Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 08:58:27 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Lightblade Ex Leader Illuminati  (Read 11319 times)
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:15:45 pm »

Hello hello,

I recently made the decision, and it was the right decision, to step down as leader of my then guild of 150+.

This is by my own choice, against the advice and heart felt convo's with guildies, to free the guild tag I made from the drama, I Lightblade, have been surrounded by in the past month.

When i made this guild in DEcember, i promised my friends a place to log in and play free of BS and drama, i ran it well, and maintained that order and enforced my rules, but subsequently fell into far too much drama on my own doing.

My guildies are strong, my guildies are good people, alot of them hold respectable jobs in their RL, and open their hearts to others in all they do. This was the need i saw to surround myself with like minded individuals, hence the guild i made.

I ask only this, Anything lightblade does from here on out, or anything i have been involved in in the recent past, not be held against my guildies in Illuminati. None of them break any rules, and do everything they can the old school way, no macros no afk farming no bot programs. Should you run into them in game, please show them the same respect you would expect as a player here. Thank you, for understanding and reading this post.

I am (NOW) the leader of Cats in Hats, this guild was made for me by hunter about a month ago. This is my old guild on Drinal. The toons in the guild are mine and mine alone. From here out, anytime you see the tag Cats in Hats, it is my toon directly, or someone i invited to buy an item. There will be no guild invites, just Lightblade, and his toons.

I mean everything i type in tells in forums in email or what i speak on the phone. I stand behind everything i say and do, and When i say "I love EZ server" and everything i try to do here is for "our" best interests, I mean it. I hope, in time maybe, I can shed the most recent BS and drama that i had knowledge of, and restore the reputation i once held.

You know what reputation!!! The nice guy that occasionally blows up on morons in ooc, and flames Hunter when hes upset about non-procing pally epics !!!

Yepo ... him ! Love ya all, i really do. Goodluck Illuminati, goodluck my patient and brave officer, now Leader: Warfiend/Dragonmist/Ciera +++

Thank you man for taking on such a heavy load, and allowing me to breathe a lil easier for a bit.

See you all in game ^.^

-Lightblade

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:05:12 am »

Hah, another Drinalite. First I have met in emu.

JDFriend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 05:12:52 am »

Yeah Xiggie, was the first server i rolled on. played on it from 98-2004. Was in cats in hats from mid 99 till i quit.

Too funny, i actually came across someone otherday tht was on drinal as well.... dont get mad at me for blasting you Darinow Smiley

We actualy knew ea others guilds and he knew cats alt guild. was too funny cause i never see anyone from drinal ever even when i played wow and other mmo's.

Dragonmist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:28:02 am »

No problem man I don't mind running the guild. Thanks for Props.

As for recruitment still not recruiting atm may open it up in future with requirements.

See everyone in game! Warfiend

WAR-Warfiend
SK-Ciera
PAL-Fevein
PAL-Zelera
PAL-Kordel
RNG-Dragonmist
ROG-Consealed
WIZ-Zeldraco
BER-Shadeis
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 12:40:50 pm »

I started a couple months before Velious came out till 06. I was in various different guilds but never in any of the top tier guilds. I just never had the patience on live to put the huge amounts of effort in to get 5 items for 20 to 100 people to split up. I like emu a hell of a lot more. In emu each person is more instrumental in the success or failure of your efforts.

JDFriend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 04:08:39 pm »

What's that Xiggie?Huh can i get a big F NO!!! to DKP...hehe.

I raided with them right up till they changed to Nightraid guild, and we used the DKP system, i remember saving DKP for over a month or two to be able to spend it in raids where i needed gear P

And so many are accustomed now to ..."OMFG, i need it right now yesterday last week !!!"

Old school raiding FTW, patience and effort triumph over "Gimme, gimme , gimme" every day of the week.

-Lightblade

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 04:14:37 pm »

I could go for a mixture of it sort of but as long as there was a guaranteed drop rate of items you need. Imagine being on live and needing 12 toons to go kill a mob cause one of our <insert random class here> needed a bracer.

JDFriend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 04:36:27 pm »

Trust me i was in those days... i remember raiding kael way back when it was 40+ and spending 12hrs in it to get nothing.... so yeah, i do prefer the omfg i got it finally drop rate.

