merit but it would all depend on time and effort .
Balthor2
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 06:22:15 am »

Plenty of people here able to provide code.
For something like using the magic box it would require the snipit posted on the emu forums with possible slight alteration.
TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 08:31:58 am »

If the idea is to keep the looks of the weapon from becoming stagnant or too similar to everyone else, then I suggest a custom "molds" option like Live released with the LoN card game.  Keep the weapons the same or alter their graphic to a more basic look and then create weapon molds that combine in the magic box to give a new weapon graphic.

Sell the molds on a merchant in the guildhalls or something.  Could make vast options for weapon graphics with this method.
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 09:20:44 am »

If the idea is to keep the looks of the weapon from becoming stagnant or too similar to everyone else, then I suggest a custom "molds" option like Live released with the LoN card game.  Keep the weapons the same or alter their graphic to a more basic look and then create weapon molds that combine in the magic box to give a new weapon graphic.

I really like this idea. Having your epic is obviously very nice, but to zone into Nexus or any zone with higher level characters and seeing that almost every class that is the same as you has the same exact weapons makes it a little depressing. Atleast with the molds it would give a lot more options and you wouldn't have to listen to people QQ about crappy graphics for the epics.

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 12:50:51 pm »

New graphic would require a new (copy) of the weapon to be created in the items database.

We're also limited by Titanium Graphics. I want everyone to be able to view the graphics reguardless of their client.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Lucadian

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 01:40:07 pm »

That's true. I always hated when I was on Titanium and went to another server that had SoF or something and all I got was cloth chokers.

I am not familiar with the coding or what it takes to get the molds/anything really so I was just throwing out a suggestion. If it takes too much work then nevermind. =D

Quote from: Hunter link=topic=2665.msg35063#msg35063 [/quote

You need to have a higher post count like Xiggie or Fugitive.
TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 01:45:47 pm »

New graphic would require a new (copy) of the weapon to be created in the items database.

We're also limited by Titanium Graphics. I want everyone to be able to view the graphics reguardless of their client.

Exactly.  I know that it would be a lot of work but possible if you didn't go overboard.  Possibly limit this to only 5 or 6 options for the 3.0 and above for each class.  

Of course not a high priority since content is greater than aesthetics.  Would be a killer addition to the list of EZ server's one and only content and features.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 02:34:02 pm »

What about just making it an aug all together and forgoing the whole vendor with different weapons thing. Just make it an aug and let people find a weapon to put it in throughout the game. Your bound to come across a few people that know about certain weapons dropping in this elusive place that very few know about. It would create a lot of diversity as far as looks of weapons without any extensive work.

Yeah yeah I know, what about the augs being eaten by the aug pool. This is easily solved with the creation of 6 instances called "Epic rooms". When you get your epic aug you are also flagged for an instance, just like how right now upon turning in all 15 coins you are flagged for various zones. Each "Epic Room" would have a vendor selling the lvl of aug you need. For example, you get your Epic 1.5. You are now flagged for Epic Room 1.5. Doh, you just lost your epic aug in the epic eatery aug pool. Simple, go to the big fat red epic guy, (unless your a gnumez) hail him, and you are presented with the option to enter "Epic Room 1.5". Once you are there you will see a vendor that will sell 1.5 epic augs. Hell, you can even put a aug pool in there since the room would likely see very little traffic.

L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 02:42:51 pm »

How would you stop users from getting three 1.5 augs after they are flagged for the room as opposed to doing the epic quest 3 times?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 02:52:20 pm »

That is an extremely good point. The only thing I can think of is to make them lore and make multiple rooms for each one.

For Example:
Your first epic aug would be <insert name here> 1.51 and would come with a flag for the Epic Room 1.51 instance. Your second epic would be <insert name here> 1.52 and would come with the Epic Room 1.52 instance. And so on and so on. All augs would be lore of course.

It does add to the amount of work but we are talking 18 instances and 18 vendors as well as the epics being converted to augs. It would take a little bit of work, but the yield would be explosive in the diversity it allows.

L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 04:26:53 pm »

There would be a bit more work involved there if the idea is to still allow users to have augmentation slots based on the epic version unless the idea is to get rid of some of the fire/ice/anger augs we use now.

I think you would have to allow new tradeskill combines to ... fake aug an augment?  IE:  Combine epic + icestrike = icestriking epic?  And do this a few times... and then recipes to remove the augments.  That said, that would be a -lot- of recipes since it has to handle every possible combination... has to have a new item for epic 1.51, then a new item for epic 1.51 + ice, then a new item for epic 1.51 + fire, then a new item for epic 1.51 + mossy, then a new item for epic 1.51 + mossy + ice, then a new item for epic 1.51 + mossy + fire, then etc.  Recipes to remove those also.

I love the idea but it does seem to lead to a few issues with augments.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 304