Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 09:10:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Epic 3.5 and 4.0 Boss  (Read 10602 times)
Flawless

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2011, 08:32:31 pm »

Ok, after a LOT of work and time. (Dont bash, It is a lot of work with a wife and two kids) lol Roll Eyes, but i finally got my necro his 3.0, my paladin his 3.0 and my rogue his 3.0. My friend which iv been helping along the way has his cleric with 3.0, warrior with 3.0 and Beastlord with 3.0.

Well, i couldnt find anywhere on the forums that talked about the 3.5 and 4.0 boss fights. Is there anyone that can break the fight down for me. We are about to try to attempt the 3.5, im guessing in about a week when we are gaered or so.

Just looking for someone to help me out! thx! We are really trying to do this on our own, to just be able to say we did it!
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:42:49 pm »

For the pages you might do alright, for shadow (3.5) you might want more heals. But you never know till you try. For the 4.0 you will definatly need help as in clerics and pretty good tanks.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 08:49:41 pm »

The 3.5 is the book and 10 pages. The 4.0 is just the book. Page drops are listed here http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=1835.0.

The 3.5 boss fight is relatively simple. He roots and hits like the t3/4 bosses. He also has a lot of hit points. He also has a % chance to shadow step through out the zone. If he shadow steps he resets agro to null and goes full health. He also becomes open target for anyone according to the rules. I recommend instancing as sometimes he can step 10+ times. My usual experience with him is that he steps 1 to 3 times. I have seen him step as early as 75% hp and as late as 7%hp.

The 4.0 boss is the most annoying encounter I have seen on ez. Every 90 seconds he does a death touch. The only way to combat that death touch is with clerics divine intervention. If you want to keep a DI chain on you will need 2 clerics to do it. DI works about 60% of the time so you will need at least 2 tanks. I used my paladin as an off tank when he has 160 to 170 hp but that was with his pally stonewall. It was iffy at that amount of hp.

At this point since mobs have tons of hp your future and speed in which you get through t3/4 and your 3.5/4.0 will depend largely on if you are UC'ing your toons and if you are fully aug'd.

Froakakhan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 11:14:18 pm »

working up through HoH i had 2 paladins, #1 @ 21 oracle #2 @ 11 oracle, i was able to kill shadow at that point- the fight took quite awhile tho.  my war was in full t2 (armor/accessories) with full hp augs and he still randomly died about every 5 min here and there.  mob just got those lucky shots in but the paladin was able to tank just fine until the war was back up. 

t3 was pretty much the same, tank randomly died durring fights, but nothing that wiped the group.  once most of my group was in full t3 with 41+ charms shadow was cake and most of t4 was as well.  a good back up tank and charms make all the difference past t2 if you are progressing without help.

as for 4.0 i still cant kill him as my back up tank(pally) doesnt have the hp.  so i am working on full t4/UC for them as well.
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 02:33:54 am »

I farm Shadow for the charm upgrades he drops(1) and cosign what Xiggie said with the note that my experience has typically been he jumps somewhere between 60 and 18%, though sometimes at 16%.  He did jump on an FM crew once at 9% while I was there.  My suspicions from seat-of-the-pants observation is that he generally jumps less with lower dps killing him.  I typically see 1-3 jumps if it is just me and the pal and clr alts, 4-7 jumps if another crew aids.  If that is correct it will help you.  Once your main tank gets up around 170k you should have him on farm status. (Enough depth to take a couple stiff shots after your healers just got stunned.)  My pally (173k, t4/t5, 4.0, Oracle 24) and cleric (160k, t4/t5, 4.0/3.5, UC) have no trouble as long as they recall to pack a lunch for the all day job.

As for the mechanics of the fight, it is a simple tank-and-spank. He roots fairly soon in the fight so you need to be fast about positioning your team or you need to hold them outside the root range until he ties down the main tank, then position them. (That requires a 200k tank with a heal, either SK or pally.)  Once everyone is in position and pumping out the dps you can pretty much AFK if you need to.  He'll jump or he'll die.  But his damage output is fairly consistent, steady with spikes, and as long as your healers are hanging in it's an easy fight that generally requires no attention at all. (This is assuming you have pulled him out of the path of any potential patrols here!)