But, i also scowl at the (cough...) newer players, that expect everything yesterday cause they killed it a few times. It is rewarding, only when you have worked SOOO hard for it....

As i believe alot of us see now, given recent events.

I miss kael....  Cry
-Lightblade
(I need one of those bada$$ sig's everyone else has, that just says it all in one nice little script)

Dragonmist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 10:35:57 pm »

I played on Rodcet Nife as Rayzstyn Darkelf Wizard in Malicious Assent,and few smaller guilds before that Feb 2001-2003.

June 2003-Started Ranger on Veeshan played on there 03-2008 raided all expanions all the way up to Queen Malaria in SoD.
Guilds I was in on my Ranger,Cleric,Berserker,Warrior,Wizard on Veeshan/Luclin server.
<Sanctus Aemilius>
<Infinite Odyssey>
<Day of Reckoning>
<Only The Brave>

Things I miss earning gear,and raiding with good friends new accomplishments,getting epics and having so much damn fun learning all sorts of stuff every day as a damn newbie LOL!

Things I will never miss DT mobs,Hell Levels,Corpse Runs,Golden Leaf Armor,Vex Thal Shard farming 2-3x over for a new guild and all the members each time,GoD raiding not long after was launched,Taking RL break and come back to no help and empty ass zones with 0 people and everyone max level,highend raiding only and most are not real account owners or dickheads.

WAR-Warfiend
SK-Ciera
PAL-Fevein
PAL-Zelera
PAL-Kordel
RNG-Dragonmist
ROG-Consealed
WIZ-Zeldraco
BER-Shadeis
Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 12:01:22 am »

Lightblade can it be true?Huh i was on Drinal during Cats in Hats !

Omg Xiggie you too??

I started my MMO career with EQ back in '99.  I remember when CiH were the dominant guild there, while i was an absolute noob.  
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:43:58 am by Lintrix » Logged
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 01:12:41 am »

I played there too, with Crimson Twilight.  Smaller guild but right behind Cats at the time (kunark/velious).  We came from Mithaniel Marr when it split, along with Mithril Warhammers and a couple other guilds.  Good times....
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:15:38 am by walk2k » Logged

Nulo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 03:01:51 am »

I was in Day of Reckoning on luclin/veeshan right before quitting EQ, I was a bard named flipp.

Sorry haven't been playing on EZ much lately but seen that and had to post lol.

Xenz - Warrior
Napi - Paladin
Nulo - Monk
Nulolan - Rogue
Botted - Cleric
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 09:47:53 am »

Wish we could /rewind about 3-4 weeks haha. Reform, reinvite and lets get into T5! We where just starting to kick ass too..
JDFriend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 11:16:47 pm »

Tell me about it bro, wish i could rewind about ohhhhhh..... 9 weeks ago now =)

I'm not so even humpin T5's leg atm... I enjoy the quiet time right now to reflect on some very stupid ventures.

Feel free to hit me in tells anytime i can help with anything bro =)

-Lightblade
<Cats in Hats>

JDFriend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 11:32:22 pm »

Walk2k i seriously need to know who you are in game lol. Maybe u've said it before but everytime i read your posts, you are right on in near every way.

My suspician tells me hes...." F i cant say it lol"

Yeah i was in a smaller guild when i first started but i owe cats to my best friend, he played a shd, started same time i did, but while i was off " doing what i do, exploring loio buring woods etc..." he stayed grinding and soon lept beyond me in levels. He hit 50 their Requirement then, and after a week or so, got me in at 43, telling them im strong and ill do good.

I did alright, but i still logged on alts to avoid raids, id sit in NFP killing guards so the noobs could rack up FS weaps and helmets Smiley

Do you all recall Guntha the necro... was me. Also Hordain the shammy, had a warrior Vindi, some how the name was taken here. but i used to 2-4 box aow back in the day then RC.

Good times man. That server was small, but actually pretty cool. seemed like overall everyone got along...

Anyhow dont tell me who u are ok, but i got tons of respect for alot of you.... but walk2k... you catch my eye everytime and make tons of sense.

-Lightblade
<Cats in Hats>

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020