Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:31:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: nerf mitigations...  (Read 20421 times)
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 09:17:32 am »

Clerics should be the next DPS class. Give them a 2 hour invulnerability, recastable every 30 minutes, and a better proccing 4.0 - Like one that procs Slay Living or something.

Win!

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Collector

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 09:20:12 am »

Yeah... but i don't think you can attack with invuln on? =P
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 09:23:58 am »

There are different types of invulnerability.
War t4 spell has an invulnerability effect instead of just base mitigation - it's an upgraded version of stonewall - this is the type I'm talking about.
Also, would be fun if you could invul three pet classes and yourself and just confuse the mob to death lol

Collector

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 09:28:24 am »

Oh hmm thats interesting... and on other note... Lol
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 09:43:26 am »

Yeah the war spell calle Crab shouts fuck off or something like that.  Made me giggle last night when I saw one drop.  never have used it though maybe i should farm t4 nekkid and try it.

Poop
Aname
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 10:38:52 am »

i should farm t4 nekkid

Where do we meet?
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 10:39:57 am »

Lowering the Paladin heal won't cause the majority of the player base to use Clerics more often.  They'll simply add another paladin in their main group to offset.  If they aren't already boxing Clerics (divine intervention), Paladins will still appease the boxing players.  Low maintenance > high maintenance

I think it's really great that you are looking into balancing/fixing some issues of class balance, but I think emphasis should be put on classes that are currently not being played/waste of a slot:

1) Berserker
2) Bard
3) Enchanter (sorry Clev LOL)

And many T3 spells need to be looked at, especially spells that require 50% of a player's mana for one cast (Yamakagis & Cleric Heal).  The monk's kick spell is a series of kicks that deal 100-200 damage, which is nothing in T3/T4.  And many melee class's spells require the item to be equipped, which takes away a weapon/charm slot when it is cast.  This and a few epics that need some love (cleric 3.5/4.0, berserker 3.5/4.0, etc..)

These are just some of the things that can be looked into for class balance, instead of focusing on two classes that has had a lot of love already (paladin/sk).  They are fine where they are IMO.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 11:53:43 am »

SK dps parses out the highest of all classes in game as of right now
Pally is second highest dps

This is based on UC and top gear/weapons.  Argue all you want this is what parsing shows.

PS: this is not to exclude warriors with dealing with multiple mobs.

Flame away pally and sk but this is how it is as of now.
It's the same at 3.0 level/level 20ish charms.
I don't see why you need to reduce healing of Paladins, but reduce dps.. hmmm maybe .. either that or ->
I'd like to add if you boost the dps of dps classes then there'd be no need to reduce the hp of mobs.
ding ding ding ding

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 11:54:44 am »

Lowering the Paladin heal won't cause the majority of the player base to use Clerics more often.  They'll simply add another paladin in their main group to offset.  
exactly.. you would have to REALLY reduce the healing... like completely ruin it... to make people switch.

and nobody wants that.

if you reduced it 20% people would just add another paladin and come out +60% on heals and +100% on dps...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:20:11 pm by walk2k » Logged

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 12:30:16 pm »

3) Enchanter (sorry Clev LOL)

None taken! It's true!

pouncer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 12:50:45 pm »

DPS can be easily defined as having no other major role.  You have tanks, healers, buffers, and DPS.  This makes rogues, wizards, mages, necros, beastlords, rangers, zerkers, and maybe more but I can't think of any hehe.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 02:14:51 pm »

The farther we go, the more irrelevant monks become, (and other DPS classes. Monks should be higher than sk in dps, and not by just a little but a large amount.

Best group on this server = 6 sk.

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 02:22:28 pm »

You have to separate them into groups, for DPS, casters and melee.

Rogue/Monk/Zerker top DPS melee (not in any order)

Wizzy top DPS caster.

Melee has always been better at sustained DPS, while casters are considered burst DPS. But on a custom server this can be overcome with mana regen, mana cost and resist rates..even casting times.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 02:28:41 pm »

The problem is that the majority of DPS isn't actually coming from weapon damage anymore, it's all procs.  Sure, I could load my monk up with icestrikes, and maybe he would be competitive with an equivalently geared pally/sk/warrior, but those other classes would still be more useful 99% of the time.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2011, 02:36:13 pm »

Have you parsed a pally lately? Pally with UC is 50k+. An SK is more than that. My monk has UC, 3 V augs, 2 V and 1 III and he is doing about 32 to 34k dps. That is with no benifit to rest of the group (cept for helping to make the mob dead) and no heals to group or self. I am not asking that any classes get nerfed, I just think that the DPS classes need to be higher. I like the role that sk and pally have been given. It makes them relevant and I would not want it diminished so I feel better about my monk. I just wish some of that love could happen to other classes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439