Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 07:23:09 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Druid fix  (Read 7124 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« on: December 15, 2010, 09:40:18 pm »

Would you all be okay with changing the druid HoT to a percentage instead of making it a raw value? This would fix the issue with it healing for less but potentially nerf it into oblivion for low hp (< 100k) tanks unless the druid is 3.0 or higher.
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:57:56 pm »

A major use of the druid regen would be powerleveling alts / RoA.  If it is a percentage, I assume that this would not work very well for this purpose yes?

Assume that the 3.0 would be a 10% heal each tick.  For a 100,000 tank that would be a 10k heal as the base - a HUGE improvement over what it was previously.  For a 2,000 level 1 toon, though, its a heal for 200 hps.

Honestly, I do not see the heal rate (percentage) being high enough to make it worthwhile for low levels while making it low enough to not be overpowered for high hps.  It was/is a good suggestion but it seems like it would make the druid less worthwhile for what its apparent primary purpose is.  If we are using this as a way of moving the druids primary purpose to be more useful at the extreme high end that might still be something worth considering.
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 11:54:25 pm »

The problem is that the current effect being used is a regeneration effect and regens are not supposed to be affected by healing focuses(they were incorrectly being focused prior to the update). If you wish to retain the ability to focus a duration heal then you need to use the HealOverTime effect(100), ie:

UPDATE `spells_new` SET `effectid1`=100 WHERE `id`=9895 LIMIT 1;

I recreated the oracle charm and the druid epic 3.0 on my test server and imported the EZ spell file.

After making the change on the server db, I found the charm and the focus of healing spell effecting the heal again.

Unless there are any other repercussions of moving from regen to heal over time, it seems like this is all that is necessary to bring the druid epic back to what it was.  When I was testing it, it appears to block other heal over time spells from landing (biggest one wins I believe) but does anyone cast other heal-over-time spells?  IE:  "Celestial *" line of spells as well as the shaman quiescence.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 12:13:08 am by L0stman » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 12:12:41 am »

If it was converted from a regen to an HoT how long would it last? I mean is there a limitation to how long it can last or can you set it to however long the original one was.

Changing it to a percentage base would really make it not even worth having at all. For ring runs it would lose all usefulness. Higher up, regen does not really have much of an effect. What does have effect is a cleric healing the entire group for 20k to 50k every 3 or 4 seconds. To even appear to be useful it would need to heal 40k to 100k+ every tic (six seconds). Even then those extra few seconds can make a huge difference. I am a huge fan of basing things off percentage because it allows for natural growth, but in this case I think it would be a mistake.

L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 12:14:41 am »

When I was testing, it appears to last the same amount of (flawed) time that it did as a regen.  Flawed in that it lasts different times depending on if you cast it on yourself vs other people.  Appears to be the same as before though.

Only difference I can think of here would be that it would block other heal over time spells from landing (unless they are larger).
Fantasmist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 03:57:31 am »

If you're trying to restore druid epic to the way it originally was, can you create an npc that will accept oracle charms+3.0 epic and give the druid an epic with the respective regen attached to it (and returning the charm of course) or even just a click item with the regen attached to it.  Just an idea. 
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 06:58:32 am »

When I was testing, it appears to last the same amount of (flawed) time that it did as a regen.  Flawed in that it lasts different times depending on if you cast it on yourself vs other people.  Appears to be the same as before though.

Only difference I can think of here would be that it would block other heal over time spells from landing (unless they are larger).

Most heals are direct heals. I don't think EZ uses the Celestial Healing line of spells for anything custom.

I will put it as a HoT today and see how that effects it. (type 100)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 07:02:27 am by Secrets » Logged
gorrex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 12:52:08 am »

I have no idea how spell coding works here..

But would it be possible to scale the affect based on recipients level?

I.E. Stay with percentage but have a higher percentage at lower levels?

As others have said to be noticeably effective regen needs to be 30k+ on tanks at 70. 
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 05:55:10 pm »

Cross post to both threads:

Secrets - Just checked and it does not seem that the change to the druid click was made.  I was able to stack both a cleric heal over time and the druid regen.  If druid regen was changed to 100 (hot) then one of them should have been rejected or cast overtop of the other.  Also, another test of this is that regen is still capped at 2,000.  Could you check to see if that change was applied?  (Druid epic clicks 1.5+ moved to type 100).  It -should- also be applied to the other regeneration spells for druid epic 1.5-4.0 (assuming 3.5/4.0 are regen - epic 1.0-3.0 ids are 9891, 9892, 9893, 9894, and 9895) but I can confirm that it was not applied to id 9895 ancient regneration 3.0 as hooked into druid epic.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:07:43 pm by L0stman » Logged
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 08:37:54 pm »

Yesterday I upgraded my druid from 2.5 to 3.0 -- BIG MISTAKE!!

2.5 was doing 4000 per tick (and would crit to 8000 sometimes even)
3.0 now only does 2000.. haven't seen it crit either.

OUCH can I have my 2.5 back Sad

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061