Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 03:14:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Removeing the no trade on different items  (Read 10542 times)
Princessp

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2011, 06:51:15 am »

As we all know no trade can be a bothersome thing and a lot of people sell there loot rights as it is and from what ive seen it is accepted practice. i belevie it would make the items more readly avlable to players if certan items were made tradeable example... v1 charm upgrades, certian tier armor pices mainly lesser pieces. not shur why most items were made no trade. any feed back would be cool as you might just change my mind hehe Grin
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 04:35:01 pm »

Honestly Ive never liked the idea of no drop items, in any game.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 04:44:27 pm »

If items could be made attunable that would be nice. Otherwise people would start farming armor sets and selling the whole set. I think it would lead to nearly everyone having end teir gear very early in their eq career.

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 04:53:53 pm »

qvic and below is okay I feel..

But T1 and higher you need to be there to loot it ... buy loot rights or be part of the group..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 04:45:58 pm »

I disagree with all the points made so far against removing the no drop tag, but I guess thats just me.

If someone wants to farm a whole set of gear and sell it....so what? You can already buy loot rights to anything. And its not like any newbie will  be able to walk into the server and buy a full set of t4 gear for 50pp, because nobody will bother farming t4 gear to sell for 50pp...

Augs arent no drop and does everyone have a ninja V? No, because the seller recognizes the time and effort it takes to make them.

I like the free market being able to determine the value of items. Let people spend the plat that they have earned through their journeys. In the end, more options or paths to getting an item always makes for a more interesting experience.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 04:57:10 pm »

The difference though is I can create an alt and lvl him to 70 in an hour. I can roll through all the epics in a few more hours, (well to 4.0). If gear was made tradeable I would also be able to outfit him with t4 that same day. As it is now if I want to roll a new toon I have to take time to back gear him through qvic and on up. I think it would cheapen the entire experience to be able to get a toon to 200k+ in a day.

Now another idea would be to have a No Trade Remover Dude, (feel free to use that Hunter, lol). For a million plat he will sell an item that you can combine with your item you want to make tradeable and boom, it is a tradeable version of it. But it has to be super expensive to make it not so available.

Thoughts?

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 05:35:39 pm »

In order to make that idea work all of the gear that could be exchanged would need to be duplicated and you'd need a table to map the no-trade version to the tradeable version.  You'd also need something to either transfer the augs or enforce that you can't exchange gear with augs in it.

It might be possible to cobble something together by adding attuneable to everything that is currently no-drop, removing no-drop from everything, forcing everything currently in player inventories to attuned, and modifying the code to have attuneable items bind when looted.

It would still be a lot of work and if it goes wrong it would be a pain to fix.  You'd also have to decide if equipping an item someone paid to have unattuned would attune it again.  If not, then there would need to be some more custom code to stop it.

I like doing the work to get geared up, so I don't mind that things are no-trade.
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 06:16:11 pm »

The difference though is I can create an alt and lvl him to 70 in an hour. I can roll through all the epics in a few more hours, (well to 4.0). If gear was made tradeable I would also be able to outfit him with t4 that same day. As it is now if I want to roll a new toon I have to take time to back gear him through qvic and on up. I think it would cheapen the entire experience to be able to get a toon to 200k+ in a day.

Uh huh and how long do you think it took you to get the money required to buy a full set of t4? Im sure the time it took would be comparable to the time it would have taken you to do it yourself. This is the whole point of free markets - more than one path to a product, yet the time invested is roughly the same.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 07:33:13 pm »

I usually have several million plat banked. I don't think the server would do as well if someone could with minimal effort have someone above 200k in the time it takes to farm their epics. I could make enough plat to buy the pieces a lot faster than I could farm the gear out. I just think that unless there was a way to make it highly expensive it would pollute the server.

cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 07:58:11 pm »

I usually have several million plat banked. I don't think the server would do as well if someone could with minimal effort have someone above 200k in the time it takes to farm their epics. I could make enough plat to buy the pieces a lot faster than I could farm the gear out. I just think that unless there was a way to make it highly expensive it would pollute the server.

I really think youre overlooking something. You think you could farm the plat to buy the pieces faster than making the pieces themselves? That makes no sense when you think about it because it would be people like YOU (ie top of the food chain) that would be farming the pieces to sell in the first place. So people like YOU would be SETTING the prices, and I doubt you would sell for an amount LESS than what you could make in the same amount of time if you were to just farm the plat.

Do you know what Im saying at all? Items will ALWAYS sell for more then the plat that could be earned by that same person in the same amount of time.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 08:10:36 pm »

The seller does not set the price, the buyer does.

trydaneq

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 08:14:45 pm »

Now another idea would be to have a No Trade Remover Dude, (feel free to use that Hunter, lol). For a million plat he will sell an item that you can combine with your item you want to make tradeable and boom, it is a tradeable version of it. But it has to be super expensive to make it not so available.

Thoughts?

That would be the best way to do it but I'm not a fan.  Things being no drop makes people have to do the progression instead of skipping things.  What's the point of instantly gearing every character you have with endgame gear?  WTF do you do then?

inb4 UC/RoA/AQ

I'm just getting sick of typing it...Xiggie- SHUT UP!!!
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 08:27:15 pm »

Thoughts?

That would be the best way to do it but I'm not a fan.  Things being no drop makes people have to do the progression instead of skipping things.  What's the point of instantly gearing every character you have with endgame gear?  WTF do you do then?

inb4 UC/RoA/AQ

give people augs..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
ronthedon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 08:37:22 pm »

give people augs..

lol
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 08:39:34 pm »

The seller does not set the price, the buyer does.

there is nothing to buy if the seller has no incentive to get the item in the first place.  

anyways this convo always ends the same, with the exaggerated argument below:

What's the point of instantly gearing every character you have with endgame gear?  WTF do you do then?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:18:38 pm by cerwin » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 70
  • Online Ever: 8678