Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 05:53:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: UNDERFOOT CLIENT  (Read 30443 times)
ronmeister

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2011, 04:35:53 pm »

Well i downloaded the underfoot client by accident thinking it was Sod.
I did a bit of reading on the eqemu site and found out i could still use it if i manually patched a few missing files.
Well 10 mins later and i was up and running and i must say its pretty impressive not found any noticeable bugs as of yet.
The reason i posted this is to see if anyone is using underfoot and if there is something ive overlooked like skills not working or something of the sort.
It seems to run smooth and the window resizing is awsome for when your boxing.
So if ive overlooked something please let me know ,
thanks in advance
Ronnie
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 09:03:33 am »

HI THERE,

I'm very curious and want test Underfoot myself.  Can you give me that 'accidental' link ?  Grin

Thks,

AlRazor
ronmeister

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 05:18:15 pm »

Heya mate just look for a torrent
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 03:55:07 am »

any hint ?   Undecided
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 08:45:15 am »

Dude it's not that hard...

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 10:34:00 pm »

On goverment computer at the moment, so cant check this link due to web filtering. Try this.

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6163195/

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 10:35:06 pm »

Or this

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6155576/Everquest_Underfoot_(Steam)

Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 11:12:32 pm »

Underfoot doesn't seem to have BOT on it.  Otherwise, I have had no problems.
ronmeister

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 04:19:40 am »

Underfoot doesn't seem to have BOT on it.  Otherwise, I have had no problems.
Do you BOT as in bastion of thunder?IF so ive just been in there now with no problems.
What i did do though was patch a version with live then  replaced all the missing files in the folder i was using for EZ.
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=PlayGuide go there for instructions its pretty straight forward.Just dont get rid of the client your using now just in case.
Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 06:12:24 pm »

In theory, you should be able to copy the zone files from an older client and paste it in the newer on, as long as the names are the same (ultimately replacing the newer one) and allowing you to access the zone

Skorp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 07:18:27 pm »

If that is true, can SoD clients copy the Highkeep zone files and get in there?  I think I'll test that one myself.
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 02:13:01 am »

Yes, the Underfoot client is actually very good once you have replaced the missing files in it.  Replacing the missing files is pretty easy if you purchase UF from Steam, as you will get a CD key you can use to create a trial account, which will let you patch to Live.  So, once you download UF from steam, copy that whole folder to another location (and it probably wouldn't hurt to make an extra copy of the folder somewhere just in case something gets messed up).  Then, after you have another copy of UF, use your default steam install to start EQ normally and log in with the trial account you created.  Then, you can patch that folder to Live and use the live folder to copy the missing files into your UF folder.  Just select all files in the main EQ Live patched folder and copy them, then paste them into your UF folder and when prompted if you want to overwrite any existing files say NO to all of them.  This will just copy in any missing files and not replace any existing ones.  After that, the only thing left to do is copy the dbstr_us.txt file from the Live folder and overwrite the one in your UF folder (this is the only file you want to actually overwrite).  Then, Underfoot should be a complete install and a very good EQEmu client.

Also, on the highkeep zone issue mentioned in the previous post; no that will not work.  For some reason, the old highkeep was completely removed from the later clients.  To my knowledge, it is the only zone that was completely removed like that, and there is no public fix for it, as it requires patching the actual eqgame.exe with a bit of a hack.
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 04:44:08 am »

Hello there,

Please, can you tell me where exactely I can find the ZONE FILES in the EQ GAME DIRECTORY ?

Thanks,
Alrazor
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 05:05:31 am »

Hello there,

Please, can you tell me where exactely I can find the ZONE FILES in the EQ GAME DIRECTORY ?

Thanks,
Alrazor

This bugs me. His posts are relatively eloquently written, not many grammar mistakes, and he is kind enough to follow some basic post layout, but all of his posts seem like you're talking to a void. Information goes in, but is lost forever.

Alrazor, are you a native English speaker? What is your native language if not?

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 06:17:37 am »

Dutch (Belgium)  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy