Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 07:16:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PoA suggestions  (Read 8920 times)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2011, 09:44:38 am »

RNG is a beast, and it's apparent it's not truly set up equal..

Some things that could be changed to still make better but remain a little rough..(without changing current %s)

T3 bosses
-Should drop 2 pieces same as T4 to include H1N1.

T4 boss
-Warlord drop 2 pieces not just 1.

-Accessories in a whole are so small of a % to drop also, a small bump please. I've seen ear x2 drop out of like 500 + kills.. come on... I think I have better RNG playing on the interstate with Walmart truckers chasing me.. /Gasp

- I would revisit this if Hunter changes the stones to

Green/Cyan/Blue
vs
16/32/64

- Correct the 5-9 times spawning of back to back same mobs.

give some input and feedback.

Also, quick thanks to Hunter PoA seems to be performing a lot better crash wise thanks for listening to the cult of personalities you have playing here.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:28:22 am by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:48:12 am »

I agree the crashes have gotten alot better. But the only thing I have is seeing the same boss 15/30 times. We might want to recheck to make sure there is no mis key or something in the RNG

Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:04:27 am »

I agree with everything you have said.  All my leather/cloth/chain toons are geared up to full before i see 1-2 drops of plate.

- I would revisit this if Hunter changes the stones to

Green/Cyan/Blue
vs
16/32/64

give some input and feedback.

I don't mind the stone farming too much, as it is really the 20 minute fights with an empty feeling after a cloth drop that gets to me.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 10:06:56 am »

I think this would help out a good bit without steam rolling people through the content. Very good ideas.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 10:07:14 am »

The other day I completely geared a Ranger except one piece back to back spawns..

Also same day geared a druid back to back spawns... fully...  Undecided

I'm not even going to comment on how many cloth ppl I have geared fully. t3/t4
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:19:34 am by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Balthor2
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:09:24 am »

I have done a good number of T3 and T4 spawns. Not as much as some people, which means I should have maybe 2 guys done/neardone with gear.
If things were equal that would be true.
Instead I have several rangers full T3, near full T4, Enc and Wizard missing one or two pieces to be full T4, several alts I never bothered to log in since I dont play them which would be full T4 (hello beastlords and beserkers).

As far as plate goes I see a ton of SK T4 and Bard T4 and it annoys me to no end.
Wish I could move my UC's to SKs I would be Full T4 tomorrow.

I would rather see the stone required to spawn bosses reduced by 1 AND copy the bosses in the DB then edit the loot tables. roll a dice to decide which version of the boss drops what but spread it out.

IE: Green Boss 1 only drops plate and chain, Yellow Boss 1 only drops silk and leather.
For T4 reverse it. In this example Cyan Boss 1 drops T4 plate and chain, Blue Boss 1 drops T4 silk and leather.

Not a perfect solution as it would really require another stone type be created because imo yellow is to cheap to spawn a boss off of but it would take the chance to get the item you need down to a manageable level for T4. Could just scrap the idea for T3 since that content is easy and kind of a gearcheck on retards.

Guess I would go T4 Blue - Cyan split and T3 Green stone but unchanged drop rate.

hmm maybe someone will understand what I am saying.
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 11:42:25 am »

If you put 2 drop in T3 boss, it will be easier than T1, Hunter said he might lower the stone requirement to spawn a boss, you will have T3 for a green, sound really good, T4 already drop 2 pieces, its not that bad to get what you want, just take the time to farm, you are talking about the warlord ? well yes, its a real pain, maybe you can feel Hell is better than trying to get your BP ... but what where you thinking ? its T4 BP, last piece on the game, you have to suffer to get it Wink

Patience is a vertue Wink

So Hunter already said he will lower the stone requirement when T5 come out, maybe at the same time he can let the Warlord drop 2, no more need to lower a lot people when T5 come out Wink
Up a bit drop rate of accessory ? well why not, but have to do same with the drop rate of essence of god.

RNG is bad and we all know that, some day are better than other, i had some day without any plate piece, the best thing to do on this case, is going farm more stone and come back tomorow  Roll Eyes

Balthor i like you idea, maybe we can just convert the stone to another one class specific (example with actual cyan magical stone) we can have 4 different sort, cyan plate magical stone, cyan chain magical stone ... just hand the cyan magical stone to the observer of the sky who will give you the one you need by just clicking on the type.
But think with this system gearing everyone will be really fast and easy ... actually T3 stuff is selling a lot, so not that much hard to get piece Wink
Balthor2
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 11:58:24 am »

I dont want to see class stones as that would be to easy but as it is in T4 (minus bp) you have 2 drops and it pulls a random number (laugh) for each one and a good part of the time it decides to give you something like rogue.
I thought about this system for qvic actually but thought it was worth mentioning here.
Yes it would speed up gearing for T4 slightly but its a choice, you would still probably see 10 SK plate pieces drop for every bard piece and 5 bard pieces for every warrior because I personally believe the warrior drop percent is not equal to others.
Just my opinion.

If Hunter thought the idea had merit but decided it was going to be at a higher cost I would be happy with that (Blue for T4 Boss 1 and create a new stone between Blue and Purple for T4 Boss2)
You would have to farm more stones to get that spawn choice but would be worth it.
On paper looks balanced for the improved chance at the drop you want.
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 12:06:44 pm »

I was always curious about the RNG. My thinking(which I'm sure a lot wont agree with) is that if you're going to make the server primarily plate dominated classes(whether intentional or not) then you should have a higher percentage of the plate drops. Having the gear drop off mobs balanced(or supposedly balanced) would only make sense to me if the classes were balanced and all played somewhat equally in terms of numbers.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 12:07:55 pm »

it's a way of keeping the gnomes down..

-Hate"
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 12:25:33 pm »

It used to be where if PoA crashed hunter would give you a choice of loot, that was nice.
Balthor2
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 08:29:49 pm »

Yea I remember there being days like that. Like if you killed a new encounter and it didnt have its drop table he would summon you a item that it was suppose to drop.
Unless you are named balthor then he ignores you ;p
hehe
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 12:25:05 am »

Just got the Burning Prince 9 out of 15 times.. and counting

-Hate"
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 01:07:06 am »

Just got the Burning Prince 9 out of 15 times.. and counting

Keep going, you're well on your way of spawning the Fabled Burned Prince!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 11:49:35 am »

Burned through another 100 cyans majority T4 mobs

not a single crash... !!!! Grin Grin

-Hate"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081