Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:59:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vampirestrike Augs  (Read 7713 times)
chunkumss

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2011, 01:45:32 pm »

Currently there are three great dps augs: Firestrike, Icestrike and Ninjastrike. I think they're balanced, and am very grateful to have them.

What do you all think of a fourth aug with a lifetap?

We could start with the Icestrike stats/classes and then lower the damage to either 1/3 or 1/4 so it isn't overpowered. My thinking is that this would help newer players who are coming up and need that extra bit of healing (but still not replace the need for an actual healer). I imagine that heavy boxers wouldn't use it, except perhaps situationally for out-of-group dps to heal rampage damage.

Maybe at some point there would be a Firestrike equivalent, but we'd have to be careful not to overpower knights.

This may not be the best idea, but for this server to continue to grow, maybe we can start thinking of ways to smooth out the power curve and retain folks who can't box 6+. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:47:22 pm »

Could and would be neat with a healthy balance..
It should be a hefty pricing though maybe 20-30% more then Firestrikes....

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 02:00:37 pm »

Lifetap style aug would only be turning other classes into SK....
Seems like most of the people who are playing one toon only tend to be a pet class of some sort usually. So really an aug like this isnt going to be a real benefit to them anyway.
And would you make the lifetap aug available to an AoE class like a zerker? Even with a lowered tap ..his ability to proc on multiple mobs would make them way over powered with the healing possibility.

*edit* While I agree not everyone is going to be able to join the Crafter guild easily only playing one toon. The other option would be to convince Hunter to add in a task based quest that a character can complete and get a Firestrike 1, Icestrike 1, or a Ninjastrike 1. Since the Firestrike 1 and Icestrike 1 are free at the crafter vendor anyway and there is no real market for people buying Ninja 1. No one should have a problem with it. ( and the FS and IS are no trade) That way they can get a small DPS boost, and possibly have more of an incentive to get access to crafters to upgrade their new aug(s).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 02:09:18 pm by funkinmofo » Logged

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 04:32:06 pm »

And would you make the lifetap aug available to an AoE class like a zerker? Even with a lowered tap ..his ability to proc on multiple mobs would make them way over powered with the healing possibility.

HELL YEAH OP ZERK !!!

-Hate"
chunkumss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 04:51:02 pm »

I'm not sure if you understand how the AoE proc of the zerker works. Their epic proc is AoE, but the augments you put into it are still single-target.

Your idea for quested augs has some merit. We have to do something to help new players (besides giving them handouts) and smooth out their progression.
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 05:22:19 pm »

Never played a Zerk, haven't looked at a zerks skillset nor will I probably. Not my cup of tea. I could have just as easily mentioned how fast rogues and monks attack. Think of the crazy heals they would get even mildly hasted with a buffed up version of lifetap augs. Back when I first made my monk even with only the lifetap augs from pofear his self heal was sick when he was fighting appropriate content for his level.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 05:43:44 pm »

I love the idea of having a vamp aug but honestly, even if they were reduced to 1k natural at the highest version of it they would be hugely over-powered. Say a monk for example because I know them the best. A 1k aug is going to proc for 3k with a uc, with as fast as monks swing and as often as they don't miss that is going to be some serious self healing. Life tap augs would be too hard to balance without shafting one end or over powering the other.

As for helping newbies on the server, aside from the exp rate I think things are easier now than they have ever been. There is much more dps being pumped out than ever before and paladins being able to proc heal.

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 06:52:42 pm »

Part of the problem with people losing interest when they only play one toon:
Bored upper geared people power them through 1.5, 2.0, and qvic tokens. So they end up in content that hammers them flat, so they go backwards in content to be able to play. Then not being familiar with the server content or progression path they get frustrated. Some look for guilds to find guidance and information. (among other things)
But quite a few fall through the cracks and just give up. I am all for helping people out when they first arrive on EZ, and if I find a like minded individual (self motivated, and self sufficient that just needs to be pointed in the right direction) I will go out of my way to lend a hand. Whether its advice, or assisting with some content. My only personal rule for helping someone is simple: Do not leave them in a state where they can't take care of themselves. ( Just ask Makaviel Tongue First guy in a long while that I actually had fun helping learn the ins and outs of EZ.)

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 06:56:02 pm »

Grin

/thumbs up Mofo

One other problem(with boredom) is the new T5 grind locks you in for a long sitting.. I don't mind it from time to time. But if you got an hour not really getting much done... I can pop White in about 1 hr and 10 mins (but I kinda like the water keeps my gnome ass clean)

-Hate"
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 07:03:28 pm »

*sniff sniff*
Aren't you about due for another Abyss run soon?

My eyes are starting to water here Fugi...QQ

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 06:57:38 am »

*edit* While I agree not everyone is going to be able to join the Crafter guild easily only playing one toon. The other option would be to convince Hunter to add in a task based quest that a character can complete and get a Firestrike 1, Icestrike 1, or a Ninjastrike 1. Since the Firestrike 1 and Icestrike 1 are free at the crafter vendor anyway and there is no real market for people buying Ninja 1.

I am not sure how much easier a quest you can get than joining the crafter's guild...  Takes a small amount of time, but I can't think of an easier solo effort.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 07:08:23 am »

*edit* While I agree not everyone is going to be able to join the Crafter guild easily only playing one toon. The other option would be to convince Hunter to add in a task based quest that a character can complete and get a Firestrike 1, Icestrike 1, or a Ninjastrike 1. Since the Firestrike 1 and Icestrike 1 are free at the crafter vendor anyway and there is no real market for people buying Ninja 1.

I am not sure how much easier a quest you can get than joining the crafter's guild...  Takes a small amount of time, but I can't think of an easier solo effort.

Not everyone knows the shortcuts to that particular quest....so they will hunker down and start to grind out their tradeskills and get even further frustrated.

Everwes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 09:36:32 am »

Funkin,
Any way you could enlighten me on the way to join the crafter's guild?  I have wanted to do it, but it seems so detailed.  I don't quite understand how to achieve it in a relatively short time span.  Thanks in advance for helping me (and others).
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 09:50:55 am »

It was all the way on the second page of the guides forum...

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=364.0

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 12:57:27 am »

Lifetap augs would actually be nice if they scaled a little into T1/T2.
Of course you don't want them to be overpowered but currently there is only ONE version (for each 1H/ranged and 2H) and it's not even worth it at the level you get it (fearplane) let alone into the Tiers.  SOMETHING anything better would be nice just so I could replace the ROFLCOPTER 75 dmg aug on my 4.0 RANGER BOW!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65016
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 207