Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 03:39:04 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Good Slim UI for Boxing?  (Read 24092 times)
6 Crazy Pirates

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 12:41:27 pm »

Can I just copy my whole everquest directory to 6 spots or do I have to reinstall?

I play in xp3 compatability mode from windows 7. I had to turn off "ask for administrator permission when launching untrusted programs" setting because that would sometimes crash everquest. I haven't tried more than 6 instances of the client but my computer (just a quad core amd, total of around $400 in parts) runs 6 flawlessly. 8gb of ddr3 1600 ram is less than $50 nowadays. It's ridiculous compared to back when we all tried to run everquest on pcs less powerful than modern cell phones.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2011, 01:14:51 pm »

You can just select the folder, press control c, the press control v. Really you can just copy the whole folder, eq does not have to be install at all to work. I have literally placed it in a shared folder and copied it from one pc to another. The intall process is useless once you have it on your pc once. I even zipped up my entire directory and sent it to my brother who has never had eq on his current pc and it worked, lol.

From that points you can change anything about the directories you want. I run one with new character models, one with old character models, and then the last with old character models and a stripped down global.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2011, 07:46:49 am »

One of the major advantages to WINEQ2 is that it does allow you to create different profiles for each client without having to have separate installations of EQ on your system.  You can set the XY coordinates of the top left corner of each window for each client, you can change resolution, you can change in game settings, etc.

It also allows for alt tab like functionality with custom keystrokes for specific windows.  The default is crtl-alt-1, ctrl-alt-2, etc.  So, if you always load your cleric as the 4th toon, you can go straight to your cleric by hitting ctrl-alt-4...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Jatrasis

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2011, 08:11:10 am »

Maybe I'm just stupid or something, but I couldn't get WinEq2 to work for me.  It would load up EQ instances, but it would not put them in different spots on my desktop, and it did not make things run any faster.

Any thoughts?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2011, 09:45:48 am »

When I used wineq while using SoD I actually had a downgrade in playability. I had more pc lag. I believe that has to do with the built in fps limiter that SoD has. With wineq I could load up 3 or 4 before I start having trouble with /stick going haywire like /follow does. Without it I have pushed my machine to 12 and could prolly get more with no issues with /stick. I used the same settings I did with titanium and was able to load 12 with titanium with no issues. As for moving stuff around, that is only the pay version of it.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2011, 03:06:31 pm »

I use the free version and it puts my windows where I have saved them.  I don't remember exactly how to do it though.  I think it's shift + right-click to bring up the context menu and then you click save position or something like that.  You can also turn off eqplaynice which is what is probably causing the issues with /stick.
cycrost

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 06:44:47 pm »

I have been using / working on a UI called Ostime2 for the Seeds Client. It does not work on Titanium as it is just too old a client. I made it to help in boxing, it is fully functional and strives to stay the Hell out of the way as much as possible.

Feedback welcome, I take constructive criticism very well! Good - bad - Indiff, it is all good, hard to improve a UI without feedback.

Cycrost
P.S. Minor cleanup: Your Hit Points // Endurance // Mana numbers will correctly read 6+6 digits.... Hps-300000 / 300000 is how it would read....  End- xxxxxx ..... Mna- xxxxxx ... happy to have testers Smiley Email me
rhyotte@gmail.com
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:46:01 pm by cycrost » Logged
Appren

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2011, 10:31:02 am »

@cyrcrost. I like the UI so far, but the cast bar is not one of my favorites. I'd prefer to have either all 9 gems in a row horizontally or vertically, and not in two rows as it is now.

Appwar - 4.0 WAR
Appren - 3.0 SK
Gnoheal - 4.0 CLR
Apptwo - 4.0 MAG
Appthree 3.0 PAL
Corvac 4.0 PAL
and more...
cycrost

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2011, 11:56:38 pm »

No problem, I can change that for you. I might include a folder with a Horiz x 9 and a vert x9 for you to tinker with.

Thanks for the feedback.
P.S. Ok, file sent your way. I made various clean ups as well. The default spellbar will be horizontal. Let me know what you think, After which I will use that feedback to roll up a Vertical bar, and mod the horizontal if needs be.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:53:49 pm by cycrost » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678