Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:40:08 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Call of the hero in qvic and SK corpse summon equalization  (Read 13314 times)
kpberry

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:36:41 pm »

So apparently my magician can't use call of the hero in qvic. I get a message saying there are no heroes here. However, a shadowknight can corpse summon and resurrect a person with no problem. Can we make Call of the hero work or at least make it the same all around?
Collector

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 11:40:06 pm »

Eh... never play live, just the way it is.. same with say.. airplane on live
Skorp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 11:44:38 pm »

This is how you choose to make your first post?  "If I can't have it, can we please nerf the others"

We don't take kindly to folks that don't take kindly around here.
kpberry

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 12:01:27 am »

"This is how you choose to make your first post?  "If I can't have it, can we please nerf the others"

We don't take kindly to folks that don't take kindly around here."

Good grief. I don't even know why I'm bothering with this. From my view it is disabled in a custom zone for either a reason or an accident. If an accident then fix it please. If it is disabled on purpose then the SK is an exploit. I'm sorry if this should have gone in some bug report forum. I'm trying to help out and I really don't care how it goes either way.

As for the second comment, that is why I have never posted before. Half the threads I search for have the first post from someone with something hateful or snarky to say. I won't post again just to save myself the effort of arguing with strangers on an anonymous bulletin board. It feels too much like I am arguing with the voices in my head. They are a big enough pain as it is Tongue

Anyway rant off. I'm out. Fix the issue if it is an issue or not whatever.
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 12:11:59 am »

It was removed by Hunter a while ago

It was being abused where a rogue would stealth to a named hit it and have the mage already summoning. The named would then run to the group without bringing any adds.
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 12:12:35 am »

The reason it is disabled is because back in the day rogues would stealth into the caves, tag the bosses, and get CotH'ed out.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 01:48:02 am »

I won't post again

This is the only sensible thing you've said in this thread.
Kreemo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 01:56:33 am »

I won't post again

you guys are harsh, the guy only asked a genuine question and he was shot down in flames.

Everyone moans that nobody uses the forums then this is what happens when they do!

Kreemo - monk
Krusha - warrior
Grimshaw - pally
Vern - cleric
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 02:07:04 am »

I would have approached this post differently OP you should have said....Hey whats up with no coh in qvic? Then everyone would be nice and give you the reason.

Don't be the guy who brings the nerf bat into a conversation. No one likes that guy.

Deadend
Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 02:11:26 am »

I won't post again

you guys are harsh, the guy only asked a genuine question and he was shot down in flames.

Everyone moans that nobody uses the forums then this is what happens when they do!

No shit, people need to lighten up. Even if he did post something that someone didn't like, for example mentioning "nerf". It's obvious the guy is new, no need to jump on his ass about it. Now I'm sure someone will come flame me for what I said, but personally I don't give a shit. There's no reason to jump on the guy for something he wasn't aware of.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 02:12:46 am »

Its the hazing process we all go through haha !

All kidding aside, this is why how you word your post really matters and how it comes across. I've been guilty of it. I mean it does sound like the "My toon cant so your shouldn't either" post.

If he'd just asked why it was like this,all would have been well and good.

I always thought CoH had an aggro wipe attached to it for this very reason. Or maybe it does on live and not here ? Or maybe I'm just dreaming..or maybe one can be added...
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 02:32:39 am »

I may be remembering incorrectly, but there was a time when CoH had an aggro wipe attached to it, but it was removed shortly after that.

While it worked, I used to use it to pull the first part of Temple of Veeshan since I wasn't kos there.  I could tag a mob, run back, feign, and have someone CoH me so I wouldn't take the faction hits.  It was much easier to get smaller pulls that way because they had a really big aggro radius if you were kos.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 06:08:45 am »

kpberry, I'll see your allowing CoH to work in QVIC but only if it is a pain like corpse summon. It must cost you 68pp item per cast. The target must also get in your group, die, then zone back in. The target must also now /consent you before CoH will work, but still consume the 68pp reagent regardless of success.

Now, all things considered, who has the short end of the stick in ONE zone? 

Enjoy your Morning.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 07:57:24 am »

It was actually a couple of changes with the server that allowed CotH to be used in a way that was exploitative. Mobs used to summon in every zone above dulak and I think dulak too. It was a kind of self managing anti train thingy. The idea was that once you did any amount of damage to a mob he would then summon you once every 6 seconds if you were out of melee range therefore prevent you from pulling large amounts of mobs. Of course people would huge trains anyway and just make sure they didn't hit any of the mobs. Trains became a huge huge deal on the server with the elders of the server going into newbi zones and just wrecking the zone doing RoA (Ring of Ages) runs. As the server population increased the newbi zones became impossible to lvl in. Hunter then further clarified the rules to allow training up to 10 mobs with the stipulation that if proof showed up in his inbox ('fraps banz', or 'fraps it or it didn't happen') then you would possibly be banned. There is a lot of people been banned or otherwise punished from the server because of the anti training rule. Because summon was no longer needed it was removed.

Now how does this affect qvic? Well, under the old server rule set if player 1 (any class) hit a mob and then was CotH'd the mob would then summon the mage while player 1's agro was wiped. The mage would be killed and the encounter would be done until the mob was tagged again. If you are thinking ahead here then you are probably thinking about what happens under the new server rule set. You tag the mob, get CotH'd and the mob makes a be-line for the mage. Because the mage is so far away from the rest of the mobs, only the original mob comes. This was hugely exploited in qvic.

Somewhere along the line, the hate transfer got changed. Now when you tag a mob and are summoned all agro is erased. So theoretically CotH could be put back in qvic because it is no longer exploited in that way. This is of course Hunter has additional reasons for keeping it out.

Sorry Kpberry for your first experience here on the forums. People really feel strongly about anyone even vaguely mentioning the nerf stick. Feel free to contact me in game I will answer any question you have.

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 07:08:57 pm »

my favorite caveat (as a mage) with mobs summoning was that you could reverse COTH in ldon 6 to loot any charm upgrade.

Player 1 attacks mob. 
Mage COTHs Player 1 (likely to zone in).
Mage gets summoned by weakling little ldon 6 mob... anywhere in the dungeon.
Mage kills ldon 6 mob or coth's Player 1 to help kill, and get their spot back.
Mage finds charm upgrade on corpse and cheers.
Player 1 goes back to killing uninterrupted.

That is my understanding why mobs were made to stop summoning.  You could do that to loot any item in any zone anywhere.

But yeah the coth in qvic was for sure a result of a few folks from <Avalon> (Gnaughty were you in on our group that night?)  I know Neuad and Lance were there because... well you get too many rogues together and they come up with some sheisty ideas.

We got about 3 pulls in and realized hey this seems like exploiting, then the zone came down for an immediate update... hunter was totally watching us... thank goodness he saw us voluntarily stop or else we'dabeen bampersan'd.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439