Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:29:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: T5 stuff and thoughts..  (Read 15907 times)
Pimpn

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2011, 09:57:00 am »

I'm going to wait a few more days before i post what i like/dislike about T5..
I will post this now though.. I HATE the corals and the cloth drops! haha

21/100 done
Razorback.. War Boars
Scales.. Jellyfish
Alkare.. Alkari
Harvester... NTI
Exoking.. Exobeasts
Frost Blood..
Gellatius(sp)..
Blurb.. slarg
Yaggol... Illithocyte
Yellow..
Mind Flayer.. Illithid
Pack Master..
Ice Cube.. Gelatinus Cube
Gray Ooze..
Frogs Legs..
The Recluse..
Moe..
Frost Bite..
Menopterus.. Sea Snakes
Eeny..
Ophistermon..

« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 12:23:16 pm by Pimpn » Logged
balthor3
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 10:30:22 am »

I'll see if i can catch up with you.
Went in there to see how my guys would stand up and it sucked with only my group. Pretty fun tho
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 11:32:54 am »

You can add Blurb from killing Slarg Wink
Pimpn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 11:59:43 pm »

updated list.. 12% done now
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 12:28:07 am »

Here is a list of all trash if you want to complete your post  Cheesy

Slarg
Sea Snake
Eye of the deep
Jellyfish
Dark Jellyfish
Alkari
NT1
Exobeast
Gelatinous Cube
War Boar
Blue coral
Yellow coral
Green coral
Red coral
illthidae
illithid
Illthocyte

Also should be good to try to figure who drop what  Cheesy
Pimpn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 12:29:41 pm »

Thanks Padme

I wish we were on at the same time during the week

Plate has dropped off Mind Flayer, Frost Blood and Yaggol

I think the type of drop might be due to which list it is on..
List 1 plate
List 2 chain
List 3 leather
List 4 cloth
List 5.. not sure
Padme

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 02:25:32 pm »

nice Wink
i m playing on euro time  Cheesy i log usually around 7-8 pm (GMT+1)
Pimpn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 08:52:39 am »

got 3 more bosses last night

Ice Cube dropped a shield and that was it
maybe List 5 drops nonvis items/jewelry
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 09:11:01 am »

Zone stability is a limiting factor when it comes to exploring T5.  Last night with just 21 people the zone went down, of course, any bosses in the zone were lost.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:02:02 pm by Camric » Logged
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 12:42:13 pm »

Well post the stats of this stuff come on. =)

stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 01:20:43 am »

T5 Warrior boots are in armor sets guide

Pimpn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 09:08:41 am »

I think i am done with this zone for a few days.. i do not like spending 2 hours clearing mobs to spawn a boss then the zone crashing when the boss is at around 25%
only 8 toons were in the zone.. my 6, crabthewall and arey

Some more thoughts on T5...

Only thing i like is the difficulty and challenge of discovering new bosses..

On to what i don't like..

1. Corals agro radius seems a lot bigger than 50
Corals hit too hard from a long distance and through walls.. i filter everything so i am not sure how hard they hit but it seems to be around 25k from a distance of 400 or more

2. Mobs agroing through walls.. it’s hard enough to deal with one mob but when 2 more agro through a cave wall its almost instant wipe.. bad pull is understandable but mobs coming out of nowhere isn’t..
4 is the most i can handle with stonewall or epic click up

3. Class balancing didn’t seem to work for the high end.. only way I see being able to do this with a group of 6 is to have 2 Wars and 4 Cleric/Paladins.. all of which need a UC or max oracle for cleric
With a raid you can probably have some different toons or whatever as long as you have that main group..
We all know cleric dps sucks so if you have them it takes forever to kill a mob
Hunter’s estimate of 1 minute for trash and 5 minutes for bosses is a little off.. I haven’t timed it yet but I will post it when I do.. seems like 3ish mins for trash 11ish mins for bosses

4. Risk vs. Reward.. I don’t expect to get full T5 within 3 or 4 weeks but spending hours killing the mobs needed to spawn a boss then it having 1 class specific drop is a little unreasonable..

5. When swimming in the water.. my group members get pushed all over the place.. not really a bad thing unless they agro a coral because of it then die after 5 or 6 shots of coral arrows

6. The gear is around 3k upgrade per slot.. 2k from gear + 1k from extra aug slot.. overall increase of 51k
The only thing is that adding 51k hps doesn’t matter in this zone.. you will still get one rounded for 300k and die
i would rather have gear that helps me survive in the zone better or increase my dps to kill mobs in this zone faster

right now this zone just isn't worth it and i don't see very many other people jumping in and working with me to kill stuff
Destined

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 10:35:05 am »

Yep, that's why I haven't bothered to start playing around in there much yet myself Pimpn. The risk vs reward is laughably low. The time sink is way too long to worry about that kind of a reward for one tier of armor and extra augment slots. The zone concept is great, it would be a lot of fun with no crashes and rewards that were worth spending two hours to clear trash to spawn one boss, only to have to run across the zone to find it, killing two more hours worth of trash. Takes me about 5 minutes to get enough stones to spawn a boss in t3, 10 for t4, t1-t2 is random, but t5 2 hours guaranteed to spawn a boss you NEED to kill? And then get a 3k HP upgrade? Not worth it, especially when the trash doesn't even hardly drop any money unless you're lucky, pet buffs can't be used yet, and there's no instances.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2011, 10:46:01 am »

I'm going to tread here as delicately as I can, since I know Hunter is very proud of this work in T5.  I have to agree with Pimp as well.  restarting my pc everytime the zone crashes which is a freakin lot is such a pain in the ass man.  The risk vs. reward not even close to what everyone expected.

Poop
Storm

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2011, 10:58:39 am »

I agree with most stuff that has been said.

-> Risk vs reward is out of whack.  I don't look forward to the new gear from this zone, like I looked forward to the gear from every tier up to and including T4.

-> Underwater = bad.  On live, every underwater zone was always empty.  Sirens Grotto, Kedge Keep... remember?  Noone bothered with these zones, because they are underwater.  Playing EQ underwater is NOT FUN.  It is a PAIN.  I don't play EQ to feel pain.  But that's just me.

-> HP's on trash could be greatly reduced without altering the zone concept IMO.  It's just boring to kill them repeatedly.

But to be honest - the one major issue is the underwaterness of the zone.  If it wasn't underwater, I would play there every day and probably enjoy it. Smiley

I'm not sure how possible it is to move the content from one zone to another... but if it is.  I'd suggest it to be considered.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65020
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 209