Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:03:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: tanking stats  (Read 3649 times)
manshoon234

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2011, 07:24:47 pm »

can someone explain shielding and avoidance to me? I never seen it explained anywhere. ive been playing a rogue for a long time and want to make a tanking class and i see those stats a lot.. also, what else should know about that will help me mitigate damage?
manshoon234

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 09:44:46 pm »

no one?
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 10:18:51 pm »

Maybe you might wait longer than 2 hours, so that people have a chance to reply.

Avoidance helps you to to miss being hit altogether.
Shielding takes a percentage off of the BASE DAMAGE that mobs do, not the total damage.

You'll want both. I'm not sure what the caps are for EZ, but on live they were 35 (shielding) and 100 (avoidance) I think. It also may have changed from when I last played.
Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 11:51:23 pm »

On EZ, getting to level 70 doesn't take long and maxing AA's doesn't either.  So if you are running a melee character, you will be getting all the possible avoidance and mitigation that is possible.  Toons here get about as strong as is possible, and one toon can solo the areas from the original game that it took over 30 toons to handle.  So, just level your character, get AA's and upgrades on weapons and soon you will be a killing machine.  A level 70 sk or palading with 3.0 weapons can handle most level appropriate content and a warrior with two 4.0 swords can solo in Qvic with the right armor and charms.  I don't know if that answers your questions but a lot of the guess work it taken out by just leveling and getting AA's and the best gear that you can.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 302