Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 09:25:28 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: nerf mitigations...  (Read 20389 times)
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 02:44:25 pm »

ye sorry for derail haha but..

Its to late for melee it would start a riot ! With the amount of haste obtainable and the low delays already,all melee hit the delay cap of 10(?) I think pretty easy. So those numbers on your epics are kinda misleading. Might as well set them all at 10 delay from start. I mean really if you think about it,its just eye-candy and fluff.

I mean zerker 2h is what 15 delay? Pally is around 25ish? But in actuality they both wind up at 10 with ease. So delay really isnt effecting balance. Damage would make a greater impact.

Proc rate is set for all,where as critical rate has one setting for zerker and one everyone else if I remember right? Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 02:47:44 pm »

I am not asking that any classes get nerfed, I just think that the DPS classes need to be higher. I like the role that sk and pally have been given. It makes them relevant and I would not want it diminished so I feel better about my monk. I just wish some of that love could happen to other classes.

Aye thats the best way to go about it,and I think Hunter has stated he prefers this route too.
I've said it before Warriors are the standard,for this server,in which all other classes should be balanced around. DPS classes above a warrior,hybrids just below if not on par.
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 03:04:04 pm »

I think the answer might just be... Increase the hell out of pure Melee Damage on their weapons. I think zerker 3.5 is 225 . Just double it.

Do the same with all pure melee.

I don't think nerfing is in order.

Are auras available  here? Why not use them as a way to balance. Each class can bring some thing useful to the table.

Deadend
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 03:06:41 pm »

I havent seen anything in the updates on eqemu about auras working yet. They currently do not tho,no clue why. Maybe someone else could she some light on it.

Its hard to find that 'magic' number for damage.. I mean it would take a ton of parses for each class involved. Because of the RNG, one parse be like "Wow i own!",next one be like "WTF happened there I suck"..and so on till you get a good average. But it can be done...

edit: Also I'm not knocking Hunter at all,but I dont know where he comes up these numbers, say for like crafted augs and epics. Have they been tested? Or did it just look good on paper? Without proper testing I think you get what we got now. I mean these may be the magic numbers, I'm just curious how he comes up with them.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:16:08 pm by Drezden » Logged
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 03:23:28 pm »

I know what you're saying Xiggie, but I didn't put any augs on my monk to parse since I know they'd just be better on another Pally.  I didn't realize the gap was so large even with them.

My favorite toon on live was a monk, and I keep one in my group here too even though it's not beneficial from a min/max standpoint.
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2011, 03:54:47 pm »

I think the answer might just be... Increase the hell out of pure Melee Damage on their weapons. I think zerker 3.5 is 225 . Just double it.

Do the same with all pure melee.

I don't think nerfing is in order.

Are auras available  here? Why not use them as a way to balance. Each class can bring some thing useful to the table.

Deadend

Actually,

Hunter found out that if you put over 250 (iirc) base damage on a weapon, it rolls back over and hits about as hard as a bag of air. I'm not entirely sure yet if that means that we've basically seen our maximum output for pure melee damage, or if maybe later down the road Hunter can whip up some new buffs that push our strength over the 440 limit (with buff bot buffs), which may increase base damage.

pouncer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2011, 04:28:43 pm »

What if anger augs weren't warrior only?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2011, 04:54:13 pm »

I think he should leave the warrior augs as they are but adjust the other augs and even make further upgrades for them. Add a tap component to the ice augs and make a VI and VII doubling the component cost on each new one. Adjusting the crit percent chance would help too.

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2011, 05:00:17 pm »

Doubling the component cost... *Choke*
Because nothing says attainable like having to spend 20 million on an aug VII to be competitive with the free dropped warrior augs?

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2011, 05:05:35 pm »

Maybe if you are buying it completely and not farming the mats for it. Magic blue diamond costs 1,007,999pp. Doubling that would make it 2mpp and some change, double that would make it 4mpp and some change. As for being competitive with warriors, they are with my setup. This would make me surpass them.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2011, 06:21:30 pm »

Warrior (anger) augs need to stay the same.  I don't even want anger augs on my monk, ranger, etc..  but how about some free dropped augs for those other classes that don't cost millions to make?  Unfortunately this is the only way we are going to get increased DPS until someone figures out the weapon damage cap issue.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2011, 06:32:04 pm »

Unfortunately this is the only way we are going to get increased DPS until someone figures out the weapon damage cap issue.

Nothing to figure out really.  It would require a code change to allow more than 255 damage on a weapon.  It is currently an unsigned 8-bit value.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439