Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:30:25 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Oogey Is A Thief  (Read 12339 times)
trydaneq

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2011, 01:34:06 am »

Long story short, was to trade him my Magician (Ennoia) on P99 for his SK on EZ.  Totally screwed me on the deal.

I'm just getting sick of typing it...Xiggie- SHUT UP!!!
Slyminx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 03:19:19 am »

Trading/selling chars on EQEMU is entirely your own responsibility.

Have you seen my bear Tibbers?
Kenshou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 10:14:32 am »

no pity from me. trust no one
zeebos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 11:20:07 am »

Truly surprised that one would even post this. People should create and level their own characters and I don't believe you will find anyone here that will pay much attention to this sort of thing. Sorry.

Zeebos
Gweedo
Prevacid
Zantac
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 03:14:40 pm »

Actually I am glad the post was made. Says something about peoples character. If Oogey really is guilty of this, I surely would like to know so if I were to have any dealings with him they would with this knowledge. Shitty thing to do no matter whether you agree with char trading or not.

trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 05:38:18 pm »

Truly surprised that one would even post this. People should create and level their own characters and I don't believe you will find anyone here that will pay much attention to this sort of thing. Sorry.

I have leveled my own characters...lemme go into more detail.

Last week I was auctioning stuff on P99 for cash/items on EZ, since I am totally done with P99.  Oogey said he had an FS5, so I traded him some stuff on P99 for it.  Went completely fine, I got my aug, he got a buncha stuff on P99.

During our conversation I mentioned I had a level 50 female dark elf Magician with a bunch of planar gear (I quit before Kunark) for sale as well. He offered to trade me Oogey's account (which I was just going to 'strip for parts' so to speak and have him sit around in case someone in my guild needed an SK for something and I wasn't around, because Oogey is shit compared to Trydan) for the Magician.

So like a dumbass I trusted him and sent him the info for Ennoia's account, he then sent an email with something along the lines of 'I need to get stuff straightened out then I'll e-mail you' and then another one 3 days later about how none of the passwords worked, which was BS because I checked them all prior to e-mailing him, and Ennoia was in game powerleveling his friends according to a couple people I've talked to.

Like Xiggie said, I'm only posting this so he doesn't try to fuck anyone else.  The only solace that I have is that I could potentially get it all back if I could just remember the damn secret question on the Yahoo account.

keex

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 09:34:14 pm »

Dude was on p99 forums bragging about it also.
trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 10:11:38 pm »

Dude was on p99 forums bragging about it also.

Yea, I saw that.  Good luck, Joel Zeinner of Cincinnati, Ohio (who happens to work at the zoo there)!  Once Uthgaard sees you admitting to stealing an account the banhammer will swing.

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 10:15:15 pm »

Too bad there is no fraud rule in place. Maybe Hunter should just rescind the ability to sell/trade accounts and cut out all this bullshit.

trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 10:16:45 pm »

Too bad there is no fraud rule in place. Maybe Hunter should just rescind the ability to sell/trade accounts and cut out all this bullshit.

Not that hard to check IP logs and ban what needs to be banned.  I imagine after the holiday weekend coordinating something with Rogean and Uthgaard wouldn't be impossible.

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 10:23:36 pm »

There is too much negativity associated with trading/selling/sharing accounts. Awhile back there was a bunch of drama with people deleting toons they didnt own, or trying to sell accounts that weren't theirs etc. Your situation isn't something new, and it probably won't be the last as long as there is no hard rule setup for it.

I do appreciate you posting his in game name so that I can steer clear of him , and by association his entire guild.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2011, 11:12:38 pm »

Yeah, it looks like that toon has been banned on P99 and the guy was crying in the thread about it. There is no room for a scammer or thief anywhere. Oogey is in Mithral Legion. I hope the kick his ass out of the guild as I have hot heard anything bad about Mithral Legion. Would be a shame to have a shit stain like this taint your the guild reputation.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2011, 11:25:12 pm »

P.S. Looks like the guy has been properly wtf'owned by the community over there pretty good. Hell even a dev got an insult in on him, lol.

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2011, 11:51:17 pm »

P.S. Looks like the guy has been properly wtf'owned by the community over there pretty good. Hell even a dev got an insult in on him, lol.

Sheesh, if thats his attitude over there, don't imagine its much different over here. Oogey/Squeekers is a douche bag without equal.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 12:31:15 am »

Sheesh, if thats his attitude over there, don't imagine its much different over here. Oogey/Squeekers is a douche bag without equal.

Agreed. Kinda reminds me of this time when a customer came in to make a payment on his car at a used car lot I was managing. Before he could make it his payment police came in and arrested him for writing bad checks. His response to the police while he was being jacked up against the wall was, "hell it aint my fault. They should have known better to accept a check from me. I'm Charlie fucking Akins." The car lot closed at 6pm, at 6:01pm I repo'd his car cause he was late.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439