Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 06:22:45 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fair warning: Hurrying + Lag Spike + Augmenting = Lost Item.  (Read 6593 times)
L0stman

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2011, 08:13:15 pm »

Hey folks,

Just a quick headsup.

We have had a lot more lag on EZ since the new code went in (corpse lag, etc).  You may have noticed a few lag spikes - I know I (and a few others I chat with) have.

Important:  If you are augmenting an item, slow down - take your time - and do not be in a hurry.

I was going through the process of putting two Firestrike V augs on an epic and had put on the Firestrike II, then clicked to aug with the Firestrike V and we hit a lag spike.  Thinking it would instantly appear on my cursor I went ahead and clicked back into the aug container so I could put the weapon into the aug container.  Instead of that happening, I happened to pick up an item that was in the aug container.  So - the server was in the middle of the augmentation request when the items in the container changed.  This caused the server to delete the items in the container and in my hand.

If you click to augment an item be sure that you WAIT until the item has finished augmenting and is pushed back onto your cursor.  As long as you wait for this to happen, you should be fine.  If you hurry along and an unlucky lag spike hits you, you will feel the pain.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:34:54 pm »

I been doing massive editing on the database, for the new T6/Anguish content. So when I'm copy/paste records, thats probably when you lost your item. Wish I had a test server so I wouldn't affect players.

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Camric

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 09:08:54 pm »

Hunter - You might consider creating a VM image of the server.  The image could then be executed on your local PC to do testing.  If you have questions let me know.

I have a test system (emu) VM image that works with the login server. It's fairly easy to do.

Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 09:17:25 pm »

i THINK i have an old server still set up on my ohter machine i can give you the info if its stiltl here and your welcome to use that as a test server as only the HDD works on the old system
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 09:18:55 pm »

i THINK i have an old server still set up on my ohter machine i can give you the info if its stiltl here and your welcome to use that as a test server as only the HDD works on the old system

That prolly wont happen...

But cool offer

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 09:38:31 pm »

Server is rebooted now, and I'm done with editing the database for tonight. Should be good to play now.

I don't know how to set up another test server. Can I do it on the same machine? Or even the same network considering ports need to be opened? Not too much of an emergency. I do a lot of mass edits in a different database/table then import them when finished anyways.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 01:58:59 pm »

Actually, since EZ Server is hosted not at my house, I could probably set up a test server here at home. Just a matter of sourcing in tables or records back and forth after testing on the test server. I'd still like to know how to run 2 servers off 1 network since port forwarding is needed.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Morbid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 09:47:21 pm »

i would like to know more on how to set up a server on my machine to mess around with any info would be greatly appreciated
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 09:50:06 pm »

i would like to know more on how to set up a server on my machine to mess around with any info would be greatly appreciated

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+set+up+a+everquest+Emu+server%3F

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081