Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 10:30:51 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hit a wall in progression, tips/advice?  (Read 6715 times)
Kargok

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2011, 03:25:47 pm »

I started here a while ago boxing a cleric/warrior hoping to get as much progression done as possible.  However, I quickly found that once I got to the epic 1.5+ level, I simply didn't have the damage to keep up with the boss regen, so I couldn't go any further.

I quit for a while and recently decided to come back with a mage added to the boxing for extra damage.  I hit LDoN and was able to take down some of the bosses that I couldn't finish before, but once I got into level 3 and deeper it was turning into an issue where I couldn't switch between characters fast enough to manage the mobs, and then once one character died I basically had to start from scratch at the first LDoN level.

So 2 questions basically:
1- Is there something else I can do to progress with this?  I'm at a point where I need better weapons take out the bosses I need to move on, but I need to kill those bosses to get the better weapons, I don't know what options I have.  My natural instinct is to try to find groups, but groups just never seem to happen on this server from what I've seen.

2- Does anyone have any tips for boxing?  I was doing sloppy at best with just the warrior/cleric, and as soon as I threw the mage into the mix it became almost unmanageable just moving around, and tough fights usually end up with me dead and being back at square 1.
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 05:14:27 pm »

You could try grinding some gems for plat to buy 2.0 runs etc. Or simply look for a guild that logs on during your play time, probably want to try find a guild with members working on the same content as you.

Remember you are allowed to use mq2 for map and /stick. Trying to box without /stick is simply an exercise in frustration.
Setup an assist macro on all your boxes and put it on the same key on each bar. That way you can flip through your boxes and hit 0 (if you put assist there) and they will all assist your main.

Kargok

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 05:34:01 pm »

Apparently I'm a huge noob, what are mq2 and /stick?
Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 05:51:07 pm »

You could also level some other toons.  Even if all you did was level a druid or shaman, then you could start roa which would give your tank help.  LDON on level 6 is tough.  I will do 1.5 for someone because pot is easy and quick.  Ldon, takes too much time.  If your computer can handle more toons, you will proceed much faster.  MQ2 is a program used to box your toons.  It lowers the demand on your computer and helps you switch from one toon to another, and it has the stick command which keeps toons together, which is a big deal in LDON.  Good luck!
Kargok

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 06:25:36 pm »

You could also level some other toons.  Even if all you did was level a druid or shaman, then you could start roa which would give your tank help.  LDON on level 6 is tough.  I will do 1.5 for someone because pot is easy and quick.  Ldon, takes too much time.  If your computer can handle more toons, you will proceed much faster.  MQ2 is a program used to box your toons.  It lowers the demand on your computer and helps you switch from one toon to another, and it has the stick command which keeps toons together, which is a big deal in LDON.  Good luck!

Thanks for the advice!  Will definitely download that!

I heard that druids/shaman are great for doing RoA, but then isn't that based on the buffs from their epic 3.0s?  If I was capable of getting epic 3.0 that easily I wouldn't be in this mess =)
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 10:27:48 pm »

Give me a holler in game.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
vamok

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 01:19:54 am »

Hey Skeezy, just wanted to say, love the name. I see you in game all the time and your name always provokes a chuckle.

Dirtey Pickelhead - odorous troll (apparently of like mind as to troll naming)
zeebos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 08:37:23 am »

Kargok,
I spend a lot of time helping newcomers to this server. I would be happy to help you obtain your first 3.0. Once you have that life gets a little easier on EZ. I am usually on my Warrior (Gweedo). Add me as a friend and look me up when you are online. Usually on around 8:30pm central time.

Zeebos
Gweedo
Prevacid
Zantac
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis