Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:02:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What does the future hold for me?  (Read 5942 times)
Dethundrel

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:55:30 am »

I will try to keep this short, but you and I both know that's no gonna happen. However, I will do my best. I know I will ask some questions that are no brainers, please read and respond with an open mind.

I am currently 3 boxing a Warrior, Paladin and I rotate a DPS class, right now, it's a Ranger. I had a ton of fun bringing them all up together an thus far am enjoying plying them. I played on Live for 9 years and appreciate the opportunity to come back and not have to put in 1000 hours of game play to get somewhere. To those of you who have and continue to work on this project, I thank you.

I have been on EZ for over a month now and have tried to be as self sufficient as possible, but have enjoyed the help I have gotten from a few select people (Pallyman, you fuckin rock!). But I seem to have come to a rough spot. I have all 3 toons nearly full Time geared, and can kill all the mobs for pages on Time minus the Dragon Slave. I can survive him without much difficulty, but I cannot get him past 99% life, I simply don't do enough damage. My toons are not maxed on AA's yet so I know that will make a  big difference. The only one with 1.5 epic is my pally thanks to someone killin the Dragon Slave for me. I attempted Terrorantula and got slammed within 10 seconds. Thn along comes Pallyman and springs for an instance on his own dime since someone killed Terror right after I died.
Being as the weapons I have from time are just as good if not better than the Ranger 1.5, I don't see them making much of a difference. If I can't kill the epic mob to get my epics in the first place, movin on to 2.0 without some help doesn't seem much of an option. I do not mind help 1 bit, I just dont want to be a begger. I've tried to take on the dragon slave with my different disc / spell rotations and such, but I just can't get it.
I know ROA is a great option in helpin get through the tough stuff, but it really only helps with survival, not killing ability (until you get it up aways). I will do it eventually as I know for a fact it will help, but I'd like to start getting some stuff done before I have to go on a leveling spree for a few weeks since I have kinda limited time to play.
I will keep my nose to the grindstone, as my 9 year track record shows I am an EQ vet, and willing to put in the work, but is there somethin EZ specific I am just being too stupid to see? Any advice / input is welcomed.
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:00:30 am »

one of the best classes for dps in the begining meaning lower ranked epics i.e- 1.5 etc.. is the ROGUE. Yes rogue, they can backstab for massive amounts of dmg. and IMHO is one of the best dps boosters you can get, w/out needing something from a higher tier to be sufficient. you can do great dmg in t1/t2 with a rogue having a 2.5 even, but if you're in t1/t2 you might as well get the 3.0 since u have to be flagged for that anyhow.
Food for thought

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 11:14:04 am »

You aren't by chance the Iksar Monk from Bertox are you Lex?
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 11:15:08 am »

No I am not Smiley

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 11:34:34 am »

When I first started here and was 2-4 boxing I was running War/pal/clr/ranger. Only really had the cleric around to survive long enough to deal damage since my gear sucked. Once I got the better gear on my toons I eventually rotated the clr out for another pally. I would say right now until you can gear yourself better you need to augment your healing capability to mitigate the damage you are going to take while your DPS is low. The other options is to go with a self healer to be the offtank in case your war goes down. (think SK)
Even though I rotated the cleric out of the main team for the time being I have kept him geared up. So when I break into new content I always have him handy in case I start to get spanked again when my gear isn't up to snuff.
The other alternative is grind out some PP and buy a 1.5 page run. Group instance is only 2k and you will probably find someone to do it fairly cheap/free as long as you pop for the instance. (t2 geared toon with 3.0 epics can get through potime in the amount of time it took to read your original post hehe, seriously though might take them 10-15 minutes)

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 12:13:24 pm »

Pro we need to do your 4s tonight

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 12:18:45 pm »

I have the pages from time minus page 10, and of course the big spider. I have not really done any money hunting yet and blew 30k on my lvl 2 noobie charms so I don even have 10k to pop for an instance. I know I will in the future, just was lookin for some insight on what others might think differently than me.
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 01:05:42 pm »

10k for guild instance, 2k for group instance

If I'm on, send me a tell and I'll kill Dragon Slave.

You'll find as you progress that there are some difficult spots where you need friends. Epic 1.5 is easy except for DS. Epic 2.0 is easy except for ldon 6. Qvic is very very difficult until you get a 3.0 or two. (A Qvic run is the best investment you can make on the server)

I can still remember the people who helped me through the difficult spots. As self-sufficient as we all try to be, getting help (and helping others) is the way friends are made here on EZ  Smiley

edit: typo fixed
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 02:07:07 pm by chunkumss » Logged
Ashar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 03:24:06 pm »

Give Asharx a tell tonight I have been known to help peeps out.

When I first started out I got a big helping hand from some random player I just met that day that was powerleveling himself another warrior. 

I have a couple MCP kills lined up will work with you.

Enjoy EZ server
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 04:40:25 am »

People forget the greatest asset you have in the game, especially at lower levels:

That's right, a 4.0 epic gnome mage.

Oh wait, I meant to say friends! Yeah, that's it.

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 268