Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:54:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: SoF  (Read 21059 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2010, 09:55:39 pm »

They are being sent to Arena either because the expansion variable isn't set high enough or the zone is set to a higher min status or something.  If you don't want SoF/SoD chars starting in Crescent Reach or wherever, you can just set the following rule to -1:

Code:
1	World:SoFStartZoneID	394	Sets the Starting Zone for SoF Clients separate from Titanium Clients (-1 is disabled)

If it is set to -1, all clients should start in the same start zone as they would in Titanium.

Also, to enabled Drakkin, you can set your Expansions variable in the variable table to 32767, which will enable everything up through SoD, but not affect anything other than enabling Drakkin really.

All done and rebooted. Thanks so much Trevius!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2010, 09:57:00 pm »

Ok i wasnt sure where to have put this. But i think it needs to be looked in to.

Secrets of Faydwer clients seem to start in Crescent reach. Get ported to arena And need to be put at Surefall Glade. New players may not know how or where to go on SoF without fixing this issue.

Fighter's guild - The Polished Granate Tomahawk cannot be obtained by yourself due to the zone not loading. there should be an alternitive location for this for people want to do it themselfs.

Drakkin - Not sure why they aint Enabled as playable.

I will think of more as i go along..

I might spawn a copy of the named mob for PGT in EK, near Highpass zoneline, maybe this weekend, so people that can't get into highpass can still do FG.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 09:59:18 pm »

LOL, I played EZ before I started my own server Smiley  I don't play here anymore, but I do like to keep up on other server forums.  I also like to keep in touch with the other admins around and help out if I see an issue that I can help with.

Trevius always been cool like that helping other admins. /Salute!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 07:18:02 am »

I vote that we replace the PGT for Fire Beetle Eye!

GIVE A PURPOSE TO THE EYE!!!!!  THE EYE IS AWESOME!

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Murrjok
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 01:42:58 pm »

Friends list, Ignore list, and chat channels dont work, Universal chat isnt enabled.
Murrjok
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2010, 04:36:55 pm »

To add Drakkin race to all items is simple:

Code:
UPDATE items SET races = races | 32768;

Though, if you are going to do that, you might as well make all items usable by all races (and still leave class restrictions in).  It should be as simple as:

Code:
UPDATE items SET races = 65535;

Of course, as with any major change like this, it is always good to make a backup beforehand, just incase something goes wrong Smiley

As for issues with aug slots, I imagine that may be due to some slots being changed when the Power Source slot was added.  Hopefully I can remember to look into that at some point.

This should should be tested sometime so Drakkin dont feel left out.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2010, 05:17:17 pm »

To add Drakkin race to all items is simple:

Code:
UPDATE items SET races = races | 32768;

Though, if you are going to do that, you might as well make all items usable by all races (and still leave class restrictions in).  It should be as simple as:

Code:
UPDATE items SET races = 65535;

Of course, as with any major change like this, it is always good to make a backup beforehand, just incase something goes wrong Smiley

As for issues with aug slots, I imagine that may be due to some slots being changed when the Power Source slot was added.  Hopefully I can remember to look into that at some point.

This should should be tested sometime so Drakkin dont feel left out.

Trev is an Emu Dev, pretty sure it doesn't have to be "tested", it simply is... ;P

Blood of the Akkadian
Murrjok
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2010, 05:22:18 pm »

Well i know this, but the update can cause server errors. I ment on something before throwing it on live EZ to make sure its gonna accept the changes in items.
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2010, 02:43:25 am »

LOL, just cause I am a dev doesn't mean I can't make mistakes! Tongue  Thanks for the vote of confidence though.  It is always best to make backups and/or test a big change like that before making it on a live server.  I didn't test that exact query myself before posting it, it was mostly a copy/paste from an old thread on EQEmu forums.  Though, I did use it or something like it on my own server a while back, and it worked fine.
Melandril

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 11:48:25 am »

This problem still exists for Underfoot client.  So far, I've noticed this problem in
High Pass Hold
Nektulos Forest
Bastion of Thunder

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2011, 12:27:05 pm »

Underfoot client is not fully supported by the emu project though they are working on it. Nec forest doesn't work on all clients for nearly every server. HPH doesn't work for SoF and up. I don't know about BoT. I know it works up to SoD. If it is a problem with UF I would not expect a fix till it is fully supported and even then it may not happen. You will find other limitations with UF on emu currently.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2011, 12:53:32 pm »

BoT works fine on SoD.

HPH does not.

Nek, who cares if there's no newb inkies to grief Smiley

slaughterhaus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2011, 12:55:29 pm »

Bumping 7 month old posts. I like it Tongue

Deadend
Aname
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 01:56:45 pm »

Bumping 7 month old posts. I like it Tongue

Deadend

better than starting a new one and then getting called out for it because he didn't search.   Roll Eyes
Melandril

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 06:04:33 pm »

To the devs/owners of the server:

First, thank you for all of your hard work.  Despite my frustration at not being able to use certain zones, I appreciate everything I can see =)

Second, I posted something similar on Emu on this thread
http://eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32923

One of the developers has a few suggestions, on how to support the UF client from the server code.  He makes it sound like it's a trusted way to support multiple clients.

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061