Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 10:28:31 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Priest classes + double attack?  (Read 6232 times)
Curry

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2011, 06:53:52 am »

Topic subject rly. CLR/SHM/DRU being "priest classes" for those who started EQ yesterday. =p

Could get it only if you join FG or something!

(PS. Weapon Affinity AA would be legit too! ;o)

----merged 2 posts since the reply inbetween is gone-----

Figured since the classes are included in icestrike users, and the melee dmg is miniscule as is. Unless there's something I don't know about T5, no one rly plays them dru/shm anyway for other than buff purposes.

Aaaaaand there's a bit of a diff I'd say in a clr getting an extra swing for that glorious 300dmg and a zerker running with a necro pet, but I totally utterly get yar point all right yeah.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 10:40:47 am by Curry » Logged
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 09:28:01 am »

I haven't gotten to abyss yet, thou i am doing hoh/t4 so i can only speak of what I've seen so far.
I gathered that clerics were only allowed to use the aug because relatively speaking, most people 5 or 6 box max.

-Now i did say "most" and please i dont want or need a post here flexing your computers e-peen "i cans has 10 boxes open and still crunch math for cern"  I build computers for a living,I'm totally not impressed. And no one cares.-

The couple thousand proc was given to compensate for the fact that these mobs have literally millions of hitpoints, and your 300k plus tank will still be getting one shot deaths at times. t5 is on the edge of insanity in the way of timesink of numerous mobs you must kill to spawn bosses and the hitpoints they have.

so long story short- I'm sure that if there was a way to keep people from using damage augs before t3 im sure it would have been implemented by now, so enjoy that it isnt, and dont ask for more. Because that is what always leads to class nerfs.~until the next tier release if any~

No matter what you give people, they just want bigger guns.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 01:03:42 pm »

well, the druid T4 pet has a proc for 5000 dmg and hits pretty hard (2-3x 1500 per round)

shaman buff Kraken proc is sweet and adds to any melee class (and pets!)

clerics, well you should be spamming word of viv. not swinging a weapon...

if you want a cleric that swings a weapon, make a pally Smiley

trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 02:12:10 pm »

Yeah sorry about that curry,
It was a pre-coffee post-coffee situation where i answered, finished my coffee, and decided to write something a bit more detailed and specific.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Slyminx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 02:16:23 pm »

clerics, well you should be spamming word of viv. not swinging a weapon...

Post 3.5, you can swing the weapon while Words of Viv is still on recast cd Wink And add some healing that way.

Have you seen my bear Tibbers?
Curry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 02:42:19 pm »

Well I kinda remember the icestrike/FS dmg on the earlier ranks was adjusted to make some sense for the pre-T3 people, so the ranks 1-3 aren't just stepping stones making the way to the final ranks (same with ninjastrikes), so I fail to see the purpose of the augs being solely for the mountains of HP that await in airplane and beyond.

Point moreso is just that the icestrikes had various odd classes added to the list of classes that can use them, but there's hardly any point in throwing it to any of them (granted, I recall Hunter saying this was just done for the luls or something, will try to look up the news post later), since you're better off tossing em on monk/rng/rog/BL/youchooseit and sorc41ing those than wasting time on getting em on a toon that wields only a primary wep and does a single swing per round with nothing more than a flux staff as a proc dmg mod (and no one's going to be UCing their druids, hush now before you even think of posting that!).

Granted, there's probably a rather narrow line to walk on that'd again completely make classX or classY absurdly OP and repeat paladin-class-problem of yesteryear, so... meh. Guess I just get sorta peeved looking at the alts epics that have no other augs than mossy stones on em. =p
trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 03:07:38 pm »

Well I kinda remember the icestrike/FS dmg on the earlier ranks was adjusted to make some sense for the pre-T3 people, so the ranks 1-3 aren't just stepping stones making the way to the final ranks (same with ninjastrikes), so I fail to see the purpose of the augs being solely for the mountains of HP that await in airplane and beyond.

The best answer i have to this is-
You need no such firepower pre-t3, its just overkill at that point and takes any challenge that did exist out of the equation. Each tier not only unlocks armor for you, but each one in fact teaches you how to handle the mobs of the next tier. If your fighting kronos with ninja 5's and strikes on your alts, you wont have any idea how to handle adds properly in t3 for example.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats