Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:24:07 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: SK named Falling  (Read 14972 times)
Hurley

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:09:59 pm »

So im close to getting my 3.5 on my cleric so i started another epic for the shield once i finish it. I get all my potime pages, then head to South Karana to see if quillmane is up. He is alive with one other person in the zone, who is no where near the camp, not moving, and incapable of killing the mob due to not even having 1.5 yet. So i kill the mob, he comes with his alts, bitches at me and when i try to loot the book on my cleric, he ninja loots it claiming i stole the mob. I do not have a fraps video so i realize there isnt much more than a screen shot of it, which i will post. Just make sure if hes around, dont unman a corpse.

Edit: The character who was "camping" the mob IE, halfway across the zone, was name Sinaris. You go ahead and Magelo him and tell me if he could have taken Quill.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 11:26:05 pm by Hurley » Logged
Aname
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 11:37:22 pm »

Why didn't you loot it before the loot timer ran out?  o.O
Hurley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 11:40:30 pm »

Had forgotten to invite cleric to my group Sad
Cafi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 09:55:35 am »

Loot the body with another character so you lock the corpse till the timer releases it for the cleric.

There are a lot of very nice people on this server. And there are a lot of tools on this server. You will have to weed out who is who sadly.
Aname
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:57:41 am »

Loot the body with another character so you lock the corpse till the timer releases it for the cleric.

There are a lot of very nice people on this server. And there are a lot of tools on this server. You will have to weed out who is who sadly.

you will always lose the loot when switching toons.  =(
only other thing you could have done was loot it on whoever you had it locked up with and delete it.
Cafi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 10:05:00 am »

Naw, you wont lose the loot. Just lock the body, dont loot the book. The rot timer is usually 30 minutes or so and most people will get bored and leave instead of sitting there. As long as you have someone sitting on the mob no one else can loot it so it saves you from ninja looters. We had to do this all the time on Sullon. You may have to wait them out for a bit but I dont know many people that will sit there for that long trying to ninja something. And you can tell them your frapsings it (even if its a lie they dont know), and they will leave.
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:30:49 am »

I'd recommend making a macro as well that will loot for you.

Name it Loot or GTFO my loot then on each line type
/loot
/loot
/loot
/loot

And spam it with your toon that was not in group. Only problem is the ninja is probably spamming it as well but at least you have the benefit of knowing with to release the corpse with your other toon.

Hope this helps. Sorry you have to deal with a tool so early on.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:46:56 pm by Otaduke » Logged
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 12:01:58 pm »

Bring a druid there and MGB ring of lavastorm.  Lol j/k  Grin

So im close to getting my 3.5 on my cleric so i started another epic for the shield once i finish it. I get all my potime pages, then head to South Karana to see if quillmane is up. He is alive with one other person in the zone, who is no where near the camp, not moving, and incapable of killing the mob due to not even having 1.5 yet. So i kill the mob, he comes with his alts, bitches at me and when i try to loot the book on my cleric, he ninja loots it claiming i stole the mob. I do not have a fraps video so i realize there isnt much more than a screen shot of it, which i will post. Just make sure if hes around, dont unman a corpse.

Edit: The character who was "camping" the mob IE, halfway across the zone, was name Sinaris. You go ahead and Magelo him and tell me if he could have taken Quill.
Read the fucking rules.  You have 5 minutes to engage a boss.  Maybe he was waiting for his friends/boxes etc to arrive??  If you zone into Sro and see another player there you can assume he's there for Terror... what else?  If he's AFK that's another story, send him a tell and wait at least 5 minutes.  Personally if I zone into Sro and see another player in zone and/or Terror isn't up, I turn around and deposit 10k in the waypoint...

You KS'ed this guy and you're lucky HE didn't fraps it..

Cafi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 12:19:11 pm »

I might suggest that you read the "fucking" rules:

NO KILL STEALING
Place nice here, and don't kill steal. You can hold a camp if you are not afk. When a mob spawns, you need to engage it, or else you will be considered afk and forfeit the camp. You can not have 1 toon hold the camp while waiting for your group to arrive. If your not ready to engage when the mob spawns, then your not camping it, and forfeit the rights to the camp if another party wants it. If a guild is actively buffing up when a boss spawns, then please give them about 5 minutes to engage, or else they lose the rights to the boss. If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss. You can't hold 2 or more camps at the same time, so if a group/guild is fighting a boss, then another group/guild is welcome to 'leap frog' and claim the next boss.
Mechules

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 12:37:08 pm »

Also, Hurley explicitly stated that the guy was nowhere near the boss, and only brought in his alts AFTER the kill.

If Hurley ARRIVED at the boss with nobody there to claim the camp, then that's no contest. The other guy was probably zoning in his other toons, but that is still no contest when you look at the rules that Hunter set.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 12:48:47 pm »

So you think he was in Sro for what... sightseeing?  Point is the whole thing could be avoided with common fucking courtesy.

/who... 2 players in zone
"hey you doin Terror"
"yea just waiting for some friends"
 "ok GL"
*create guild instance*

See how easy that is?  Tongue Instead of coming on here dragging someone's name thru the mud over a stupid 1.5 mob.

Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 12:55:19 pm »

Hurley you may want to get Camstudio instead of Fraps..

http://camstudio.org/

It works well and you will need it if you want to get proof going forward.

Not much can be done over this issue any way and you more than likely already have the book you need by now.

We have lots of great players on EZ, welcome to the sand box and have fun but be prepared to police or be the victim.
Cafi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 01:45:23 pm »

Point being Walk2k is that Hurley was in the right, and the guy KSed him. Frankly him coming and posting about it is more kin to a public service then dragging some guys name through the mud. At least now the community will have a heads up if dealing with this individual. You actually owe Hurley and apology for jumping down his throat.

In MY personal experience I have been in Sro and southk plenty of times when there was people running around and not at the spawn points. Ive seen people goofing off doing who knows what killing spiders and giants and generally just messing around, or maybe even sight seeing. What I havent seen in my experience is someone that actually was actively waiting to kill terror or quill NOT standing right on top of the spawn point with a group ready to go because its so contested. Common courtesy as you put it, where as for us adults is the proper thing to do and is SOMETIMES followed, is no where close to the norm for this server. If anything its severely lacking.

And on a side note, Im actually one of those people out "sightseeing". Yea it may just be me running around, but I spent way to many years playing EQ and a mind numbing amount of /days played/hours etc in game, to the extent i would be more ashamed to admit the total than anything. So for me personally running around to old zones is very nostalgic and enjoyable. (even sro, god knows we all blew a portion of our lives farming those !&$!* Jboots). To this day, as lame and strange as it may sound, ill go sit in Neriak or Nektulos for awhile and just look around. It has a sense of "coming home" that is hard to explain, but I spent so much time there it gives me that feeling. Periodically Ill click my guide boots and just run through the zones to see all the old spots we spent year after year in and remembering the old battles. (I played on vz/sz so I have great memories of huge pvp confrontations). EZ is a very mild fix for a very old addiction.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:24:05 pm by Cafi » Logged
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 02:24:47 pm »

Plus i hear SRo is good for the sinuses it being a dryer climate and all.

TankAndSpankMe

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 04:06:55 pm »

Maybe he didn't know where the spawn point was and he was running around looking? Either way he shouldn't have ninja'd the book after you killed it.

I dunno anything, I'm just a gnome.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061