Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 10:38:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: BARDS OF EZ ASSEMBLE  (Read 23765 times)
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2011, 02:30:53 am »

Ok. Bards need some love. This is whats up.

Starting this as a brain storming thread. This is what I've cooked up so far.

1. Bard dps is poor.
2. Epics 3.5 and 4.0 song modifiers are the same as 3.0
3. New stun changes have renderd bards very high maintnance.
4. ....

Possible fixes

1. Dps. t3 song is nice. I think there should be 4 of them though. This would probably bring bard dps up to 10k ish
a. Possibly a pet upgrade would be useful. The caster guild pet isnt worth casting as its vaporized if a gnome farts near it.
b. It would be nice to see a clicky proc t4 spell. Something to make melee dps viable. Kind of like the epic 1.0 for the bard. Procs and give the bard and grp feral avatar or something. Or a lifetap even.
c. Give the bard a focus of dots like the sham has?

2. Epic 3.5 and 4.0 modifiers for songs should be much higher. If you put a nice boost on the modifier for these the songs the bard has already could be really something worth using.
T4 or t3 ballad of overaided flame (or whaterver its called) does 4950 damage a tic with 3.0. With 3.5 its the same....booo
Make it hit for 6k with 3.5 and 10k with 4.0

3. Stuns are bad news for bards since hunter took out the aoe in air its been nice. I would love to see the bard have a extra stun resist just to make using melody an option again.

Ok that's it for now.

Deadend

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 03:42:48 am »

1. Bard dps is poor.
2. Epics 3.5 and 4.0 song modifiers are the same as 3.0
3. New stun changes have renderd bards very high maintnance.
4. ....
5. Profit!

Sorry Deadend, couldn't resist.

What the man says is true - keep in mind that the DS that the bard has will also go up with higher song mods, and that the song mod may possibly be capped in code.

Bards are a plate class - adding a proc to weapons (possibly also a form of damage mitigation? Like New Enchanter's Arm was supposed to be before it was changed back) would make them viable and wanted cross-tiers, and also make them slightly more useful than just standing there singing.

Also, agree with stun resist - either they need stun resist, or a higher chance not to have stuns interrupt (this code is already in! "You shake off the stun effect", it's one of the caster AA's but I forgot which one)

-Clevitsj

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
pouncer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 07:17:42 am »

Not to mention that they're supposed to be a support class but their buff songs suck.  They do very little to increase the actual dps of the group, I parsed with and without them and there was almost no difference.

Their buffs should be on par with enchanter buffs on helping the group out.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 02:23:04 pm »

If bards could be made so that they increase the parties proc amount and heal amount by about 30% with the 3.0 and then scaled up to 50% with the 4.0 that would make them a viable class in your group. As it stands right now they are prolly one of the most worthless classes in the game as far as grouping is concerned. Bard pl? That is entirely different, lol.

geotophe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 02:42:10 pm »

Agree with initial post.
No increase in song modifier from 3.0 up is just a dirty shame, beside getting more base damage on the weapon itself there is hardly any point working a bard up passed 3.0, it's just a waste of time. I am very concerned as my main is a bard, at least I consider him to be. I have 2x4.0 on him and it's not much of a reward for all the word involved. I often read in threads "work hard and you'll be rewarded" apparently this does not include Bards.

Bards of EZ it's time we make ourselves heard!
Agrias

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 03:09:09 pm »

I am very concerned as my main is a bard

Sorry Hateborne, there's someone a little nuttier than you out there..
geotophe

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 03:15:22 pm »

Diversity enriches us all!  Wink
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 01:27:59 am »

I often read in threads "work hard and you'll be rewarded" apparently this does not include Bards.

Doesnt apply to any specific class, what they mean is: Roll a war/pal duo.

geotophe

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 02:01:03 pm »

I often read in threads "work hard and you'll be rewarded" apparently this does not include Bards.

Doesnt apply to any specific class, what they mean is: Roll a war/pal duo.

Try for a sec to think outside your War/Paly duo box, there's a open, wide world out there.

I was making reference to Hunter posts responding to ppl complaining about quest being too hard (range item) or augs too expensive and saying he won't lower the difficulty nor the price and you got to play the game and work hard in order to get a reward. I agree with that, I worked hard all the way to get my 2 Bard epics 4.0 and I don't get much more than a 3.0, that was my point.

Now if it always comes back to make a War/Paly duo when ppl are pointing out things about other classes it's a bit sad really; and just a hint for you: this thread is about Bards and I do not see your post bringing anything constructive to the topic.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 02:17:35 pm »

Can y'all assemble near the crypt door in Seb?  Sometimes I need it opened and don't feel like logging on another box. Wink
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 04:35:06 pm »

Try for a sec to think outside your War/Paly duo box, there's a open, wide world out there.

Hi. I main an enchanter, 4.0'd. I've been maining her for a few months now.
What I was getting at is that the mentality of most people on this server is: You're playing a bard/zerker/druid/... as main? Reroll a war/pally.

Sorry if it came across as being unconstructive, I was trying to back you up by saying all non-pal/wars need love. All of them.

geotophe

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 02:22:23 pm »

Sorry if it came across as being unconstructive, I was trying to back you up by saying all non-pal/wars need love. All of them.

My apologies then, it didn't seem quite obvious to me when I read your first post.
ronmeister

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 03:39:03 pm »

Thinking out of the Box eh.
Well how about this its probably near on impossible to do but i'm not a programmer or anything remotely close so it may actually be doable.
Would it be possible to play a song from our weapon? ie:Like a spell gem slot we can mem into our weapon that actually played when equipped so epic 3 may have a gem slot wich let us play a song(or have effects of a song)when weapon was equipped ,a song of our choice that we memmed into weapon
3.5 would have 2 slots epic 4 would have 3 slots.
duel wielding 2 fours would give you 6 songs of your choice playing when weapons were equipped.We could then twist our regular 3 or 4 songs as normal.
Probably a stupid idea i know but just trying to think of ways to make them usefull or at least a bit benifial for either solo or grouping.Either way we need some love and the 3.5 and 4 should deffo be a lot better than the 3

Ronnie
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2011, 05:46:25 pm »

You can put spells on augs - dont know if songs on augs would actually work for group, and if you'd need to activate them or if they can be worn.
Someone with their own server should test this - Maybe bards can get some song-augs that they can put in their epics, but that would totally up their AFK'ishness tbh.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2011, 07:26:53 pm »

O_O

...I'm speechless...did I just get beaten?

*examines Ring of the Ages 100*

....nope, not yet.  :-D

Ok on the bards.

A) Bards need something to make them useful cross tiers. As a support class, the scaling needs to be better. The client/server may not support values much higher as it may "reset" and roll over (say cap is 300, we get 301, it rolls over and we have instrument bonus of 1).
B) I think that honestly, the Sorc charm needs to affect DoTs -AND- DD. This would greatly allow necromancers, shamen, druid, and bard spell damage to actually appear on parses as more than just "lolwut".
C) The bard needs some hardcore avoidance or health buffage. My druid has more hp than my bard (until I get him a full set of 1k augs).
D) Modify/Add AAXP that ALWAYS allows songs casting through stuns.

-Hate
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 07:34:16 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057