Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 05:28:01 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MQ2 and ISboxer  (Read 15431 times)
steffi

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2010, 12:00:52 pm »

Hiya, after reading a thread on this board that gave tips on how to multibox I decided to give it a try, so I downloaded MQ2 from MQEmulator.net and tried it. I was quite impressed with how well the /stick command works and had an hour or so of 2 boxing.
I also saw a reference to a program called ISboxer that looked like it would make multiboxing easier, so I downloaded that too and have tried it (only got as far as actually checking that I could actually log in multiple characters successfully).
When I used MQ2 on it's own, an extra chat box appeared in the game screen that confirmed when I used the /stick command. When I use ISboxer, the MQ2 box doesn't appear and /stick doesn't work.
Can anyone please enlighten me as to how to get MQ2 to work with ISboxer? (assuming that the 2 programs will actually work with each other).
Also, I downloaded the 'classic' version of MQ2.. is this the correct version for using on EZ server?
Thanks Smiley
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 12:30:51 pm »

I had the same problem.  My old computer MQ2 works fine with ISboxer, however now that I have a new one with a new MQ it does not work with it.  I switched from ISboxer to Wineq2.  Its from the same people that made ISboxer.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 12:43:57 pm »

I had the same problem.  My old computer MQ2 works fine with ISboxer, however now that I have a new one with a new MQ it does not work with it.  I switched from ISboxer to Wineq2.  Its from the same people that made ISboxer.

run both as admin

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 01:48:08 pm »

Yeah I tried that, the MQ works fine, but when I used it with ISboxer I got the error of wrong version.  Its almost like I patched EQ but I didnt because I can still play.

I've been watching this thread from a distance, for good reason. It's like a hornets nest full of chainsaws and salty baby tears.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 02:58:21 pm »

Yeah I tried that, the MQ works fine, but when I used it with ISboxer I got the error of wrong version.  Its almost like I patched EQ but I didnt because I can still play.

Did you patch isboxer?

Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 03:15:54 pm »

It was a fresh install on my black Friday computer so it was the current version.  I turned off updates as soon as it was on because it jacked me up last time.

Warriorstack

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 03:17:54 pm »

Lol also sorry for Hijacking the thread it seems...

Wack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 03:52:58 pm »

It should work run mq2 then run isboxer but there is really no point to use both of them imo if you want to use isboxer you should be using isxeq, gonna leave it short bc your not really even pose to ask about this crap on forum so. GL

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
steffi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 04:25:12 pm »

It should work run mq2 then run isboxer but there is really no point to use both of them imo if you want to use isboxer you should be using isxeq, gonna leave it short bc your not really even pose to ask about this crap on forum so. GL

Sorry if I'm stepping into 'dangerous' topics... I assumed that it's ok to use both programs.. if that's not the case then perhaps a forum admin or EZ GM could advise?
steffi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 04:46:40 pm »

Okies, I tried the run as admin and the MQ2 window now appears when I use ISboxer, so hopefully the /stick command will now work..tyvm for the advice.. but I'm a liitle concerned about the 'not suposed to talk about this stuff' comment.
Could a forum admin or EZ GM please advise if it's allowed to use these programs? I've enjoyed EZ so far and wouldn't want to end up getting banned for what would be considered to be an exploit/cheating, or even worse.. get someone else banned for trying to help me.
Thanks Smiley
elricward

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 06:52:59 pm »

ISBoxer and MQ2 are both fine to use, as long as you're not using anything except the /stick command the map features of MQ2...any active hacks can get you banned.  ISBoxer only sends keyboard commands to multiple windows... Anything beyond that though is where you begin to tread in dangerous waters.
steffi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 04:46:20 am »

That's good to hear.. tyvm for the info. Gonna try to lvl up a set of 6 characters and box a group. Smiley
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2010, 10:36:45 am »

i don't think Hunter officially said ISboxer was allowed
in this forum or the older forums
thats why i don't use it
elricward

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2010, 10:50:38 pm »

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1140.msg14828#msg14828

Hunter gives warnings regarding using ISBoxer, MQ, and WinEQ2 and potential crashes, especially around the Aug Pool. I doubt he would list ISBoxer if it was prohibited...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 246