Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:43:14 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Instances 50k  (Read 13914 times)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2011, 08:18:21 am »

Thank you hunter for a fantastic halloween event!! I had a blast and felt spawn times were spot on after the update.

Having said that, I wanted to talk about the instability of the instances, or at least the cost of said instances. I want to preface this by saying i agree they were too cheap before, people abused the privilege and spammed instances. I also know you are working on the stability and this was part of that.
But the poofs are really expensive at 100k a pop. Could we perhaps leave the groups at 50k and also drop the guild cost to 50k? This would take away half the sting of the dreaded and all too often poof. Instances are lasting less than a day a lot of times and hardly ever more than a day.

Again, I appreciate all the work you do here and I'm not here to complain, just feel that this would help until the solution is found.

THANK YOU for your time.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 09:49:26 am »

In all my time playing here I have never seen a guild zone just go "poof" The group zones do.. But this is because they are made with that groups ID.

Tibador

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 10:41:18 am »

Guild zones go poof just as much as group only issue that sperates them is if the group disbands adds members or after reboots you can kiss your group instance goodbye but Guild instances you would think would be even more Stable but they are not Tacvi and qvic pretty much vanish 95% of the time its like you have 5 mins to enter and after that it will poof, dragons and beyond seem to be better but maybe one of these days just delete all instances and see if that helps at all maybe their are a few corrupt ID's or something.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 11:09:42 am »

Honestly would love to see it it 25k for grp 50k for guild..

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 03:08:26 pm »

I've seen a few guild instances go poof.

Bitch please.
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 03:14:56 pm »

I've noticed TACVI and QVIC guild instances poofing, but everything above those seem to have a pretty stable longevity in my experience.

Perhaps the cost of these two zones could be reduced?

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Reako66

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 06:52:59 pm »

I seen a few Tacvi Instances go poof
Kobrakai Pwnstar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 07:00:24 pm »

Yeah, instances poofing really blow for Qvic/Tacvi with the current prices, I've actually pretty much had to live in those instances while gearing up some new toons b/c of them poofing after 5 minutes. My personal opinion is that possibly a better pricing balance could come into play, but also the times on them could differ too?  Huh

Examples:

10k Group/20k Guild Instance on Qvic/Tacvi w/ 3 day (or 24 hour...at this point it doesn't really matter with them poofing so much) period. (to justify the poofing problem)
50k Group/100k Guild on PoD/HoH/Abyss w/ 7 day period. (much more of a grind, even for higher geared players)

I understand why a flat rate came in play but with the two zones people were making/deleting instances in that's our problem here, and quite possibly be why people were "exploiting" them so to speak. they don't last for more than 5 minutes so if you zoned out to do something else while waiting for re-pops you'd have to make a whole new instance just to get back in a guild/private instance.

that's just my 2cp on this.

- Lostprophets

Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 07:22:51 pm »

I never had too big a problem with Guild QVICs.. Even if so, you make so much $$$ in Qvic it takes the sting out.

Tacvi is just a complete waste of plat and the poster child for instability. It's also such a small/specfic step in the EZ ladder it's pretty rare to make much use of it (even a guild instance) after the 1 or 2 toons that's at that stage get thru the RNG to gear out. There's no coin drop to speak of, and not a huge market for the drops. In short : tacvi is a completely sunk cost and not exploitable from a plat-generation point of view to begin with.

Us folks with money will do just fine no matter what happens, but the up and comers are stung partiuclarly hard by qvic (which they get back via gems so no net loss), Tacvi (just hurts... and a big hurdle in progression from 350hp Qvic Armor to 2000hp PoD Armor), and the ones no one has mentioned yet:

Epic Mobs.

Granted Halloween just ended and a lot of us feasted on completed 1.5 and 2.0 / 3.0 books.. but.. c'mon. Think of the little guys. People needing Time and MoW and Twinkle and 1.5 Books, etc.... Just ouch. These are *not* the people that can foot 50k-100k for an instance, especially one they can only use once or twice. For the love of all that is holy, knock Time/1.5/2.0/3.0/Tacvi down to 20k or so. Give those new to the server a fighting chance.

Like LostProphets said, I basically parked two toons in an (immediately) dead Tacvi instance and made do, but being chained to a 2hr pop zone with no trash is just. cruel if thats all the toons you have lol.

C'mon, think of the children. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 01:03:27 am »

Tacvi is only a 1 hour spawn =)>

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 08:39:36 am »

Tacvi is only a 1 hour spawn =)>

this is true!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 10:15:43 am »

What am i supposed to do for 1 hour besides run around grinding cash, go to LDoN for charms, Sit in Tacvi and or the nexus chatting or trying to find a group in PoD to get T1 T2 gear? Thats a tough one. But im sure rather than popping instance after instance for 50k or 100k ill find something to do.

Brokyn

Artificial intelligence beats real stupidity

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 10:20:13 am »

Duel, and kill a couple toons, leaving one inside to res...  29 minutes later, res them back in so as not to run out the res timer.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 10:38:17 am »

Don't think I've ever experienced a guild instance poofing on me...guess I'm just that smoooov

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 01:13:57 pm »

What am i supposed to do for 1 hour besides run around grinding cash, go to LDoN for charms, Sit in Tacvi and or the nexus chatting or trying to find a group in PoD to get T1 T2 gear? Thats a tough one. But im sure rather than popping instance after instance for 50k or 100k ill find something to do.
read a book?  do some chores?  take the dog out for a walk?  take a shower?  make a sammich?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)