Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:31:33 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shaman Epic  (Read 9728 times)
Lexington

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2011, 11:28:16 am »

Would like to see shaman epic changed to something like the original 2.0 of shaman with longer lasting or shorter recast. Scale it if it is too powerful.
I think of shamans as a group helper, a glorified "CD" player.  I use the wunshi and other buffs for the group instead.
What does everyone else feel on the current epic buff?

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 12:25:58 pm »

I see shamans as a tribal witch doctor type character. Using primal/ primitive magics to do their tasks.
Creating salves and potions for healing/ curing wounds. Brewing potent liquids to attract swarms of insects (like the slow spells)
I don't see Shamans as group healers the way I see a Cleric and much lesser extent, Druid.
I see Shamans as powerful single target healers, with excellent slowing/ physical debuffing abilities, and excellent physical buffs. They are the melee friendly version of my ideal Enchanter (excellent slowing/ magic debuffing, and magic buffs).
I like the Epic clicky they has currently, but it seems lacking. Straight HP buff is boring and kinda out of line with the essence of a Shaman. Maybe include stats (which isnt really an improvement, since most people's stats are maxed), a melee haste (which also wouldn't matter with 200% haste items), and something to do with the spiritual connection between Shaman casters and the buff recipient (some sort of reverse DS maybe)

I would be more opt for these kinda changes to be completely honest, but im happy with a majority ruling (mostly)

grizer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 12:35:12 pm »

The shm 4.0 has more than just HP buffs. It has 200% Speed modifier and Some other buffs built in.
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 12:59:35 pm »

ya and blocks anything that raises str/sta/dex/agi cap and also lacks AC.  Boring, might as well use cleric buff instead. the original clicky is more to par imo

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 03:01:37 pm »

What about adding %s instead of raw stats? Like +10% melee dmg. Meaning instead of dealing 1000dmg a hit, you deal 1010 and such. +10% melee mitigation, 15% positive modifier to all skills (parry, riposte, dual wield, etc..)

adding raw anything is rather lacking in general, but +%s seem to be a better alternative

Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 03:05:07 pm »

Like +10% melee dmg. Meaning instead of dealing 1000dmg a hit, you deal 1010 and such.

i lol'd just cuz i'm goofin but isn't 10 1% of 1000?

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 03:19:19 pm »

lol true, guess i wasnt paying attention =p
eatting soup, playing flash games, and trying to write forum posts. Im bad

jew_nose_it

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 09:18:37 am »

what kind of soup?

Yeah I hate the shaman epic buff cause it lowers my stats Sad

Everything else about it is cool other than that it doesn't increase the stat cap like Wunshi's does (makes no sense, its a better buff, why can't it raise the stats too) and lasts for 50 min.

Owner of Herpp, Herpderpp, Heinzz, Djay, Eyelike, and Durkadurkaa

Leader of <Rainbow Warriors>!!!!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081