Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:20:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Ez Economy Fix?  (Read 20379 times)
slaughterhaus

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2011, 04:06:18 am »

This isn't so much a suggestion as a call for help....I'm sure you folks know as well as I do that there is a serious problem with the EZ economy. Money is nearly impossible to make at the moment. People aren't paying any money for the drops they use to pay for. Qvic-t4 gear rots non stop all day. Even selling runs through zone doesn't yield any PP.

What do people pay for then? Where is the money going ? I'm sure hunter can tell us but I'm pretty sure its going to the NPCs for Mats for augs. Like a perpetual PP vacuum.
I'm not an economist or anything, hell I went to Art School but I do know that since hunter added augs to the server and wiped the banks clean the economy has been piss poor. FG and CG sets are the only real avenue to generate any income and they are so variable its scary.

How do you introduce more money without making the intentionally hard to afford augs affordable. How do you get the money circulating, how do you get People to invest in gear and services such as runs and such?

So I was chatting with LB tonight and he brought up a good idea again. I've seen it shot down a few times but I would really love to see the Bazaar put into action. Would it not be beneficial to the economy to make items in qvic/tacvi/t1/t2 trade-able?
Like ores and aug combine items?
Things are rotting day and night without people buying them how can the average jerk like me make a few bucks?
I can only farm qvic for gems for so long.

This might not be the answer but it is an idea:)

Thoughts, suggestions?

Deadend
Storm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 04:55:18 am »

People are hoarding plat in anticipation of T5 (instances, new aug recipes, who knows what else, etc).

Let's wait for T5 to be released and see if anything changes with the economy.  I'm sure it will.  Gems still drop, noobs still need qvic runs, more seasoned players still need that elusive plate bracer or something...

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 05:12:26 am »

LMFAO you did post it lol !

Thank you for the credit on this one at least. We have a bazaar not being used atm, i used to have 3 mules active in bazaar on live with liek 5mil pp and prob 15mil in items on them.

I do feel if even not for mules being used in bazaar, at least peopel that like to only farm (I.E) those that arent pressed to progress, could rake in pp farming pally war rng rogue hell all ore now lol, and said mats for hp aug regen etc.

I really feel it would also diversify ooc rather then seeing the continually spammed mith ssoy etc guk items people are desperate to sell now to make pp.

Thanks again for the noth up on this, im sure it would be tons of coding etc, and yes i wish i nkew anythingabout it to help, but i only know log in and play =)

-Lightblade

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 05:14:45 am »

Damn, should read storms post before i posted my first one. Storm i know your right about hoarding pp, and until the ninja change i had a tniy bit. However, im not so sure the bulk majority of the  server is hoarding pp, cause i get my head knocked off trying to get 100-200k per T4 plate items everyday. I get offers of 20-50k, so maybe... jsut maybe....they arent farming enough gems P

-Lightblade

Destined

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:17:00 am »

I think what might work would be adding a zone where you can only get money on corpses, maybe make it bosses that drop varying levels of platinum with difficulty that scales with tiered content; the higher the boss, the more platinum it drops. That, or some new quests that reward platinum for doing specific events, kinda like the starter quests. The amount of plat generated per hour should be greater than what you can make in an hour in each specific tier, but not by too much. However, I think there should be a way to farm just money rather than money and stones or money and ores or money and quest pieces, etc etc. We have a zone tailored to RoA so why not one tailored to making money?

Or maybe the zone can have random decreasing chances to drop rare gems/items that sell for a buttload of PP. You kill a boss and you get X amount of platinum, and there's a rare chance for you to get a gem that's worth maybe 10k, 50k, 100k, etc. This can easily be scaled at Hunter's discretion; he knows the rate plat enters and leaves the game. If he did this, he could make T5 instances cost more but people would have an avenue with which to pay for them without spending 12 hours in HoH farming gems. The cost of making augs was reduced just recently, but t3 plate still only sells at 100k at best if it isn't a breastplate. Epic 4.0 books (Which are what Hunter is thinking of making t5 flags) sell for under a million now. I think with more plat in the economy people would be more willing to part with it to the players that actually kill the bosses they need to get their higher gear/flags and progress quicker. Maybe we can find other plat sinks that work just like augs- maybe armor/jewelry slot augments that cost platinum to buy and are improvements over the rank 5 augments.

I dunno, these are just some ideas to throw around. Maybe the economy is the way Hunter wants it, maybe he isn't too worried about it at this specific point in time, etc etc. With t5 looming just around the corner, though, if epic 4.0s are the flag people will be trying to buy them to see what's up in the new zone.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 05:26:16 am »

I already did this for HoH zone, which I think drops both gems and plat.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Destined

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 05:28:29 am »

The straight plat that drops from Avatars in HoH is very low; in 4 hours of farming I end up with maybe 10,000 platinum from avatars, hardly anything to even shake a stick at. Again, not sure if that's how you intended it or not, but suggestions are just suggestions.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 05:54:00 am »

The straight plat that drops from Avatars in HoH is very low; in 4 hours of farming I end up with maybe 10,000 platinum from avatars, hardly anything to even shake a stick at. Again, not sure if that's how you intended it or not, but suggestions are just suggestions.

