Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 05:55:07 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Crabthebeerbaron  (Read 7124 times)
Bikaf

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2011, 07:14:49 pm »

Crab,  you are the EZ beer guru.  Whats on your current drink list?  Need some reccomendations.  Been on a beer budget so its been high life and four loko for a few months.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 07:23:18 pm »

Crab,  you are the EZ beer guru.  Whats on your current drink list?  Need some reccomendations.  Been on a beer budget so its been high life and four loko for a few months.

Well for lunch I was drinking Pliny the Younger on tap, tomorrow funnily enough will be Pliny the Younger again and Churchill's Finest at their anniversary.

But out of the home fridge? I just bought 36 Lost Abbey Red Poppys to drink/age. Been drinking Firestone Walker Double Jack IPA, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot is great and not too pricey, FW Velvet Merkin/Merlin is wife's favorite. Tons of fresh Pliny the Elder, also fresh Alpine IPA's, Terrapin Wake n Bake, lots of Cigar City (Maduro Brown) - had some growlers of Masala Mama shipped in (amazing fresh) and some mini kegs of Hopslam (probably too old now), Ballast Point Sculpin, Port Mongo, Alesmith Speedway Stout and Nautical Nut Brown. Got some ISO:FT to pick up along with Melange from the Bruery Reserve Society. Sour in the Rye another personal favorite.  I could post up a reasonably current office beer inventory list probably if you want to sneak a peek .

Can't forget Surly Furious mmmmm
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:54:46 pm »

If you're on an extremely low budget and wanna get the best bang for your buck, go with 211 Steel Reserve.

Tastes like moose piss, but damned if I don't get well-lit after a 12-pack for 10 dollars.

whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 09:04:08 pm »

Personally i like yuenglings for a cheaper brew(black and tan) but i do like guiness and bass as a black and tan also, For a beer that i can drink consistantly i do enjoy Jefferson's Reserve from BBC i beleive thats the maker.

Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 10:23:04 pm »

If your looking for decent beer to drink all the Ommegang line is pretty good, three philosophers being my favorite from them, anything Stone, especially their smoked porter and sublimely self-righteous, troegs nugget nectar and dogfish red&white if you can manage to find it.
Storm

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 04:53:04 am »

Try Pilsner Urquell, Czech beer with a slight honey aftertaste.  Also my all time favorite is Leffe blonde, a Belgian abbey beer with a thick rich taste, makes you drunk quite fast though =)  Not sure you guys in USA can find these beers, I never saw the fancy ones you guys mentioned here in Europe anyway..

Aname
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 06:33:17 am »

Buy the cheapest beer on the market - used to be Red, White and Blue - and drink it through a beer bong.  Does the trick every time!   Grin
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 10:06:20 am »

If you're on an extremely low budget and wanna get the best bang for your buck, go with 211 Steel Reserve.

Tastes like moose piss, but damned if I don't get well-lit after a 12-pack for 10 dollars.

A whole 12 of Steels only gets you well-lit?  I'd be drunk for two days and would have pissed myself somewhere in-between, haha.  I get the 4 pack tall boys and get nice and sauced after just that. 

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 12:25:27 pm »

If you even go to Philippines, get a liter of Red Horse for like 50 cents. No regulation of alcohol content. So sometimes you get a weak pitcher, other times 1/2 will knock you on your ass.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 04:48:28 pm »

A whole 12 of Steels only gets you well-lit?  I'd be drunk for two days and would have pissed myself somewhere in-between, haha.  I get the 4 pack tall boys and get nice and sauced after just that. 

Yeah I get the 4-pack of tall cans sometimes, but after I drink 'em I'm like "OMG NOW I GOTTA BUY MORE BEER" but if I just get the 12 pack, I can stumble around the house all night...

I say well lit because I'm a sipper... I can drink from like 7pm-5am pretty easily, and did so pretty frequently until recently when I got a DUI. Go figure I'd get one after being almost constantly drunk for 2 years (besides work).

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 246