Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:59:22 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Fighters / Casters Guild Updated  (Read 13738 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2011, 11:24:03 pm »

The Fighters Guild and Casters Guild has been updated.

Hail Melwithe and Hyacinthe in the Nexus. Just ask them about the Task.

They now use the Task Window for the quest.

You can turn in items in any order.

If you are half way through this quest, then please hail him and ask him about the task. The steps you have completed before this new Task System was created will be updated. So if you handed in the first 5 items, then the first 5 steps will be auto completed.

People that have completed the quest can still hail the NPCs to get the Task, which will be auto completed.

For the 4 cards, you can turn in any number 1-4 of them and they will be counted towards that step in the task.

Items are not returned. No refunds if you give them a wrong item by accident.

If there are any problems, then please let me know.

Enjoy!

Hunter
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:45:35 pm by Hunter » Logged

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 11:49:19 pm »

That is really cool. Looking forward to seeing some of the other quests this way.

wumasterson05

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 12:23:24 am »

I was mid quest and it wouldn't update after I turned in my 4 kings cards. Bugged? or cause i didn't ask about the task first? I was mid quest and didnt know cg had changed.
wumasterson05

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 01:49:24 am »

Updated info:Was at final part of quest, when i hail her to see quest journal, its saying I Only have the 4 king's quest cards turned into hyacinth left to do, and when I give her cards it doesn't update quest info at all, have turned in 7 cards total so far, 4 singles first time, then singles shortly after trying to figure out why wasn't working (like I reloaded eq and relogged server and turned in to see if that would fix, in which it didn't). This is happening to my Necro Yoursoulis not sure if all chars are bugged or if other people on server or just me cause I was mid quest but yea, somethings up/wrong.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 01:54:57 am »

I just tried it on my alt paladin, Moria. I only turned in one item (water flask) and it did not update. I zoned, no update, relogged, no update and deleted the task and started over but no update still. I spoke to Tybutiph and he had the same thing happen to him. This is only on the casters guild.

Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 04:59:03 am »

Tried turning in Shiny Matalic Robe, ate the item and no update.  Tried giving just a water flask, no update.  Relogged and tried again, still no update for Caster Guild quest.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 11:10:36 am »

The NPC's might have a differnt ID than what is related to in the Task. I'll fix that asap within the hour.

Also, it might have been that I didn't do a #task reloadall in the Nexus, so a reboot would auto fix that. I'll update soon.

It was tested in cshome.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 11:22:56 am »

Its fixed now. I was testing my code in cshome and it worked. The Melwithe and Hyacinthe NPCs in the Nexus had a different NPC ID and thats why it wasn't registering. Its fixed now.

I saw 20 people completed the Fighters Guild and 14 people have completed the Casters guild via the Task Window that had the quest already done from before.

Enjoy!

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 11:48:38 am »

wumasterson05 and Dethundrel, I sent you a PM message with a KEY CODE to get your lost items back.

Thanks for the feed back. The NPC's are fixed now.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
bobbypineda

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 02:00:16 pm »

Heya hunter, Iam new to the server maybe 1 week inn and iam one of those people that handed all the items for the FG quest and it ate all my items and did not update the task window...I do have a screen shot to prove this. My in game name is spastik and if i can retrive those items back that would be great..Being new and all it kinda took me along time to complete this quest. With that aid thank for giving us a great server and game to play on =)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 03:47:20 pm »

I'm only reimbursing players that posted or mentioned about the lost items before I realized what happened and fixed it. Usually we don't reimburse items at all.

I'm surprise you didn't notice the Task Window not getting updated for each turn in, and handed it all in at once before looking.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Caveat

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 11:44:50 pm »

I have handed in 4 cards, one in each slot.  It accepted the cards, gave me my fighters guild ring but will not let me in.  Character is Vyper.  Few other people in OOC last night were having problems also.  Says I have already completed the task.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 12:27:09 am »

This should be fixed, let me know after reboot.

The problem is there is an old style flag used, and now the new flag is just simply having the task window completed. I've already added the new flag to the FG/CG zones, and the Melwithe/Hyacinthe NPC's so now need reboot for Epic Vendor to see it too.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 12:48:52 pm »

I just tested using the Epic Vendor to teleport into the 2.5 Zone (Hushed Banquet) and it worked. I did it without the old flag, only having new Task Window flag as task completed. So that works.

What specifically does not work? Which NPC? Which Zone? I can fix the NPC's that need to see your flag that only looks for the old style flag.

At minimum, at least the Hyacinthe and Melwithe NPC are accepting items correctly now that the NPC ID was corrected since they had a different NPC ID than the ones I had in cshome when I tested them.

If a teleport is not working, or you get booted out of the zone, its not end of the world, just need to add an "OR" symbol in the code for new flag to make it work. Your progress will not be lost.

Keep me posted details so I can fix them quickly.

Thanks,

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Malignance

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 03:50:30 pm »

Completed caster's guild.  Hyacinthe still says i am not a member yet task says i have completed. Have ring and cg pet also says not flagged/member.  hushed banquet still worked though.

Completed Approx 6:30am Melbourne time.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061