On T3/T4 fights you probably already have learned it is usually best to wipe the adds as they occur unless you have significant HP and dps on your team.  Xiggie covered MCP fight pretty well for you.  This one is tough enough I do not have the crew to solo it. Smiley

(1) In addition to the 3.5 book he drops 12 random gems and 1-3 charm upgrades of either type, v1 or v2.  Even at a rate of 1 v1 upgrade per kill (Over time it is closer to 2 per kill average) and including the hassle of killing him multiple times to loot him, this is vastly preferable to doing LDONs for working on a UC.  Cheesy  Skeezy spent 146,000 LDON points on his.  Lihom spent 20,000 on his.  Punkadin is currently O-24, S-17, G14, B-7 with all his v2's stacked and waiting... he hasn't spent a single LDON credit.  Wink

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Sr Officer, Fear Mongers
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 01:33:47 pm »

sounds like theese guys are just starting PoD. If that's the case, you have alot more time to go untill you get to the point to kill shadow.
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 02:19:51 pm »

The 4.0 boss is the most annoying encounter I have seen on ez. Every 90 seconds he does a death touch. The only way to combat that death touch is with clerics divine intervention. If you want to keep a DI chain on you will need 2 clerics to do it. DI works about 60% of the time so you will need at least 2 tanks. I used my paladin as an off tank when he has 160 to 170 hp but that was with his pally stonewall. It was iffy at that amount of hp.

Xiggie, thanks for this info.  A buddy and I have been trying MCP off and on for a few months now, nice to have some information about the fight.  Unfortunately with only 1 cleric and 2 palys it sounds like it will be much more challenging.  We will have to continue the gear grind.

For death touch, how is it determined, is it the highest agro at the time, order agro was gained, etc?  That would help in planning how we handle it at least.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 02:37:31 pm by Arthon » Logged

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 04:12:42 pm »

Highest aggro at the time of the DT. 

You'll want to have 2 tanks maintaining aggro so that after a DT you are certain that your backup tank has aggro, not your cleric.  You can rotate tanks, and rez back after a DT.  Try using DI from the cleric to give a chance of not losing a tank. 

You should bind in an unused old world zone prior to the fight.  Smaller zone files for faster loading after taking a DT. 

Not sure if 1 pally and 1 cleric are enough for heals.  It depends on your gear and hp.  If both pallies have kaldar's helping hand, you might pull it off.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 08:47:07 am »

Highest aggro at the time of the DT. 

You'll want to have 2 tanks maintaining aggro so that after a DT you are certain that your backup tank has aggro, not your cleric.  You can rotate tanks, and rez back after a DT.  Try using DI from the cleric to give a chance of not losing a tank. 

You should bind in an unused old world zone prior to the fight.  Smaller zone files for faster loading after taking a DT. 

Not sure if 1 pally and 1 cleric are enough for heals.  It depends on your gear and hp.  If both pallies have kaldar's helping hand, you might pull it off.

Thanks for the info Xiggie and Brokyn!   

We currently have Drep (War: 100roa, UC and about 3 pieces of t4).   Our main Paly is 1 guardian v2 away from his UC, half way done with t4 but not many Roa's).   Our second Paly has both a 50 oracle and a 50 sorc and our Cleric has a 50 oracle.    Healing shouldn't be a problem on me but I'm not so sure about the the Paly even with the UC.

A lot of our problem is that we can't get Drep back up after the DT fast enough before our main paly dies.  (I take to long to zone).   We haven't tried binding in an old world zone though.  That may help out a whole lot!!  We stopped trying for a little while and decided to grind the Paly's charms for UC's.  I figured that would help a bunch.  Now that our main Paly is only 1 away we will be trying again very soon. 

I think we have a good 30-40 tries at it before we run out of tokens.  lol     We will let ya know how it works out.  Hopefully it won't be to long.

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 08:55:40 am »

Pally with UC and T3/4 gear should hit close to if not over 200k...  With that level of hp, UC, and kaldar's helping hand he'll be able to keep stonewall up indefinitely, and tank there np with a cleric healer with 41 Oracle.  Just have him chain cast Dread Gaze, even when the warrior is tanking so that he's guaranteed to be at least second on the aggro list.  Cast DI on both tanks before the fight and wait for DI to refresh on the cleric before you start.  With any luck DI will come through a couple of times and keep you from having to rez a tank.

Also, very important...  Pull with a debuff to get rid of the damage shield on MCP.

Good luck with it, and if you find you're having trouble give me a shout if I am on.  I'll be happy to come and help so you're not wasting all of your 40 attempts.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 09:54:51 am »

Thanks!   We will probably be giving it a bunch of tries this weekend.  (got the fingers crossed)

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Oilman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 10:07:46 am »

IF you need any help. I will be glad to help with UBER Druid DPS and HEALZ. LOL Tongue
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 12:12:19 pm »

As Drep said, thanks all for the info and offers to assist, they are very much appreciated.  Hopefully we can give it a go this weekend and see where we end up.

oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 12:18:51 pm »

Just to state the obvious for whoever is gonna score community brownie points by consolidating it all into one clear post...

You probably want to drop the adds as they spawn.  Cheesy

Excellent coverage of the topic, thanks!
Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 02:46:05 pm »

MCP successfully down, and now on farm status.  Thanks again for the info guys, we appreciate it.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)