Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 06:14:05 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: What the?  (Read 17957 times)
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2010, 12:20:53 pm »

What do you use?  The regular UI in game or some other program?

I see now that it was mentioned that SoD has its own seperate UI that doesn't accept the Titanium UI files, but can transfer over to all your characters.

What is the HOTT UI Piece link and what does it do?

In your opinion, what are the best things to use when playing?

Any special in-game macros that you like or find very useful?

What view do you play in?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:37:12 pm »

What do you use?  The regular UI in game or some other program?

I see now that it was mentioned that SoD has its own seperate UI that doesn't accept the Titanium UI files, but can transfer over to all your characters.

I use default, will post a pic of how i have mine set up

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 09:02:35 pm »

I use default. Usually make 4 chat windows in game for chat, my combat, all other combat, and misc. Even though I could just get away with 3 windows since i never look at all other combat unless I notice some big damage or misc, I usually minimize the misc window too, I also put almost everyone of my windows on 50% fade so I can see a little easier.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 10:08:49 pm »

Ok, so i apologize...
I forgot (as im here on my laptop) that my desktop PC is down until i get the last 2 barbs for my watercool radiator, so i can fill with coolant and stuff. stuck with laptop (which has no screenshots) til then.

robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 10:57:23 am »

No problem Reed....

Can't wait to see what you have.

Rob Smiley
Number XIII: Roxas

Number XIII Roxas. The Keyblade's Chosen One

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 12:09:39 pm »

I use the regular UI. its so much easier to use. You have every thing you need, and you can change the color of it to. I make 4 Chat windows and filter out all my chat to go into thos windows. Every thing people say i leave in one window, my spells and the next, my being hit and all that in the next one, and the last is my tells so i never miss what some one says to me.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 12:25:32 pm »

What do you use?  The regular UI in game or some other program?

1. I use regular UI. Main reason is since I 3 box, I need smaller resolution to fit 3 screen on my dial monitor and to minimize cpu impact (all 3 are at 1152*864)

2. SoD UI is almost the same as Titanium except it got some other windows you can use (not enabled on EZ anyways)  Like the group window is a little bigger... buffs is better IMO.. with the time remaining showing etc, also runs smoother (you also get 1k hp more  Grin)

3. HOTT is "Health of Target's Target".  So basically your target window got 2 lines... one with your target HP and the other with your target's target HP... easy to switch from attacking to healing etc...

4. Use Common sense and when the tank says run... you run. (dont train though  Grin)

5. I use homemade macros done by EQ only... i can loop etc etc... you can do alot just with EQ without cheating. I mainly use an assist macro with pet attack for my mage and auto-follow macros etc... I could set up a looping healing macro too.

6. My MT (warrior) plays in "3rd person like" view so I can see all around.  Rest (cleric and mage are in standard view)

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 09:02:06 am »

I basically decided that making my own would best serve my purposes, but I'd like to add somethings that i see in others.  Also, there are SO MANY to look at online it is overwhelming.

One thing...Does anyone know how do you get the spell names next to your buffs like i see on so many UIs?

Rob Smiley
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 10:14:37 am »

One thing...Does anyone know how do you get the spell names next to your buffs like i see on so many UIs?

if im not mistaken SoD as it by default.. its a setting in the options.  I turned it off i believe.. cant remember though lol

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 05:04:42 pm »

I promised a SS of my UI set up, so gimmie a few min to log into EZ now that im home from work. I'll post one (sorry for tardiness)

Might not be able to read the windows, on the right from top to bottom it is. "Skills Spam", "Spells Faded", "Spell Spam", and "Melee Spam"

This is with Titanium atm. Not SoD or SoF.

robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 09:05:36 am »

OMG Reed! Is that Cero? LOL! And you said you never play him anymore heheheehe

Thanks for the pic.  I like to see what other people have up.  Mine is a little more detailed.  Added more windows around the edges with the stuff I need.  I have been customizing it as i go along, finding what I need up most, etc.

Anyone else want to show some pics of their UIs?

Rob Smiley
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 03:16:05 pm »

The majority of this one is called clean and clear. I changed out a few pieces here and there and arranged the window placement myself. I also added a spam box, hit box and magic box.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 04:19:11 pm »

whats the experience bars on the side for? AA, normal... and?

Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 04:20:42 pm »

whats the experience bars on the side for? AA, normal... and?

Group Leader and Raid leader
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 04:42:47 pm »

Ahhh, shiny!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members