Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 10:26:01 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: SLS - wtb  (Read 15539 times)
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 10:16:06 pm »

Usually if a guild supports one person warping with screen shots showing that a warp took place then the whole guild is just as retarded as the warper.

He did not warp.  No one proved he did.  I'm pretty sure if it was proven that he did warp, they'd kick them out.
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 10:26:30 pm »

How did he go from one named to the other in 30 seconds without killing a single mob? I don't think he has the t4 spell where you are able to summon yourself to names.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 10:42:23 pm »

Heh, this is not a court of law. This is the court of public opinion. Seems the mass majority of the public has looked at the evidence and seen there was enough there to say the guy was warping... proof or not, enough evidence exists. Another thing that is apparent is no one in your guild came here seeking to resolve anything except one attempt by Drasnik and that was a lame attempt of 'oh he's too stupid to use it'. Everything else has been about bashing everyone who says anything negative about salv or your guild.

Don't you understand your on a sinking ship? It's like y'all are standing around on your sinking ship looking at this whole. And you're kicking the hole and you're like, why are you here whole. You're standing around looking at each other and you're saying, why is this hole here. And where standing here looking at you saying, look at those dumbasses kicking that whole. They don't even know they are sinking.

Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 10:44:09 pm »

How did he go from one named to the other in 30 seconds without killing a single mob? I don't think he has the t4 spell where you are able to summon yourself to names.

I agree with you that it did look extremely suspicious, but unfortunately, screen shots could easily be modified and time stamps are easily faked through changing the computer clock.

Unless Hunter finds him cheating through logs or there is a good video (like the willowisp guy), then he simply cannot be proven guilty.  If you were innocent, and somebody was to be out to get you and got a hold of a really interesting set of screen shots, how would you feel to be wrongfully accused without disputable proof?  Not only that, but your entire guild gets the shaft because some veterans think their opinions are facts.
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 10:45:44 pm »

Seems the mass majority of the public has looked at the evidence and seen there was enough there to say the guy was warping... proof or not, enough evidence exists.

You + Balthor != entire server

Edit:  I take that back the remark about the ego to you Xiggie.  Although you are with Balthor on this argument, i don't think of you that way.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:50:08 pm by Lintrix » Logged
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2011, 10:47:01 pm »

There is a lot more than myself and balthor that believe the guy warped, lol. Lets not be naive here.

Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2011, 10:49:01 pm »

This is sad.

Looking at the evidence that the screen shots show that he warped cause i dont see how someone could take a screenshot with the time and then wait for salvashun to go to the other boss and then change his clock to show the 30 second change.

Just say he warped and that you guys as a guild dont care to end it all already
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 10:49:15 pm »

I agree with you that it did look extremely suspicious, but unfortunately, screen shots could easily be modified and time stamps are easily faked through changing the computer clock.

Like I said the last time you tried to float the ridiculous "he changed his clock" theory, the screenshots show the server time as well.
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 10:52:22 pm »

Look.  There is a reason why Hunter doesn't accept screen shots for allegations like this. 

I understand that you guys *think* that he warped, and that's fine if you do not want to have anything to do with him in your gameplay, but it is unfair to generalize to his entire guild just because they do not have the same opinion.  It is still an opinion because it has not been proven to be a fact.  It will be a fact if a valid proof is brought forward, the valid proof being a video or Hunter's logs.

Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 10:54:24 pm »

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 10:57:06 pm »

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests

Quoted because that was just worth reading a second time.

dracolick

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 11:01:14 pm »

Usually if a guild supports one person warping with screen shots showing that a warp took place then the whole guild is just as retarded as the warper.

Fear Mongers is in no way supporting someone who is warping. If it's proven, then I'll be the first to denounce him for doing so.

Xiggie, the day you accept that majority opinion dictates truth is the day you give up any resemblance of a moral code to the random misgivings of uneducated, easily malleable masses. You go right ahead and do so if that suits your fancy but I will gladly let the majority opinion have no bearing on my understanding of truth, fact, and guilt.

Now...boys and girls...we don't need to revisit this issue. Remember what Hunter said: "I haven't read all 4 pages but basically let me know in email / post if you have solid video with date/time etc, otherwise no drama please."
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 11:03:04 pm »

If you cover your eyes and don't look at the screenshots you can ignore the proof.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 11:07:35 pm »

Here lets try some wit and logic and throw it out there like you tried to make fact out of wit and logic. See if it can work both ways.

The day you chose to ignore the opinions of the masses is the day you lose favor of the opinions of the masses. Now we can go around and say it does not matter what people think of me, especially in a game. But, in the end, it does. I fail to see why people don't understand that reputation is the best piece of armor you can get in everquest.

dracolick

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2011, 12:42:06 am »

Now we can go around and say it does not matter what people think of me, especially in a game. But, in the end, it does. I fail to see why people don't understand that reputation is the best piece of armor you can get in everquest.

I fail to see a) how "in the end" any kind of reputation you're talking about could possibly matter and b) what I could possibly require this "armor" to ward against. However, please show me the error in my beliefs. I'm all ears.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)