Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 04:21:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: All in favor for old exp  (Read 31604 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2011, 02:43:28 pm »

Creating all new dps team, and doing over all the things i thought i would never have to again such as spending countless hours in ldon searching for charms and dragging my new players around for pages. But at the end of that game session i know i had fun, that all i did was enjoyable. I woulden't do it if it wasen't fun.

So true. I just started a new SK, Rogue, Wizard, Beast, Chanter, Necro, and Zerker. I have burned through 3 instances of Qvic and not got everything I need yet. Still going for Silk Legs ugh...

I know its frustrating, however I like the challenge of RNG and sense of accomplishment after I'm done in Qvic. "I just fully geared, tokened, gemmed out 7 toons!" I can think to myself, and feel pretty awesome about it. In the process I spent 30k, and got a return of over 500k in gems I sold. Got a million AAs it seems, and lots of SS for my wiki (yeah I'm still working on it, very very slowly now though).

Im dreading the FG and CG kits I need. I still have a Shaman, Monk, and Druid I never got kits for that are already t2 geared... LGuk here I come for the rest of my life!

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2011, 02:46:54 pm »

RoA is now fixed with the exp "fix" and new players can now get full suits of gear before out leveling their zone which will help them to survive the next zone.

Look at P99, I swear their exp was like 0.1x back when I checked them out when they started, and they are the highest population server ever.

I'm sure there are servers out there that will give ya instance level 70, or some crazy 4x or more exp with summon gear, #zone teleport, etc. Challenge is a good thing, else there is no more reason to play.

Enjoy!

That is an awesome comment Hunter. I still see people here spending time in dulak and Potimea to get full gear. I think alot of us, myself included, forget how hard it was when you didn't have 10+ toons avail to massacre stuff. For alot of people it is hard to jump from time gear to handling qvic alone, Qvic owned me the first time i tried to 2box it. That is just an awesome, put everything into perspective, comment!!

Right on!

sowilorune

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2011, 02:57:42 pm »

Reed,

Regarding your previous post addressed to me:

Please consider the average level of difficulty that the server should be based around.  Most players do not have the time or system specs to box 6+ toons in various squads.  I'm sure a large number of players simply play for fun. 

I played EQ live through Kunark, so please dispense with the "lulz, did you play real EQ?" argument.  I enjoy playing EZ precisely because it doesn't have the same dreadfully painful pacing that EQlive has.

And I stand by the statement that RoA should not be gawked at as some mystical artifact that confers automatic respect.  Again, it's a ring-clickie that was once relatively simply to get with a set of PLing toons. 

Before you dismiss my post as newbie whining, I would suggest making one or two level 1 toons, stripping them of all equipment, plat, and gear.  Take those toons (without any help from other boxes) and pretend that you know no one on the server.  Rely solely on charity and luck.

Also, pretend that you know no plat farming or leveling tricks.  Just go off forum posts and in-game NPC help. 

Now, grind your way up to 70 in any "solo" manner (again, no PLing or boxing).  Do not ask any of your friends, or people you know to help in any way (or use a boxed character) -- pretend you know no one and nothing about the server.

Then, once you do this, consider whether the content of my post had any merit.

Playing on EZ should not force new players to walk the lines between constant begging for help or boxing ridiculous amounts of characters (contrary to myth - most people box 2-3 toons that I've seen). 

The EXP change does nothing more than increase an observable gap between two different classes of players.  Hunter does a great job running this server for us, but this is one change that he should strongly consider revising.
Slapit255

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2011, 12:43:17 am »

Personal opinion? Being one of these new players trying to level characters in this without boxing a whole group? This doesn't make me group. This just means I spend MORE time leveling by myself, because the REAL group content is in the end.

I came here with friends, and met friends. I can honestly tell you I met all the friends I group with now, I met AFTER the grind to 70.  I just don't think these methods will encourage people to group with each other if that is in fact your ultimate goal here. I feel that you are just adding more solo content by doing this, and putting a larger gap between new players, and the fun content from 70+.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)