Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 09:17:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Central California Fog  (Read 10831 times)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:56:02 am »

Goddamned mother fucking fog I hate it.  FedEx cant land its plane in Fresno airport therefore I can't get my package to me!  I hate the fog and I hate Fresno.

Poop
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 09:59:03 am »

You can go another day without the elevator shoes. Smiley
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 10:14:18 am »

you cant even see my freakin mailbox from my front door wtf, I am going to use my gnome skillz to create a giant wind turbine to blow this all away.

Poop
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:24:14 am »

I dont understand why planes cant land at a decently sized airport in the fog?  I mean, can't they just about land in zero visibility or something with electronic aid?  I just know they are up they straight above us circling saying to themselves, "why do these dumbasses live down there"?

Poop
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 10:46:28 am »

Depending on how far your mailbox is from your front door, there's a fine distinction between "could", "want" and "safe".

I mean, most planes can land in water! Without anyone dying! Once.

As a pilot, that's something you will want to consider doing when you're heading down at a 15 degree angle because 3 of your 4 engines blew. This, pretty much the same thing.

This pilot apparently has better things to do than to risk his life for your platform shoes.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 11:33:33 am »

Mailbox is 30 feet away, we had 20 feet visibility up to an hour ago.  They were able to just now land I guess the airport turned on its billion wattage heat lamps to help out plus some fog burned off.  15 years ago we had a flight booked to the Caribbean and fog stopped it then just frustrating.  Its foggu today but not as foggy as it can get, I remember one night deliviring pizza when I was 17 and the fog was so bad that I drove 5mph with myhead out the window listening for cars and watching the lines go by my side.  I think visibility was 5 feet or something lol.  Now youve got me reading about airplanes and ground effect, now Im reading about Boeing's new WIG vehicle.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:04:58 pm by Gnaughty » Logged

Poop
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 12:13:20 pm »

When I get fog with about 5-10 feet of visibility at work, I just look at my GPS, not the road, and hope that others are doing the speed limit as well.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 12:15:22 pm »

When I get fog with about 5-10 feet of visibility at work, I just look at my GPS, not the road, and hope that others are doing the speed limit as well.

=O

I am never going near a freeway in the fog again.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 12:32:04 pm »

Yeah all morning the highway patrol has been pacing hwy 99.  A few wrecks so far nothing bad like 20 cars though.  Yeah thats what I was taught when I first started driving in Fresno during tule fog.   Pray to god almighty that everyone else is going the speed limit so that you dont run up someones ass, or someone up yours. Ok now that Ive read all about the WIG's during the cold war I meandered to another site talking about ground effect and 9/11 and how a 757 couldnt have hit the pentagon.  Omg someone save me, last time I wandered to a conspiracy theory site I was freaked out for weeks! Shocked
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:41:05 pm by Gnaughty » Logged

Poop
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 01:11:31 pm »

Hopefully you ordered a tin foil hat along with the shoes.
Aname
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 02:40:47 pm »

When I was a kid, my dad used to let us take turns sitting on the hood of the car on foggy days.  We would shout back to him if anything was in the way.  Fun times.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 02:46:18 pm »

Yeah thats about what I had to do when I was younger.  Just stick my head out the window and listen for other cars, it waS awesome to have someone drive with you cause they could stick their head out and listen too!  Now I just dont drive in it hell with that shit no reason to die when you cant see past 5 feet in front of you in broad dayl;ight.  Oh and did you read the latest news for our area of the country?  Were due for a superstorm of flooding 40 days of water dumping the same omount of water that ten misissipipi's would.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:48:33 pm by Gnaughty » Logged

Poop
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 03:25:03 pm »

Sounds like it's time to order an Ark.  Hopefully with free shipping.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 04:19:59 pm »

Dont even get me started on that shit im already freaked out today about looking at the conspiracy site. Which then lead me to an old site I visited a year ago that freaked me all the hell out about aliens living on the far side of the moon. The good thing is this, my shoes finally got here a few mins ago at 2:15, thank you FedEx I love you.  Wink

Poop
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 04:29:52 pm »

im sorry for the waste pf space but this shipment was supposed to  arrive last Friday.  Those super close to me know what that means.

Poop
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061