Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 03:39:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Good Slim UI for Boxing?  (Read 24093 times)
qualin

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2010, 02:43:49 pm »

Is there a good slim / efficient UI for boxing characters? One thats very functional?
Tacticulous

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 04:13:57 pm »

Seconded.

I recently changed the resolution on my boxes to 800x600 to enable me to see the better part of all 6 boxes on a single screen at all times. Now I'm constanly right clicking in chat boxes/etc. and throwing things all out of whack.

From looking at EQUI (I think), it doesn't seem like many people are making UI's that small anymore though. Anyone here have a good low resolution UI?
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 06:09:21 pm »

Dual monitors for the win Smiley

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:51:21 am »

I have dual monitors and it doesn't help me at all lol. I alt-tab and go to do something and nothing happens..only to realize i alt-tabbed to the 2nd screen. However...having a 32" primary monitor helps. Just stagger 3 or 4 clients and alt tab through them, or align them in the task bar in order of priority(windows 7 allows you to drag the icons around on the task bar...love it.) Usually put the primary toon first in order and my cleric last in order so i know i can just mouse down real quick at any time and switch between the 2. I've also found that most UI's DON'T work with SoF. I've tried it a dozen different ways and haven't gotten 1 to work correctly without a bunch of tweaking. Titanium seems to work flawlessly with it though.

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:34:58 am »

I 4-box on a dual monitor with wineq.
4 windows... no alt-tab.. just clicking

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 10:00:09 am »

I saw this ad for a program called ISBOXER that looked interesting.

Never tried multiboxing, but this made it look easy.

I think I saw it on the eqemu site or try a search for it on Google.

Rob Smiley
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:02:26 am »

isboxer aint free though... wineq is free for basic version

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 10:12:10 am »

isboxer aint free though... wineq is free for basic version

Ahh... figures.

Rob Smiley
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 11:19:02 am »

WinEq basic is free.. you dont have all the options available to you but it works great for me.

I 4-box easily with it... 4 windows over dual monitor just click to switch.
I looked at isboxer... it looks pretty cool.. but i wont pay for a boxing tool when i have one that works great for me.

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 11:38:42 am »

The only problem i have noticed with boxing is, when you minimize a window by accident or on purpose, sometimes (or most of the time) you cant bring it back up. Anyone else notice this problem? maybe its just me and my W7

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 12:13:30 pm »

I have W7... but never seen this happen to me.
All I seen so far if the window simply closing by itself lol... like it crashed or something.

Are you using WinEq?

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 12:58:54 pm »

i use EQLindows.

from this link here. I don't know which one exactly you're using... maybe you could post a link? if i could get this issue fixed, would be amazing.

http://www.lavishsoft.com/eqlindows/

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 03:16:27 pm »

So i downloaded WinEQ, it is sooo much better than what i was using. Thank you whoever mentioned it.
I spent a good 2 or 3 minutes minimizing and maximizing my char windows to see if they'd be unable to open again. worked like a charm.

Necosi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 06:18:32 am »

Is there an advantage to using a 3rd party app like WinEQ over just opening multiple windows/instances and alt+tabbing between them?

Siccwilly Darkmind - Barbarian Berserker
Snaekize - Iksar Beastlord
Dhuka Vhurl - Dwarf Paladin
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 07:33:07 am »

Well its "Fullscreen" in a window so you dont get that mangled text.  Also it uses EQPlayNice feature which control system resources.  You can set different profiles for each shortcut etc.

If you get the paid version you get Windows Tiling and Picture in Picture as well.

Starting multiple EQ instance is nto the same... thsi you have control on alot more stuff.  WinEQA is LavishSoftware as well. You can download it from their website.

The only thing that might not work entirely well is using a 3rd party macro software, as most of them might require focus on your window. But beside that... its nice and dandy.

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)