Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 11:15:13 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Aug for RoA or charm slot!  (Read 7075 times)
Zartaxis

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:04:33 pm »

I was thinking that creating an aug that could only go in charm or RoA slot (whichever Hunter wanted) would be pretty useful.  The quest to get this aug would simply be the original 1.0 epic quests.  When you completed the quest instead of getting the 1.0 you would receive an aug upgrade that when combined with your aug made it stronger like charm upgrades.  Each epic quest would only be doable once and that would allow you to get 16 upgrades.

The end aug would not have to be ridiculously strong.  Maybe 8k hp total (500 per epic quest upgrade).

Personally I always found the original epic quests fun and interesting for the most part and I think an aug like this would be a cool way to get people to do them.

I don't believe that too much work would need to be done to implement this idea.

The idea here is to give casual players and single boxers something to do while waiting for enough force to do raid content.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:25:05 pm by Zartaxis » Logged
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 03:15:31 pm »

Wouldn't be very rewarding, but at the same time 0 hp < 8k hp.... and its more of a "something to do" than a real benefit. I think it would be pretty cool to implement

Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:18:51 pm »

Yeah it is something to do for fun that has a small reward.  I get frustrated and tired of farming t2 and doing 1.0s would be relaxing and fun.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 08:40:39 pm »

Learning the other epic 1.0's would be nice.
I know a few but not all and would be old school fun.
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 08:52:22 pm »

a lot of people actually use the aug slot for negative mana augs since you don't want to waste a good slot that could have a +hp or +regen etc on a perfectly good piece of armor.
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 10:12:39 pm »

a lot of people actually use the aug slot for negative mana augs since you don't want to waste a good slot that could have a +hp or +regen etc on a perfectly good piece of armor.

Good point.  It could be used in the RoA then or just add a slot to the charm that only the epic aug can go in to.
xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 07:09:32 am »

and hunter will get many mail because someone have forget to remove aug from the RoA before leveling it up.

That could be very nice, but in this case make this upgrade only possible with RoA level 100 maybe, or just prevent that no aug will be give back if someone forget to remove it before doing new RoA level.
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 08:23:52 am »

and hunter will get many mail because someone have forget to remove aug from the RoA before leveling it up.

That could be very nice, but in this case make this upgrade only possible with RoA level 100 maybe, or just prevent that no aug will be give back if someone forget to remove it before doing new RoA level.

Again this is a logistical problem that can be solved.  I am looking for input on what people think of the idea.  If I see that enough people like the idea of doing the old epic quests for a decent reward then I will make a nice presentation of the idea to hunter.
vile

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 09:49:30 am »

make the aug slot something not commonally used like 12.. and only put it on RoA 100
Stylos

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 09:50:37 am »

Should make each epic reward give a token, collect a token for every class similar to qvic for an augment that only fits in ring slot

Make the augment do some kind of click effect, maybe spirit of scale or something that isn't overpowering but a good utility.
Shy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 10:07:42 am »

Keep in mind that many zones/items from the original epic quests are used in custom content already, such as:

- Quillmane (dropped cloak for Mage 1.0)
- POA (used in multiple epics; Mage 1.0 uses crown from isle 7)

I'm sure there are more...those two just popped into my head right away.

< Bashful Crustaceans >
Tacticulous

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 11:00:52 am »

Keep in mind that many zones/items from the original epic quests are used in custom content already, such as:

- Quillmane (dropped cloak for Mage 1.0)
- POA (used in multiple epics; Mage 1.0 uses crown from isle 7)

I'm sure there are more...those two just popped into my head right away.

Lord Bergurgle is used for the Cleric Epic.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 11:06:55 am »

Yeah. didnt actually think about that myself.
Would make doing some of the epics pretty interesting for such a minimal benefit.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)