Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:20:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: nerf mitigations...  (Read 20399 times)
kalzin230

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2011, 09:45:47 pm »

so i hear there are a few  nerfs coming and a few boosts. from what i understand the following may happen:
1.) pallies will have healing reduced 10-25%
2.) SK's will get a DPS increase
3.) no other classes will be majorly impacted

here's the proposal I believe to be best:
1.) reducing the pallies heals is alright, but please consider reducing mob HP's by approx 10% or more
2.) enhance clerics with instant heals is good, but those healing values need to be super high
3.) increase damage mitigation of warriors
4.) wizzards need more DPS (more so then SK's; perhaps increase the hate an SK's proc creates?)
5.) Mages need some sort of buff to increase the effectivness of their pets or possibly a boost to the Mage pet's HP
6.) Beastlords need the same...
7.) shamans and enchanter's need not see the "this mob is immune to changes in its attack speed" live delt with this via "the spell was partially effective."

I understand that this is rather difficult but there are a ton of neglected classes at the moment, perhaps we shouldnt be nerfing the classes that can hold their own but enhancing the classes that aren't being used.

it's not about who is more powerful or who is overpowered, the classes need an overall re-balance... all of them!

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 10:24:28 pm »

I'm trying to keep nerfing to a minimum. Paladins NEED to have their heal proc reduced.

1) I plan to reduce T3/T4 boss hp after T5 is released.
2) Instant heals for Clerics would have a recast time + high mana cost, so they'd be good for emergencies, and useful again.
3) Why?
4) Wizards with UC were nuking 1.5 million, but I think it might be down to 3/4 million now.
5) Yes, all classes need new pets + pet buffs starting maybe at T1.
6) Same as above
7) Mobs are all un-slowable currently. Might consider changing that, need to find out how much that will affect the balance of things

Hunter - EZ Server GM
kalzin230

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:50:32 pm »

3.) the damage mitigation would make heals of less frequency be as effective... so the tank wouldnt have to be an SK.
7.) the partially effective would limit the amopunt they cna be slowed... you may want to look into this as a possible solution.
Destined

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 10:51:13 pm »

Hunter, would you like people to start giving some informational/parsed-based feedback on the matter of specific classes? Obviously, all classes have different uses. I'm also not trying to say I have the answers, just wondering if you'd like us to offer you some actual data-based information or let you take care of trying to balance things. I know it's very tough, just trying to see which sounds better.

Avoiding really long drawn-out discussions on classes/fixes agreement from everyone would also be nice if you want to hear ideas.
kalzin230

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 10:51:58 pm »

I'd also like to say i don't mean this as criticism but more of suggestion as a possible roadmap.. or things to consider...
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 11:25:05 pm »

Wizards got off a nuke of 1.25 million in a duel, with an Ultimate Charm,  however they cant/ couldnt cast it again for a good long while.  DPS on them is much lower than used to be, being able to hit hard but waiting to regen/mana stone back up fast enought drived damage per second way down in comparison to warriors. Before the yamaikagis spell was nerfed their dps was significant enough to be above warriors dps on auto attack.  I did 3 solid parses of themm this past weekend.  With an ultimate charm and bot buffed the can reach war dps over 20 mins if you are spamming the living hell out of mana stone.  Without an ultimate charm well, you get the idea.

Poop
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 12:14:17 am »

For the most part i am happy with the SK i have, Saying that when i recieved my 4.0 epic it seemed to do a little more but the clickie is the thing that i would like most to be changed/fixed. Going from my 3.5 with a HT that did awesome damage, i went to what seems to be the same effect as the 3.0. At this time i am working on getting another 3.5 just for that reason. I do not box so the SK is neither OP or completly useless for solo gaming im sure if i ran around with a small army of bots the War would be better or a pally for that matter.

pouncer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 03:25:47 am »

I must agree that any nerfs to pally healing should include higher mitigation to help compensate (and not just to warriors).

Spike damage can be insane and I can't see any spells cast that will be a viable substitute to pally procs.  The only way I can see healers being used more (why should we just give clerics love?) is to significantly increase their heal/regen amounts while lowering how much damage a tank will take, therefore making casting heals viable.  Faster casting times would be nice as well.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 04:38:49 am »

With the current change it wont stack with the druid regen buff, but I think having a decent HoT for clerics would be beneficial to catch some of the spike damage. Instant cast, long recast, but healing for 5k base per tick (which with full oracle and heal clicky amounts to decent healing, but only once every 6 seconds so not OP).

I wholeheartedly agree that pet buffs and pets need to be boosted from as early as t1 (as far as I care,  it can already start dropping in qvic - just let sand monster rotate one of four pet buffs - ENC, MAG, NEC, BL), and for the love of gnomes, please do something with enchanting defender. It's useless.

I'm fine with re-implementing slow, but I would be even happier if enchanter pets could actually be replacement tanks.

Anyone asking for charm to be re-implemented should be shot. As much fun as it would be running around with a dragon pet in PoD, it's either impossible to balance or utterly useless (depending on whether or not you'll allow mobs higher than lvl 70 to be charmed or not).

Oh, also - having a nice big anti-DS for clerics would also be fun. Cast on the boss, and every time you hit it you get healed for 500 base hps (which, again, with a decent attack speed and oracle/clicky amounts to nice spike damage mitigation). Spells like that already exist, it's just a matter of copy/paste adjust done (ideally).

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Ashar

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 07:00:58 am »

SK dps parses out the highest of all classes in game as of right now
Pally is second highest dps

This is based on UC and top gear/weapons.  Argue all you want this is what parsing shows.

PS: this is not to exclude warriors with dealing with multiple mobs.

Flame away pally and sk but this is how it is as of now.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 07:24:51 am »

Oh my god its weird to go back and read posts Ive made while half asleep.  I guess my point was to say that wizards dps is same as warriors?  A wizard spamming the shit out of shrimps manastone and casting Yamikagis, equipped with an UC reaches 35K dps.  Warriors with an UC do the same on autoattack standing there.  This is a tough job ya got here Hunter balancing these classes or at least trying to balance them.  Are we looking at balancing them around complete bleeding edge gear? I;ll help as much as I can boss if ya need any testing done or straight up parses.

Poop
Aname
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 08:14:51 am »

I don't parse - I'm allergic to math.
But if you give a Ranger a guaranteed one-shot kill on her bow and make it instant cast, then all should be well with the world.
RANGERS FTW!
pouncer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 08:34:18 am »

I'd like to add if you boost the dps of dps classes then there'd be no need to reduce the hp of mobs.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 09:11:24 am »

No no no pouncer
That'll start the debate of "what are dps classes"

Reducing mob hps makes every class more effective, in comparison to when you up dps on classes someone's always going to whine how they got shafted.

Also - Frond a pond (NEVAR FORGET)

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Collector

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 09:14:33 am »

No no no pouncer
That'll start the debate of "what are dps classes"

Reducing mob hps makes every class more effective, in comparison to when you up dps on classes someone's always going to whine how they got shafted.

Also - Frond a pond (NEVAR FORGET)

-Clev

Dps Classes usually being say ... ber monk rog wiz mag etc... but on here dps classes = war pal sk !
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439