Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 12, 2024, 11:39:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A few updates today  (Read 8470 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2010, 05:34:00 am »

Database(s) are now on Solid State Drive for speed.

Magelo is up again and now pulls data from a copy of our database. Both our live database that players play on, and the copy of our database for Magelo, are on the Solid State Drive. Players magelo profile are only as up to date as the last time I uploaded to the magelo database. Updates might occur from every 24 hrs to every 7 days, which may be changed or automated in the near future.

Epic 2.5 Zone with Barrels have changed respawn time from 1200 seconds to 300 seconds.

PoTimeA changed bosses respawn times to 10 minutes except for Dragon Slave which is 15 minutes.

Might change respawn times in Qvic this weekend depending on my schedule.

LDoN already has 15 min respawn times on bosses.

Banned an ooc spammer from playing by banning his account, and banning his IP(s). Appears the spammer was using a dial up service in Wimberley, Texas.

It appears we have a /report feature now you can use in game to report spammers, so use that as well as screenshots and fraps to report abusive users.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 06:22:13 am »

"Epic 2.5 Zone with Barrels have changed respawn time from 1200 seconds to 300 seconds."

You are simply the best man. Thanks for listening to my suggestion. This will make it fun for everyone now! Puts the charge back into getting the 2.5's.

Untalented

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:45:25 am »

Thanks much Hunter. Also, thanks for banning the spammer.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 11:30:41 am »

YES! ok Hunter, i love you. I'm glad you got rid of the spammer.
Would be good to inform P99 the IP you banned, so he can terrorize them anymore either =) just a thought though.

Daggum

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 01:41:42 pm »

Regarding Magelo:  Why can I see some people's inventory and not others?  Is there a way for us to disable our inventory?

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 01:47:22 pm »

Regarding Magelo:  Why can I see some people's inventory and not others?  Is there a way for us to disable our inventory?

If you are anon, you cannot see inventory or bank.
If you are roleplay you cannot see bank but can see inventory
If you are neither you see both.
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 01:54:54 pm »

Further more...

Turning on /anon or /role ingame won't immediately effect your inventory/bank being shown or not shown.  In an effort to reduce the number of queries going to the game server's database Hunter has mirrored it.  Magelo and Allaclone (soon!) are driven by their own databases.  As of right now there is no automated system to mirror the game db to the website db.  I expect that that will be coming this weekend.  Until then any changes won't be reflected until the db is mirrored manually.  Even when an automated system is in place, expect the data running the website to be 24 hours or so old.
titanmaster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 02:33:23 pm »

Wimberly is south of Austin, im close enough that i could drive down and kick the guy in the face if you want to send me his ip, i can get an address from it.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 02:47:33 pm »

Well, im just glad he's gone. However, if you find him just be sure to make him unable to type... and lecture him about playing with a dial up connection

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 10:58:50 pm »

banning an ip of a dialup player is gonna be tough.
They are granted new IP's every login. But, lets hope this one sticks.

Thanks for the upgrades!
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 07:39:24 am »

Was banning the MAC address tried?
Maybe it can be done?  I dont know what option server side has...

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 09:54:13 am »

Would be more effective, only way around that would be replacing the NIC

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 10:18:06 am »

Was banning the MAC address tried?
Maybe it can be done?  I dont know what option server side has...

I think you guys are confused here. What part of DIAL UP are you missing? He's dialing through a modem bank, whos NIC MAC address do you want to block exactly and how do you propose doing that.

Not to mention blocking via mac address is generally done only on a local network as usually that information is not transmitted in a usable manner to the remote location.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65035
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 83
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)