Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:25:25 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MQ2 Plugin - SOD Ignore, User Chat Tagging, /OOC WTS -> /Auction WTS  (Read 9846 times)
L0stman

View Profile
« on: January 01, 2011, 01:34:22 am »

Hey folks,

Hunter - as always, if this does not fit what you believe should be allowed, please remove this post and you have my deepest apologies.

Had a few requests so decided to update the MQ2ChatUtilities plugin I provided a few months ago.  Previously, the plugin would move the chat from people using OOC for auctions and put it into /auction so that you could filter it appropriately.  Great help.  Now, though, this adds 2 new tweaks.

MQ2ChatUtilities
1)  Puts "Marcus says out of character, 'WTB Anger IV augs'" into "Marcus auctions 'WTB Anger IV augs'" so you can filter it to the right window.
2)  Allows a new command so SOD users are able to -ignore- folks that are troublesome.  Oh god have I wanted this for so long.
3)  Allows a new command so you can TAG users (see below).

New Commands:
/ignorelist - Obvious use.
Syntax:  /ignorelist by itself lists users on your ignorelist.
Syntax:  /ignorelist character_name will either add or remove character_name from your ignore list.

/tag - Adds a very small (one word) tag to any text this user says.
Example:  Balthor (AngerManagement) says out of character, 'Just delete your account already.'
Example:  Rostam (MasterTroll) says out of character, 'If you are under the age of 29, I dont want to hear you talking.'
Example:  Tromi (OwesMoney) auctions, 'WTB A Hamburger - will pay Tuesday'

Syntax:  /tag by itself lists users and their tags.
Syntax:  /tag character_name single_word_tag will add or modify a users tag
Syntax:  /tag character_name (without any tag following it) will remove a users tag completely.

As before, this does not convey any aid to a player besides fixing issues that should not be a problem anyway.  SoD should have /ignore working in EQEMU.  Users should be using /auction.  SoD should have a friends list (Tagging will help with this slightly).

I have provided the source code so you are welcome to modify it / compile it yourself.  If you would like to use my compiled dlls you are welcome to but, as always, using someone elses compiles is completely at your own risk.  I can tell you that they are the same thing as code but if you are worried about it compile it yourself.

Source code / Compiles can be found in the attached zip file.

Enjoy.
Balthor2
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 01:45:10 am »

Much Luv brahski
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 01:58:01 am »

This is friggen awesome. Thanks tons.

Rostam

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 07:27:53 am »

don't post more than 2-3 lines if you're under 29.

Now write a code for that for the forums ...  Anal SOB lol.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 07:33:52 am by Rostam » Logged
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 07:36:46 am »

Is there some rule that 29+ are more reliable/viable sources than <29?

Judging by the posts submitted, not only in this thread but many, many, many others... I'd argue that this is not the case.

How many fixes to source codes and mob values (rampage, drops, druid epic heals?) have been submitted by those who are <29? Hmm.

If you aren't talking about age, then I have misinterpreted your post.... if you are, in fact, talking about age... I am sorry you have that opinion.

If it was in humor... ignore my post =P

Rostam

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 07:44:22 am »

Judging by the posts submitted, not only in this thread but many, many, many others... I'd argue that this is not the case.

How many fixes to source codes and mob values (rampage, drops, druid epic heals?) have been submitted by those who are <29? Hmm.

If you aren't talking about age, then I have misinterpreted your post.... if you are, in fact, talking about age... I am sorry you have that opinion.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 10:44:09 am »

touche.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 12:23:47 am »

Is it possible that this plugin might be able to one day to create chat channels? Again this wouldn't be something that introduces something that should not be in the game as chat channels are in eqlive. Having the ability to create a chat channel, and have others join it would be friggen awesome. Any chance of this?

Balthor2
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 01:26:23 am »

No idea about chat channels but Rostam is being his usual dickish self.
How he managed to get outa the rocker on the front steps is beyond me.
I'll go chain him down this time and feed him several bottles of booze.
Damn if those old graybeards are slippery little suckers.
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 08:17:40 pm »

No idea about chat channels but Rostam is being his usual dickish self.
How he managed to get outa the rocker on the front steps is beyond me.
I'll go chain him down this time and feed him several bottles of booze.
Damn if those old graybeards are slippery little suckers.
LMFAO!!!

I say shoot his ass too, and go ahead and put him out of his misery.
L0stman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 09:59:29 pm »

Is it possible that this plugin might be able to one day to create chat channels? Again this wouldn't be something that introduces something that should not be in the game as chat channels are in eqlive. Having the ability to create a chat channel, and have others join it would be friggen awesome. Any chance of this?

Hey Xiggie,

The short answer to your question is yes but its probably easier to look at mq2irc - an IRC chat plugin for everquest.

The longer answer to your question is:
Yes, but its enough effort to make this unlikely to happen easily.  There are a few issues here.  You cannot make use of the servers for this and have private chats as it would involve too many tells to everyone in the chat room.  You might think you can handle this p2p but this is an overcomplication.  Easiest to have a single server set up as a "chat server" (like the chat server for everquest proper) and have channels created through there. That said, this would be recreating the wheel when there is already a perfectly viable server available - an irc server.  To fully implement chat channels in a plugin you would need to connect through irc and allow multiple channel connects.  You would need to implement special mq2 windows for your other channels because you would not be able to tie into user created windows (in eq) easily.  You would also need to handle any special authentication the irc server would require.  Realistically, this is a lot of work.  Its a cool thing and I have wanted this myself but seems too much.

There may be a quick alternative that will give you -something - of what you are looking for.

Take a look at MQ2IRC - its an irc plugin for mq2.  By itself, this is -all- it is.  Just chat functionality.  I do not believe this would violate any of the rules Hunter would like followed but that would be up to him.  Anyway - the irc plugin allows you to connect to a server and join a channel (in theory multiple channels but in practice a single one) and communicate with everyone on that channel outside of eq.  It can include people in irc without eq (if you choose) or it could include a private channel on a small server that only you and some friends know about.  This should show the text in the mq2 window so its already in a special window for you.  I am going to guess this will do 95% of everything you wanted.  Would -highly- suggest taking a look.  Should allow you to create a chat channel for all the cool kids to chat across guilds easily. 

Will this do what you are looking for (95%)?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 11:12:22 pm »

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 359