Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:07:01 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What would it take?  (Read 3190 times)
Dethundrel

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2011, 10:12:40 am »

To get some of the locked zones opened? I know some are shut down because they were planed for custom content. There are a few zone that would just be a blast to go back and tear through. I know there wouldn't be any advantage as far as gear or anything, but they would be a lot of fun/nostalgia. PoEarth, PoAir, PoWater, Ssra Temple, Txevu, Ink'Tuta, Uqua come to mind. Anyone else interested in any of this?  I've brought it up in the past and was basically told "if you don't like it, go to a different server". That's quite a dick move imho, how about an intelligent discussion on the matter? I know there are other servers where these zones are open, but I don't play there, I play here for a reason and have no interest in going to another server. Any idea how hard/easy it would be to implement them? Hunter, is it somethin you would even consider if there was enough interest in it? I know EZ was created for the custom content we have, and it is very enjoyable as long as you aren't farming charms. But the whole of what is Everquest is what has drawn us here, and was the whole idea behind the emulator itself.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 10:58:17 am by Dethundrel » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:01:53 pm »

I'm actually considering to find a way, or a tool, to populate the zones properly. The PEQ database we're using is about 4 years old and wasn't complete at that time for PoP. Some zones are empty, while other zones have some mobs, but the stats are incorrect. If there were highlevel mobs with low hp, then that would allow people to exploit it for exp, money, etc. I'd probably need some time to see if I can wipe those locked zones, and repopulate them with more accurate mobs/spawns/stats with no loot, so players can go around and look at them. Who knows, if the players really like a zone, then I could turn it into a custom zone too. As with everything, just need some time. Saturdays is my only day off and I got a lot on my plate already.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Dethundrel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 02:18:38 pm »

Outstanding! I dont know how much work is involved, but if there was anything I could do from the player side, let me know.  Even if there was no exp, it would still be a blast to hit those old zones. Anyone who played on live I'm sure would love to kick the shit out of Cornav or VBQ as revenge. Not to mention how fun The Rathe Council will be trying to manage and time it all solo Smiley Thank you very much for your response!

Edited for typos, damn iPod!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:20:58 pm by Dethundrel » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 91