4 hours of HoH give me abut 15 to 20k raw PP, and 3 to 4+ bags of gems.... not the best but still good....

I feel the economy bug people are feeling is trying to rush multi goons to end game and full augs on all goons.....that's expensive it will take time to farm items and PP... but people always want the fastest speedy way to get there...

One more thing the PP was messed up with the heavy inflation artificially created by the exploitation. People thought or feel those high prices were the norm they are not...

Go farm pp and items if you want to outfit all the goonsquad with end game augs...

I'm still farming also for my full team I've been at it a while I'm not rich but patient and persistent hang in there and please don't expect endgame ASAP. Don't get me wrong I would love to be full everything now now now too!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 07:33:54 am »

Issue moreso is that nothing sells now. Someone called it buyer's market recently, and quite frankly the buyers have all decided not to buy anything. T3 hardly sells, excluding plates and last one I sold was greaves for 80k. T4 seems to be the last stand looming barely at the 100k+ limit (and nobody ofc sells the most desired pieces). Sup Lightstones are still a hit and stay valiantly at the 150k range. FG/CG kits... Meh. You used to see chaps sell em quick enough, now it's like same guys /oocing their kits for days (unless he camped a second one alrdy, I dunno =p).

I have no idea what this talk about "saving for T5" is all about anyway. Instances were said to cost 100k. What are people expecting, that the first T5 plate chest that drops will be auctioned? Ain't gonna happen buddies, there's most likely going be a good while before anyone sells anything worthwhile from there.

It's just kind of disheartening to farm T2 for some bracers and have 4 DC chests rot since nobody wants to give anything over 50k for em (and I ain't going to clear to entrance and zone out of instance to guildinvite folks for bleeding 30k; SORRY PAL).

I mean, I'm broke all the time since the augs came out. Got 1 mill off lottery bot recently and every copper went into the hungry mouth of the crafter merchant.
Dragonmist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 09:47:33 am »

I was curious as to why HoH was 100K per Guild Instance when T3-T4-MCP is in one single Instance and only 10K I mean cant HoH just be 10K?

I can deal with this np BUT it doesn't make much sense to go from T1/T2 10K instances to HoH 100K,then Back to T3+ right back at 10K instances again?

Only 2 zones Lguk and HoH are 100K right? where is logic in the price diff?

WAR-Warfiend
SK-Ciera
PAL-Fevein
PAL-Zelera
PAL-Kordel
RNG-Dragonmist
ROG-Consealed
WIZ-Zeldraco
BER-Shadeis
Ashar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 10:04:10 am »

PoA is 100k also  T3/T4/MCP at least was lasttime I bought one
Skorp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 10:17:21 am »

Then it's been a while since you bought one, sir. Wink
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 12:13:47 pm »

I don't really see a problem here.  The market will dictate prices of things.  They were probably over inflated before and are just equalizing now.

In reality NODROP stuff was never intended to sell for "looting rights" anyway, and some would even say that's an exploit.  You're supposed to earn this stuff for yourself otherwise he would just make it all tradeable...  So consider buying/selling those items as a bonus right now. 

Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 12:42:36 pm »

When the platinum exploit was fixed, what we saw was a gradual increase in value of our platinum.  This was first seen through prices of commodities such as major dragon essences falling from 500k to 250k. 

Let's say you can only sell T3 molds for 100k now instead of 500k.  Yes, you're getting a lot less plat, but with that plat, you can buy more things now that everything on the market dropped in price.  This really isn't a problem for the most part if everything on the server is free market, but it's not.  The prices for Guk & HoH instances were not adjusted down for deflation, and the prices for augs are still at the same price level. 

Another example is if your 100k salary was reduced to 50k, and everything you buy in the stores have dropped their prices by 50% as well.  This isn't really a problem, as the market does adjust itself to the supply/demand; however, what we have here is the government controlling parts of the industry.  This is equivalent to having to pay rent at the same price as before.  What you have now is increases in price for rent, but constant prices in everything else.  In-game, what we will see is a larger gap between people who can afford 100k instances and version 5 augs, and people who can't.  Everything else remains the same.

We do see Hunter adjusting some of this through monetary policies by increasing the plat drop on HoH bosses.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 01:06:52 pm »

He did lower the price of the augs though, he made them use 1 rank lower material.  He may adjust the price of instances too, I feel like HoH should be 10k considering how crowded it is lately (and the fact it's quite unstable..) or he may not - you don't have to use instances after all, you can use the public zones.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)