Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:34:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Pet  (Read 13503 times)
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
Pet
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:32:30 am »

Ok well my pet is kinda gimp lol...
So I have stopped using the epic 1.0 pet since the 65 pet is better apparently...  Whats wrong with these pets... they die so fast its ridiculus.....

Is the CG pet much better? (i know it is but how much better?)
I seen pets crit for 4-6k often... is it that pet? or its like the epic 3.0 pet.

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 11:44:41 am »

higher crits = epic 3.0 pet
The lvl 68 fire pet is about the best DPS pre-CG pet or 2.5 pet.  Make sure your using the healing focus too..makes the highest lvl pet heal hit for about 6k.
CG pet has higher HP than any summoned pets and therefore lasts longer. Its roughly about the same DPS as the 68 fire pet. The fireblade v2 puts the CG pet HP higher (10k per sword, though there was an issue of only 1 sword affecting the pet, dunno if it was fixed yet) and the DPS is slightly higher as well with all the stat boosts etc.
Best option...grind to the 2.5  as fast as possible. Its a huge improvement over any summoned/clicked pet.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 11:56:54 am »

You may be comparing your basic lvl 68 pet to epic 3.0 pets. Huge difference between the two, especially including Fire Blade v2

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 12:20:40 pm »

so 2.5 is better than CG...
What about monter summoning IV? they suck right?  But... how cool is a BOT giant with 2 summoned fireblade lol

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 12:09:47 am »

Hmm... idk if monster summons can have the blades, would be worth looking into. Should test it and share the results. Would be pretty epic to see a Giant pet with CG fire swords

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 07:40:20 am »

The 2 summoned fireblade are a Mage spell... not talking about the CG blades

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 11:39:36 am »

Oh. i see... never really looked into the summoned gear by mages, because for the most part i was told it doesnt work/ doens't affect pets.
If im mistaken would appreciate a correction

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 01:30:45 pm »

well I noticed that not all summoned weapons works... i mean normal pets will only equip daggers...

Only the Monster summoning pets actually equip these nice flaming looking sword... they actually look like the cg swords i think

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 03:46:41 pm »

What about summoned armor and stuff?
I havent been past T2, and know T3/4 offer alot of new spells and class opportunities... But in T2 the gear for mages to summon are terrible, at best. Granted these aren't custom spells. But they dont even work to my knowledge, would be pretty epic if Hunter or Basher could fiddle around with some of them and beef 'em up. It would put Mage pets ahead of Bst pet (again/ where they should be) as well as adding some more use to the class.

ATM if the idea for clicky CoTH stone everyone wants comes true. Mages will become the neglected class, as the only reason anyone actually play them (or box them in groups) past Tacvi is for RoA and CoTH.

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 08:12:48 am »

I tried yesterday Muzzle of Mardu which is a haste mask for summoned pet... my pets dont want them.

Bug maybe?

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 09:50:49 am »

Yeah thats what i mean, either the items are broken, or maybe the pet?
As is the summons are kinda half useful.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 02:46:54 pm »

The pet does take the items however whether he is receiving the stats from them or not is another issue. Registering and Item's statistics seems to be bugged on Emu atm for pets. For example did you know that (it seems at least) that pets only benefit from ONE of the fireswords you give it? The second one ends up purely being for show.

EQEmu has a command called "#mystats" that displays the stats of either you or your pet depending who is targeted (it works like the GM command "#showstats" but it only works on you or your pet, nothing else) however we don't have access to it on EZ. =/ If we did we could see if the pet was receiving benefits at all from the items we hand to it. If it does THEN we could work on tinkering with existing pet toys.

Oh btw yes Monster Summoning can use fireswords last i checked however that pet sucks worse than the 65-70 fire pet. It COULD be possible to make the 2.5/3.0 pets for Mages a Monster Summon pet and i could even probably post what he would need to do but i don't know how that would sit with Hunter =/
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:49:59 pm by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 02:50:58 pm »

For example did you know that (it seems at least) that pets only benefit from ONE of the fireswords you give it? The second one ends up purely being for show.

I just kept imagining a rainbow in the background after reading this, like the old commericals

"Did you know! <random fact"
Rainbow effect
"The more you know!"

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 02:52:44 pm »

For example did you know that (it seems at least) that pets only benefit from ONE of the fireswords you give it? The second one ends up purely being for show.

I just kept imagining a rainbow in the background after reading this, like the old commericals

"Did you know! <random fact"
Rainbow effect
"The more you know!"

Blood of the Akkadian
McNabb

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 10:37:18 pm »

As a new 3.0 mage pet owner, I read that the pet cant take damage past T2 so i ask myself  if i need to re roll.  Well for now one little trick to make your pet sing a little more is to do a second epic 2.0 for the clicky buff. I have not checked the numbers but he acts like he is on steroids.  Add that with normal spell haste, ( not sure it stacks but the buff shows up ) and it is a blender.  I would like to know if we are going to be useful down the road and if there is a 3.5 or 4.0 epic, I have not seen such links as of yet. Please post any other pet tricks you might know of to help out. I think dps is solid atm with the second epic buff just trying to think of how to get him some more HP for T3 viability.

Mcnabb Ezserver
Go Redskins

Edit: My bad there is another post on this already, but i guess this will fall under pet as well.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:41:12 pm by McNabb » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053