Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 09:49:56 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hey Hunter, Thanks for the good times!  (Read 7390 times)
oldepharte

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2011, 09:35:35 am »

I enjoyed your server.

I do not know if the reduction in exp was an unintentional effect of T-5 implementation or a server change due to the recent drama.

/shrug

Doesn't matter.  I just spent an hour in Velks and could not fill in one AA bar.  (Yeah, I know, I am teh suX0rZ!)

I sure hope this one is an unintentional effect.
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 01:00:42 pm »

I sure hope this one is an unintentional effect.

If it was unintentional, I'm sure it would have been announced, and we would have more details about it.  Many people have brought it up both on the forum and in game, to which we have received no clear answer, one way or the other.  So I guess enjoy reduced Exp and get used to grinding harder.
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 01:02:37 pm »

Or buy an account thats already leveled from me!! Also selling platinum.  I'm shameless I know.

Poop
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 01:06:39 pm »

Or buy an account thats already leveled from me!! Also selling platinum.  I'm shameless I know.

That reminds me of the good old NBA Jams game for Sega. I can hear the announcer right now: "He's on fire!" "The nail in the coffin!" Pathetic...
Goth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 02:52:48 pm »

maybe it time to leave Velks ... and mmmmm... i don't know, maybe move on to BoT?
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 04:52:13 pm »

maybe it time to leave Velks ... and mmmmm... i don't know, maybe move on to BoT?

Maybe it's time to mmmmm, I don't know... not stir up cruft?  Wink

bozac

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 05:08:57 pm »

the exp nerf only hurts the newer/causal player. trying to play catchup to my friends is getting too slow.

Bozac
SuFuCru

Utility, War
Bozac, Magician
Bozpal, Pally
Leeme, Ranger
Laquandra, SK
Myleene, Pal
Bozpal, Bozrog, Boznec, Bozmnk
Vincenso

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 07:11:38 pm »

It will also make ROAing slower for those of us still doing it.
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 07:11:54 pm »

No idea why it was implemented at all. Here I am saying "oh, well I can't do T4 by myself without getting some FS augs for my Pallies that were nerfed and stuff... got the mats just need the cash... OH WAIT Hunter changed it so now I need like a buttload more mats... k I'll work on my RoA then... OH WAIT Hunter changed it so now it takes over twice as long..."

Why? I just don't see a real reason behind it... all the changes being made are harming casual/lower-end players.

Is EZ Server trying to emulate the American economy?

trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 07:36:32 pm »

i don't post much but with this i gotta agree....
The recent shift overall makes it too difficult for low end players. This used to be EZ server...

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 07:54:47 pm »

I remember on the old forums, Hunter mentioning how he didn't like how quickly RoA ranks could be acquired. People suggested caps on levels per day for RoA, or a timer you had to wait on to do another "round of RoAing"

This could be an implementation of that thought line, attempting to make RoA a harder item to acquire.

No solid proof to support this, but its just something I remembered.

Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 09:51:50 pm »

It wasn't slow  at all. It was just another abrupt "oh here you go" without any mention whatsoever.

I'm just looking for SOME sort of warning before A) my paladins get destroyed and B) my experience takes a plunge. There's been quite a few changes recently, but those two are definitely impacting my playing habits and overall experience. Next thing you know, aug upgrades will only drop in the pub version of all LDoNs. Why? No reason, it just needed a "change."

Now that DPS classes can actually do DPS, what's wrong with giving the pallies back theirs since so many people put hard time and effort into them? Healing was over the top, yes, but DPS too? Now it takes 3-4 pallies to match 2 in healing, and about 10-15 to match 1 in dps (without UC).

GAH sorry this isn't the pally complaint thread. I digress.

Again, it's not fair to the newer/casual players to nerf exp. so much because I'm the kinda guy that likes to RoA back to lvl 1, run through like normal (as if I was a brand new player to the server), and then when I hit 47 I log on the warrior to top him off. I don't use or even own a shaman or a druid (though I could, I just don't want to). I don't want the end-game players' habits to affect Hunter's decisions for the rest of us.

Just because end-game players can RoA from 0-100 in less than a week doesn't mean that we ALL can. We don't have the same resources. Now that T5 is out and it's pretty much required to own a few RoAs, you're blocking even more players from having access to the new content, or at least ensuring it takes them 2-3 times as long to get there.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:31:17 pm by Mechules » Logged

Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 09:54:46 am »

Dunno if it changed, cant play atm. But if you look at UI_[Toon name} files or try to copy your layout, you can see it advertises as 4x exp. Hope it isn't to bad I'm not through with RoA !
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)