Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 11:27:50 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Qvic / Tacvi Rot NPC  (Read 23422 times)
Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 08:24:58 am »

Amen to the pants issue!  I have three toons with no pants.  I can handle qvic no problem, and so the challenge now is showing the patience to wait for three pairs of pants to drop. 
Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 12:44:04 pm »

Everyone before you has had to grind it out in qvic, tac and t2,3 and 4. why should it be any easier for you. Yes there where times i thought that the item i needed was removed from the DB, but guess what, I kept at it and it dropped. Suck it up and keep at it. Hunter has stated a thousand times. If it was easy then we we would get bored and quit
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 03:49:55 pm »

Seriously Ken, dont come in here using logic and making sense.. Being right is over-rated....
/sadface
Now if you'll excuse me... im going back to qvic....again.

But i still say its a more viable action than a rot bot.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 05:15:53 am »

Hi,

Yesterday evening I tried to hit QVIC for the first time with my box-group : WAR, PAL, CLR, BST, MAGE.  I've managed to kill the first two mobs at the bridge (one by one), but when the other 3 mobs attack togehter, I cannot hold it for a long time and are kicked back to Nexus.

Can anyone give me some hints/tips how to handle Qvic ?  For your info, all my toons have now their epic 2.5.  Perhaps problem with my AA, which are not maxed yet, or are their other things I have to get first ?  What I do for now, is using my Magepet, BSTpet, BST, WAR and PAL to attack and CLR for healing and MAG for nuking.

Kind regards,
Alrazor
Pyronost

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 05:45:58 am »

Derail much?

Suggestion-wise, Im not progressed past tac just yet, and so far im in agreeance with the others. I dont like the monsters ooglin mah goodies while I walk around with no pants Cry

Rayge Face - 73 Warrior
Surprize Face - 73 Pal
Stowic Face - 73 Cleric
Kokaine Face - 72 Berzerker
Tranquill Face - 73 Monk
Rumblepack - 73 Bard
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 03:25:57 am »

Hmm, can't do much with this answer  Undecided

Anyone else ?  Would appreciate  Grin

Alrazor
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 06:20:20 am »

He's right, this is not really on topic...

I'd say that if you can't kill a pull of 3 you should try some old school techniques for crowd control.  Use a monk, sk, or bard to split them, or an enchanter to mez one or two while you kill the other...

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 06:54:49 am »

Try spliting your tank classes. Have your warrior hold 2 and you pally tank one.. This will keep some damage off your warrior. also make sure your cleric is casting word of Viv and your cleric and pallys have focus of healing on.

alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 08:23:21 am »

Hi Thebone,

OK, thanks for the info, I will try so, but I'm afraid that my tanks will be killed very quickly.  I thinks to spend some more time in Ldon to max my AA's and loot some charms.  After that, I will try Qvic again  Grin

Bye,
Alrazor
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 09:11:11 am »

I found that having two Pallys helps Al.. I run through Qvic/Tacvi with a War/Pal/Pal/Rog/Mag/Brd set up and while sometimes my War bites it if I pull to many, the burst heals from the Pals really helps. I appreciate the fact that you are working on a Cleric now, I know I will have to tackle that in the future, but right now having two pals really helps for the gear through and Ldon runs for charms, etc..

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 10:19:13 am »

Hi Bladethorn,

Thanks for your reply.
An extra pally could make a difference of course, but than I have to box 6 toons, need a lot of exercise  Grin

Another question : before you hitted Qvic with your group, was every single toon AA maxed with an appropriate charm lvl.25, or not ? 

Kind regards,
Alrazor
Kreemo

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 10:54:13 am »

You would find this alot easier if you get someone to run your pally thru the 3.0.

If you are trying to do this with no help then I respect that but I think most people get help.

If u see me online I'll help but im not on all that much right now

Kreemo / krusha

Kreemo - monk
Krusha - warrior
Grimshaw - pally
Vern - cleric
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 01:32:58 pm »

What Kreemo said..

I got some help with my War & main Pal on their 3.0. Then I just started to plug away getting the rest of the group into a 3.0. It helps a lot

I only have ROA 5 on my War, with Guardian charm at 5 or so.. Pal has low oracle. One of the things that really helps me I think is having my Rog with 2x3.0 and Brawler charm around.. that dps is really helpful. Stick to it and you will overcome Qvic for sure.. If you see Guardian charms popping up, grab them if you can.

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 02:05:29 pm »

It sounds like your pet classes (mage and beast) don't have pet affinity. I was able to 3 box Qvic with Pal (2.0), Monk, Beast once I got my beast pet affinity AA. Alternatively, give your beast 2x PAL epics (converted to 1hs) once inside the zone.

You shouldn't have a problem at all once that is setup. Outside those considerations - you may just be the most unlucky group I know of.
alrazor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 02:09:55 pm »

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the good tips.  I will have a look in it.
Kusho thanks for offer me help getting my 3.0 !   If I find some time to do it, I will not hesitate to call you.

Bye,
Alrazor.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081