Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 06:19:08 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EZ Becoming a Legend Server?  (Read 6941 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2010, 10:25:41 pm »

So, i know EZ is in the prefered server list... but i noticed our population is higher than "The Grand Creation" which is a Legend server. What exactly does being a Legend server entail? If we have a consistent member base for X amount of time do we get bumped up to it?

Nulo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 11:24:58 pm »

I thought legend was the status servers were given when developers of EQemulator make a server, but that was pretty much just a guess like p1999 was legend because it was Rogean's server.

Xenz - Warrior
Napi - Paladin
Nulo - Monk
Nulolan - Rogue
Botted - Cleric
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 12:20:41 am »

I wasnt sure, but i guess that would make sense

Scootz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 02:44:04 am »

I believe we should get bumped up to legendary status, personally it would make it fun for people who are new to eq, or have been jaded by the grinds.  just my opinion though.

Scootz
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 08:26:32 am »

I think the legends status is connected to the Emu developers. Even if we never get "legends" status..there should be a highly preferred status beyond the preferred status, because we'de be it Cheesy

Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 10:26:14 am »

P99 is owned by Nilbog not Rogean, he just helps support it with Nilbog and Rogean is usally the person you see and hear from where Nilbog does not deal with drama issues and just works on his server.

To get Legendary status i think you just need to ask Rogean to change the status if it meets his requirments as he runs EQEmu.
Balthor

Vote for Pedro

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 11:57:51 pm »

The rules to make green status is something like:
(1) More then X players online over a period of time. The average number must be greater then Y
(2) Server must have a average up time of greater then X

I cant remember the numbers but i think it was something like average of 50 players with something like 90percent up time.

Legend status was suppose to be something like more then 150ish players with up time of greater then 95.

This is all from memory but you can go to the eqemu forums and find the post with search.
EZ server has met the requirements for some time and would just need to petition for it.
That is assuming they are still following that structure. I mean look at that pos server KMRA with average player base of like 7 that is still green.

Common sense now, if you log in what is the first thing you see? Legends servers then green servers. If EZ was upgraded on the list the population might grow even more. As long as Hunter believed the server could handle the load whats wrong with that.
As it is I think a lot of people that do come here choose to because of the high population and know that it will be easier to find others to play with.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 12:48:58 am »

The rules to make green status is something like:
(1) More then X players online over a period of time. The average number must be greater then Y
(2) Server must have a average up time of greater then X

I cant remember the numbers but i think it was something like average of 50 players with something like 90percent up time.

Legend status was suppose to be something like more then 150ish players with up time of greater then 95.

This is all from memory but you can go to the eqemu forums and find the post with search.
EZ server has met the requirements for some time and would just need to petition for it.
That is assuming they are still following that structure. I mean look at that pos server KMRA with average player base of like 7 that is still green.

Common sense now, if you log in what is the first thing you see? Legends servers then green servers. If EZ was upgraded on the list the population might grow even more. As long as Hunter believed the server could handle the load whats wrong with that.
As it is I think a lot of people that do come here choose to because of the high population and know that it will be easier to find others to play with.

Off topic, but good to see a familiar face there Balthor

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061