Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 01:28:51 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: SoF  (Read 18846 times)
Murrjok
SoF
« on: April 19, 2010, 11:12:33 pm »

Ok i wasnt sure where to have put this. But i think it needs to be looked in to.

Secrets of Faydwer clients seem to start in Crescent reach. Get ported to arena And need to be put at Surefall Glade. New players may not know how or where to go on SoF without fixing this issue.

Fighter's guild - The Polished Granate Tomahawk cannot be obtained by yourself due to the zone not loading. there should be an alternitive location for this for people want to do it themselfs.

Drakkin - Not sure why they aint Enabled as playable.

I will think of more as i go along..
sebekl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 11:03:42 am »

As for not starting in surefall.  The first box that pops up when you get in game talks about the "newbie charm" in your inventory.  So there should be no exuse for not knowing how to get there.  As for the FG I have gotten that numerous times with no problems.  There were times when the zone was doing but I just left and tried again later.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 11:21:39 am »

Drakkin - Not sure why they aint Enabled as playable.

Think its just a server thing. No Drakkins that i've seen at all on EZ

Murrjok
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 11:36:38 am »

Confirmed that there is a charm to teleport to Surefall Glade. Still an annoyance to to new SoF players so it isnt really a big deal i suppose.

However on the Fighter's guild. Please go into detail on how you manage to get into Highpass without Titanium? As far from everything everyone has told me as well, thats the ONLY client that can get there to get that gnoll dead. Secrets of Faydwer get " Entering " Unknown Zone " then client crash cuz highpase zone files were not located in the directory.
vile

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 12:30:57 pm »

you have to have titanium in order to go to highpass

there are no drakkins because titanium dosent have the model so they wouldnt be visble would crash titanium clients?
Murrjok
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 02:03:54 pm »

Drakkin just appear as human. SoF doesnt crash Titanium clients.
Costa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 02:35:32 pm »

Fighter's guild - The Polished Granate Tomahawk cannot be obtained by yourself due to the zone not loading. there should be an alternitive location for this for people want to do it themselfs.

Not tested, but...

If you go to the Non-Custom porter in SFG, there's an option for oldhighpass.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 03:28:58 pm »

Drakkin just appear as human. SoF doesnt crash Titanium clients.

So wait... you can make Drakkins? Uhmm... Awesome!

Lzert

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 03:39:54 pm »

Not tested, but...

If you go to the Non-Custom porter in SFG, there's an option for oldhighpass.

I've tried this and it doesn't actually port me.  I had to have someone give me a PGT.

vile

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 04:37:39 pm »

the old highpass zone is not encoded into the sof.exe file so you cannot force the zone to load with the sof n sod clients
every emu server is the same iirc
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 05:39:02 pm »

Here the thing with the Highpass crap, just to get it out of the way.

SoF and SoD DO have the old Highpass zone files. The problem is that the eqgame.exe isn't coded to read them like it is with other revamped zones, it's only coded to read the new one. Revamped zones (aside from a few exceptions like Lavastorm) are actually 2 different zones with individual zone files and zone id numbers. If Hunter were to add the mobs to the new Highpass and provide a line to the teleporter's .pl quest script to port people to the New AND Old Highpass there would be no problem. And since SoF can only access the new Highpass and Titanium can only access the old Highpass this prevents double camping (like it matters, PGT isn't exactly rare tbh like Guk or KD) However short of removing the PGT from the FG quest entirely this is the only solution to this problem. Otherwise you're gonna have to keep buying it.

Tbh though spawning the mobs in the New Highpass isn't hard. Just go into the database and copy down where each mob is in the old zone complete with npcid numbers and then "#npctype spawn #####" the mob in the new zone and spawn create it. 2-3 hour job at best.

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 05:54:40 pm »

Here the thing with the Highpass crap, just to get it out of the way.

SoF and SoD DO have the old Highpass zone files. The problem is that the eqgame.exe isn't coded to read them like it is with other revamped zones, it's only coded to read the new one. Revamped zones (aside from a few exceptions like Lavastorm) are actually 2 different zones with individual zone files and zone id numbers. If Hunter were to add the mobs to the new Highpass and provide a line to the teleporter's .pl quest script to port people to the New AND Old Highpass there would be no problem. And since SoF can only access the new Highpass and Titanium can only access the old Highpass this prevents double camping (like it matters, PGT isn't exactly rare tbh like Guk or KD) However short of removing the PGT from the FG quest entirely this is the only solution to this problem. Otherwise you're gonna have to keep buying it.

Tbh though spawning the mobs in the New Highpass isn't hard. Just go into the database and copy down where each mob is in the old zone complete with npcid numbers and then "#npctype spawn #####" the mob in the new zone and spawn create it. 2-3 hour job at best.

Maybe replace PGT with something that is in both SoF and Titanium still. A zone they share that is.

Also is SoD like SoF with this kind of issue then? Imagine so since it is newer, meaning only "new" Highpass and not old

Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 06:10:51 pm »

They are being sent to Arena either because the expansion variable isn't set high enough or the zone is set to a higher min status or something.  If you don't want SoF/SoD chars starting in Crescent Reach or wherever, you can just set the following rule to -1:

Code:
1	World:SoFStartZoneID	394	Sets the Starting Zone for SoF Clients separate from Titanium Clients (-1 is disabled)

If it is set to -1, all clients should start in the same start zone as they would in Titanium.

Also, to enabled Drakkin, you can set your Expansions variable in the variable table to 32767, which will enable everything up through SoD, but not affect anything other than enabling Drakkin really.
Murrjok
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 06:15:59 pm »

Omg Trev plays here?!? lol
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 07:43:04 pm »

LOL, I played EZ before I started my own server Smiley  I don't play here anymore, but I do like to keep up on other server forums.  I also like to keep in touch with the other admins around and help out if I see an issue that I can help with.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)