Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 12:25:58 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SoD friends list please easy fix  (Read 8727 times)
Drezden

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2011, 10:14:01 pm »

Its just a simple chatserver.exe and mailserver.exe to be added to the server folder and server boot script.  This would fix SoD friends list issues. Very easy fix, I use it on my test server. I don't think it has any effect on Tit users so why not add it. It also enables mail,don't know if it can be disabled. Since the memory upgrade I don't think it would be a strain on the server.

Anyways just thought I toss it out there.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:57:01 pm by Nindalf » Logged
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:55:10 pm »

<chatserver>
<host>serveriphere</host>
<port>port#</port>
</chatserver>

<mailserver>
<host>serveriphere</host>
<port>port#</port>
</mailserver>

Make sure its in between the <server> and </server> somewhere. I used port 10234 on both, think it was default, with no problems. Add chatserver.exe  to server folder,theres also a mailserver.exe I will have to test if its actually needed tho. Maybe someone more skilled can say. I just added to be safe.

Add this to the serverstart.bat :
echo Starting ChatServer
start chatserver

All done. Working SoD friends list. You'll find the channels in the chatchannel listing in your DB assuming its there,if not I can forward ya the sql. This all worked for me on my test server using latest source.

The chatserver.exe and mailserver.exe where already in my server folder I download,I can forward those as well if needed for ya to test. All I did was edit the config file and server.bat as stated above.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:55:45 pm by Nindalf » Logged
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:49:53 pm »

link to UCS on eqemu site

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=UCS

Not sure as to whether ya can turn channels off or not.

This is working on a lot of servers listed that I logged into. See no reason why it shouldn't be implemented  here. Ability to create chat channels,friends list and ignore plus mail ftw! Give us SoD user some love hehe.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 12:39:28 am by Nindalf » Logged
Balthor2
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 02:13:02 am »

Hmm I havnt played with the UCS but now I want to lol. Going to go smash my face against the keyboard figuring it out.

Its a real shame the EQEMU wiki is such a piece of shit[1], always amazed when people respond to questions with "heres the wiki link go read it."

[1]-For the stupid ass trolls, my opinion based on the fact that the shit is written in as is factual format and does little to nothing to explain shit to new people AND most help topics on eqemu refer to the wiki which does shit to help a brand new server op AND/OR questions are answered via PM and there is thus a ton of threads of "help with topic_002" with no answer in it.

Why I just pm questions to current devs and then write my notes down. Maybe I can stick this information gained onto the wiki so its useful to others.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 02:41:17 am »

It was pretty easy to figure out, all the above info I posted is for UCS. You should have all the required files in the server folder already,opcodes etc,all the crap near the bottom of the wiki. The chat and mail are linked,only need to start up the chatserver.exe from my testing.

Anything I can do to help I'd be glad to and yea your right they really don't go into much,if any, of an explanation. Getting into quest scripts atm,fun fun !
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:16:42 am by Nindalf » Logged
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 02:59:32 am »

OK done some more reading on this seem you might be able to prevent channels from creating on start up,like general etc. I figure Hunter probably wouldnt want these since /ooc is server wide.

The reason to have a table is that there are a number of Chat Channels that the EQ client will automatically join you to (unless the option is turned off in the client). These are the channels such as General, Planes, Newplayers, etc, mentioned above.

To prevent a player creating one of these channels and putting a password on it, channels specified in the database are automatically created when the chatserver starts, with a password and owner that you specify. The minstatus field is the required status in the account table that a character must have in order to join that channel.
taken from wiki. Talking about the table in your DB.

So I'm thinking if no channels are in the table then no channels will be created,in the case Hunter or whoever just wants the friends/ignore and ability to create your own working. Will test later,still researching haha.

edit:didnt work..deleted table contents first,then tried deleting whole table. Tired will work on it some more,if Hunters even interested in this.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:13:02 am by Nindalf » Logged
Balthor2
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 04:23:00 am »

From my reading it seems you can just set access level as well.
So you could lock it down that way.
I checked my source folder and see a sub folder UCS but have zero idea how to compile or if its even required.
The chatserver and mailserver exe's open then close even when using the start.bat I have.
Its not something I am even interested in for my personal testing but I would like to figure it out as others are probably interested and would use it.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 04:38:48 am »

Assuming you compiled your own server, UCS is part of the supplied solution so it will build automatically and be saved as chatserver.exe in the build folder.

If it isn't running you probably have a config error which will be listed in the logs.  I would guess it's probably that the mail and chat ports are not the same in your config file since the default file has them different.

Look in your eqemu_config.xml file and make sure these two sections use the same port number:

Code:
	<!-- Chatserver (channels) information.  Defaults shown -->
<chatserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>7778</port>
</chatserver>

<!-- Mailserver (in-game mail) information.  Defaults shown -->
<mailserver>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>7778</port>
</mailserver>
Balthor2
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 05:28:10 am »

Ah yea it compiled if thats the case. The damn wiki is so vague about that.
I had loads of fun getting my conf file setup correctly and about a week or so ago my buddy held my hand through that.
Everything is setup as it should be and the correct ports are open -> forwarded to the correct internal ip.
Strange I have zero logs for the chat server. Will play with it more later.
Balthor2
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 06:15:39 am »

Just rebooted and see that it created a debug file
"[WORLD__INIT_ERR] Cannot continue without a database connection."
Going to poke it with a stick and figure out what it wants or where it reads for the DB info.
Balthor2
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 07:12:16 am »

Ok I got this shit working for me.
In eqemu_config.xml set the host to my internal ip and port to 10000
Opened my Mcafee virus and added the chatserver.exe to the approved application list and set the port to allow traffic to hit it.
Testing it right now to see if external connections will work.

For me on the internal network I can add people to the friends list, ignore list and join channels, speak in channels and leave channels.
Was kind of funny that I was defaulted to speaking inside a channel and no GM # commands worked until I "/channel say" to escape from the UCS which wont allow # commands.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 07:59:09 am »

Maybe this will give Hunter hope and incentive to do this. If Balthor can do it, you can too !  Shocked

Anyways be nice to get this working on EZ.
Balthor2
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 08:01:27 am »

Ok I had to open a couple ports on my router that are required for this, turn off mailipkeyverification and it works.
Can /friend /ignore people
However after removing someone from ignore you have to open the friends window and go to the muted tab and remove them from there. Even tho you used /ignore NAME to remove them from the list they stay on the mute list. At least for me they did.

Channels are working perfectly.

Now I am doing my testing on a windows machine and this server is hosted on some unix variant so not sure what Hunter would have to do *IF* he cared to use the UCS but it is an option.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 03:32:04 pm »

Was kind of funny that I was defaulted to speaking inside a channel and no GM # commands worked until I "/channel say" to escape from the UCS which wont allow # commands.

Hmm never had that problem,but I keep mine set to default group chat,and do /say #command for all my GM stuff and says.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 138