Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 06:50:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: All in favor for old exp  (Read 29954 times)
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 11:04:20 pm »

Hunter I understand your position.  I also appreciate you providing a free server for the general public and all the cruft that endeavor entails.  I respect your right to set whatever rules that please you for your sandbox.

That being said, I think you should have hobbled players who have filled their AA and are working RoA and left things as they were for the rest of us.  I understand you have not advertised fast exp for a long time, but the server logon screen sure does (did).  It was a primary reason for me coming here originally.

I started playing more actively here when my son began and asked me to join with his toon.  I built a shaman up to 3.0 and started gearing him then realized just how serious you are about shared accounts.  As my son's toon is on my original login server account (Created so my two sons and I could play together.) I opened a new LS account and gave him the old one.

I had just started my new guy when your change hit.  I do appreciate a challenge in a game.  In EQ I get that with my level 65 shaman on live and my baby druid on P99.  Here on EZ I was kinda looking for laid back, work a couple months and be able to party up with my son.  You know... like the name says... EZ.  Wink

I'll certainly continue to play here off and on because my son does.  For the EZ part, I think I need to look elsewhere.  Sad

I do hope the changes bring about the server you are seeking.  Thank you again for the play time.  Smiley
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 11:25:32 pm »

EZ never stood for Easy...
It stands for Extended Zones
EZ Server - The Extended Zones Server is a customized version of the original Everquest content. This server is unique in the custom content which allows players to build extremely strong characters to explore original content, while offering a high level of challenge in the custom end-game content. Many players 'box' (play multiple characters at once) on this server to deal with the raid level content, though there are guilds established for those who choose to play one character at a time.
- taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EQEmu

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 11:38:18 pm »

That's funny, cause I found that same exert like 2 days ago by accident. I never knew what EZ stood for, just that it wasn't Easy. When i found that, I felt like I was finally in the know haha

Glennsi

I love my life.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 01:56:01 am »

*raises hand* in favor of old exp.
Spuds

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2011, 02:45:35 am »

All my toons are leveled to 70 with MAX AA so not too worried about exp. This  *Nerf* took everyone by surprise and has people up in arms, because there was no pre-emptive warning too it. This is a fun server to play on and the exp is one of the KEY ingredients that made it that way(it is still fun). If folks wanted to Grind they would go to any old Server. Honestly I did not know that EZ stood for Extended Zones, i was attracted to the EZ in regards to it being easier exp wise then the Live Server Grind.

I am not leaving or up in arms over this but maybe a hey you have 2 weeks to finish ROA get those AA and then EZ server will be reducing exp would have been nice.

*Raises hand for old exp btw*
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 03:10:45 am »

I've slowly reduced exp by 0.1x every so often over a long period of time actually.  Finally did a bigger decrease from 2.5x exp which nobody yet realized to 1.1x exp which finally got noticed I guess. We have no death penalty (corpse recovery or exp loss) so it's not really bad. The better custom gear and spells and augs make up for it anyways.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 04:03:41 am »

I've slowly reduced exp by 0.1x every so often over a long period of time actually.  Finally did a bigger decrease from 2.5x exp which nobody yet realized to 1.1x exp which finally got noticed I guess. We have no death penalty (corpse recovery or exp loss) so it's not really bad. The better custom gear and spells and augs make up for it anyways.

Comment: The only time xp is relevant is from lvl 1-70. The most overpowering gear you can find in the game (including spells and augs) are only usable at lvl 70. Otherwise it's either crafted armor (lol, like anyone has that, it's too expensive even for the rich buggers to get something better than Dulak armour), or Dulak dropped gear (which really isn't *that* overpowering).

I don't get then that that is a valid train of thought, saying that those make up for the reduced xp. Of course there are high hp buffs that can be cast on lower levels, and regen, etc, but those have been around for a long time already. Coming from 4x xp, I think if you want it really lower, stop at 2x xp, but 1.1xp is almost p99 level

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Aname
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 05:18:08 am »

I don't know why you guys continue to complain.  Hunter has made it clear in several posts that he doesn't care what you think.  This is his server, his hobby and he is going to do whatever he wants.  While I agree with him, I still think it stinks that he doesn't care about the general population.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 05:28:04 am »

I do it cause I care Smiley

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 05:46:25 am »

EZ never stood for Easy...
It stands for Extended Zones
I always thought it stood for Enhanced Zone Server. /shrug

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 08:02:44 am »

1.1x exp rate just means you gotta make bigger trains to compensate... I mean what?

gogollack

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 09:31:59 am »

I can also say that the increased exp above normal levels was one of the biggest things that attracted me to this server. I would not have joined if the exp rate was like live or even anywhere close to it. Just throwing my opinion into the ring.
Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 09:36:17 am »

how about a potion purchasable from a vendor for 100k that gives 2x the amount of exp for an hour Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 09:58:14 am »

how about a potion purchasable from a vendor for 100k that gives 2x the amount of exp for an hour Smiley

I know in live there was an anniversary event with this potion ad a reward. So the item is already in the DB, would just require Hunter to A.) Wanna make it available to begin with, and B.) Put it in the noobie vendor (most logical sense) or potion vendor.

Idk if i'd pay for the potion though. I haven't seen a huge diff in my exp gains to be completely honest. But I don't hawk eye my exp bar either.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2011, 10:36:29 am »

There's also a veteran AA that increases exp 2x for half an hour every 20 hours, but it is missing on here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65014
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)