Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:07:47 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: king (guk) KS  (Read 16047 times)
xoltrek

View Profile
« on: April 23, 2010, 01:23:45 pm »

Hi,

Today i came back from job, and log on my mage (maggo) in first to camp GUK item.

I go to king room, nobody was there, so i kill ph and other.
After that i go give drink and food to cats and dog.
then i cameback i decide to log Xoltrek and other toons.

During this time king (with sword) pop, but i didn't see that immediatly. So a rogue named "gate" come in king room and engage without saying anything.

I switch and see that, i tell him thx for KS. and he answered me that i didn't engage and he engage first so it's not KS...

So i take Screenshot.

On first we can see gate kill on king and me just telling him after that, and some conversation about that.

On second one i do a /time to see when this append.

So is it KS or not ?

SC01 :

SC02 :

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 01:30:16 pm »

So, you were not paying attention, and someone killed a mob you were sitting in front of "AFK" (more or less). Someone killed the mob and you realized afterwards?

xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 01:46:46 pm »

yes, i was login other toons (like 2 or 3 minutes)  during this time king pop Gate arrived and kill it directly.

I switch windows and see that, so i tell him.
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 03:18:26 pm »

It seems pretty dirty to me.  I always wait a few minutes after sending a couple of tells before engaging someones camp.
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 03:22:25 pm »

Yep..that rogue saw that someone was there..and when he saw the king with sword he killed the mob.

While it is dirty..it is not a true "kill steal". For that to have happened you would have already had to been engaged.

klullas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 04:19:30 pm »

I agree with supreme. As its not a kill steal persay, I would suggest that you set an alarm for when mob spawn is so your able to quickly flip back over or leave an AFK message. As for Gate..pretty shitty thing to do buddy, as tempting as it is....not cool.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 05:26:16 pm »

See Hunters reply (2nd reply) in this thread of server rules: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=8.0

He states:  "You can go afk while camping for a boss but need to engage the boss within 5 minutes of it spawning. If the boss has been up for 5 minutes, and the person is not attacking it yet, then they forfeit the camp and anyone can have it. "

If that applies here, then Hunter has already answered your question.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 07:21:18 pm »

Seems like a very shady situation.
Technically nothing wrong, but still the whole "dont be a douche" catch all rule stands

Rezniron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 07:22:30 pm »

Actually as crab pointed out. the server rules say you have exactly 5 mins before its an open camp. so yes it is a KS.
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 08:49:57 pm »

5 minutes or not.. someone is there... respect the camp.. wtf.. are we kids?

when i go check a camp and someone is there... i dont wait there for the mob and see if he attacks if not i kill it... seriously... i just leave and come back later or ask him to tell me when he is done.

People need to grow up and wait their turn.  That 5 min rule is stupid!

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 08:57:34 pm »

I thought it was if you are buffing you have 5 mins to engage. On the other hand, ya its douche move, but the king isnt hard, pay attention and kill it when it spawns, takes a couple seconds. I mean if I ran to the king and saw someone afk, I wouldnt just sit their forever waiting for them to come back. I mean I would give them a couple minutes wich the accused person seemed to do before going in for the kill. Anyone can sit AFK at a camp, doesnt mean its their camp.

For example on live the other day I moved a group into an exp spot that had a person afk to that person coming back like 30 mins to and hour later freaking out telling us we stole his camp... WTF... don't go afk then.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 10:05:30 pm »

Actually as crab pointed out. the server rules say you have exactly 5 mins before its an open camp. so yes it is a KS.

believe its for raid mobs

Teikashi

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 01:39:50 am »

I thought that it was established over the double loot weekend issue (when somebody KS'ed Balrog) that the 5 minutes rule also applies to a camp with a single toon
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 02:11:05 am »

I thought that it was established over the double loot weekend issue (when somebody KS'ed Balrog) that the 5 minutes rule also applies to a camp with a single toon

If thats true, then i retract my statement

Rezniron

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 09:10:36 am »

As posted above Hunter does not make a distinction in his reply about raid/non-raid mobs. He quite simply states and I quote

"You can go afk while camping for a boss but need to engage the boss within 5 minutes of it spawning. If the boss has been up for 5 minutes, and the person is not attacking it yet, then they forfeit the camp and anyone can have it."

In his original post he talks about raid bosses. However if you scroll down to his reply to a very similar question he posts the above quote.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 268