Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 08:49:15 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Gone Walkabout....  (Read 8145 times)
oldepharte

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2011, 11:01:04 pm »

My client has been regularly crashing since the code update that resolved the posky zone crashes.  With the new changes to the server preferring a client that I neither own nor can afford to purchase*,  I do not see any prospects for improvement.  Each time one client crashes it forces me to reload all (2 to 6) clients.

While I have had a lot of fun here, lately it has stopped being fun so much.

Thank you Hunter for running a fun free server.  Lots of good times, good peoples!  Ya'll have fun storming the castle. Smiley 

Skeezy Ratty Troll

* Yes, I know how to torrent a copy for free.... But I stopped stealing toys when I was a child. Wink
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 11:07:02 pm »

If ya don't want to steal it.. maybe wait till Black Friday and hope Steam has a special price

oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 11:16:57 pm »

If ya don't want to steal it.. maybe wait till Black Friday and hope Steam has a special price

Really not an option this year.  bro....  I work with a fixed $1,600 income / month and fixed bills that come up just under $1,450.  The remaining $150 covers food, gas, medical co-payments and the odd pack of cigarettes.  Not complaining, just noting I could be the poster child for broke old man!  Cheesy
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 11:24:49 pm »

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/6163195/Everquest_Underfoot_%28Steam%29

You can download it from there if you know how to do torrents.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 11:25:02 pm »

Honestly
This isn't poking at you Skeezy, I hear this same comment a lot....

If people can not afford 20$ or lower, then log the fuck off the game and get a job.(or work the streets like Xiggie)
If you are scrapping by that much re-address your spare time. Maybe study and invest into yourselves. (I hear this more often then not)
Again, This is not a stab or ding and Skeezy.

****Stop smoking hell that's what like 4 or 5 dollars a pack? This is a way better addiction

As for your crashing...
Did you check

1. Client Sound turn off (see 5)
2. Load a skinny 4 line globalload
3. run old models *basically unclick everything in options before loading into eq
4. turn off spell and all particles with adjusting the eqclient.ini files
5. ensure sound is off.. sometimes this will magically turn on for a client (box)(see 1)
6. update your video card drivers
7. check your resolution on all clients
8. drop your draw distance
9. drop your actor plane
10. again check all your spell effects on all clients
11. filter all that garbage battle spam.

This code update he made has increased gameplay completely, we as a guild come at the game totally different now. Hell we can keep 40-60 people in a zone without crashing (ALT FARMING FTW)

This has to be on your side, the only thing we see really different is the lag while looting. I can put up with that better then losing tons of bosses in T5 with crashes.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:33:45 pm by Fugitive » Logged

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 12:24:39 am »

heh, and the last shall be first....

On the technical advice.  Yes.  I have done each of the items you listed.  I also run an extremely clean machine with no extraneous background processes running and very light disk usage.  (Part of my 59 years on site ('82-'03) were spent building PC's, as well as networks and network servers.)

As far as the first part of your post, well Bubba, you opened the door to way more information than you wanted!  Grin

I would *love* a job.  You got one?  I'll send you the resume, it'll amaze you.  You just ignore those 9 years I spent in prison for first degree murder and armed robbery, it was a long time ago ('72-81), water under the bridge and all that!  Roll Eyes

Let's not worry about my health too much either!  Even though the heart attack wiped out 45% of my heart muscle tissue and lowered my ejection fraction (The amount of blood leaving the heart on each beat.) from 98% to 16% I have in the intervening 5 years raised it all the way back up to 22%!!!  The defibrillator works fine, as do the 11 stents placed to keep blood flowing to the heart.  I can still handle a telephone and a keyboard within my 10 lb weight restriction.

As far as the "West Virginia grin" goes, just put me in a closed office where no one can see the long term effects of meth; no one will care as long as I keep my mouth closed and the mustache and beard long!  Cheesy

Don't worry about me being 59 either.... Even if you can get a younger person I'm a cool troll to have around the office!  Grin  The bankruptcy closed almost 14 years ago, so it is nothing to worry about either!  Shocked

Seriously bro I am probably about the most unemployable cowboy you are ever gonna meet.  I do hustle odd change here and there by pet sitting for friends with cats, but folks don't vacation like they did 4 years ago.  There are a *ton* of things I could do that would produce money with little or no physical effort, but 9 years in prison makes you very dangerous or very docile.  I chose not to be dangerous.  Wink

While I dislike the fact that my record is still held against me 30 years after I got out of prison I also understand an employer's concerns here.  I know that I am not a danger to anyone, but there is absolutely no way to prove that short of my eventual demise without having hurt anyone.  Any employer who does not feel a smidgen of concern for his current employees is a bad manager; if they show no concern for their potential liability they are bad businessmen.  What are you gonna do with that?  Not so much is my assessment.

Prior to 9/11 I spent nearly 2 decades developing a comprehensive skill set that left me in network security work for state government and fortune 100 companies.  I was a fair dinkum white hat hacker.  However, in the post 9/11 world everyone who works in computer / network security gets a background criminal check.  My old trick of just not answering the "Have you been convicted" question no longer works.  (I was called on it several time over the years, answered truthfully and was not hired.  Every job I had in field started with me ignoring that question and some personnel geek failing to notice I had ignored it.)

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 01:08:26 am »

...9 years I spent in prison for first degree murder and armed robbery...

oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 01:12:14 am »

LOL @ Xiggie!!!! Your artwork always cracks me up!  Cheesy
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 01:15:38 am »

Lol, I prolly would have been quicker but I was trying to use the online generator and it was not cooperating very well. Finally just snagged the pic and added the text myself, lol. Btw good luck with anything you do.

Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 01:17:09 am »

If people can not afford 20$ or lower, then log the fuck off the game and get a job.(or work the streets like Xiggie)
If you are scrapping by that much re-address your spare time. Maybe study and invest into yourselves. (I hear this more often then not)

****Stop smoking hell that's what like 4 or 5 dollars a pack? This is a way better addiction

When Fugitive starts giving life advice.... You should probably do the exact opposite. Quit your job and start smoking.

Bitch please.
Thebone

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 08:15:52 am »

When Fugitive starts giving life advice.... You should probably do the exact opposite. Quit your job and start smoking.

On a real note here Fugitive is one of the people I turn to for life advice now a days. His advice has getting me though some hard times. Some times you need someone that lays it out and tells you want you don't wanna hear.

Tho I've never personal met him I do think of him as one of my close friends. I'm really not sure if your just talking shit and Joking around with that comment with everything that has been going on with us the past few weeks. If it was a joke then HAHA...

IF not then maybe we need to get past all the bullshit and stop put each other down..

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 08:29:09 am »

I agree, water under the bridge and all, it does get old.
Havocx

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 01:56:40 pm »

Skeezy you are the man - Hate to see you leave, I'd love to send you a copy if that will keep you around.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 03:36:29 pm »

At risk of sounding like I am talking to my own pp, extremely well put Bone.

Kushie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 06:00:48 pm »

Just light jabs, no more knock out punches. I wouldn't want him to email screenshots to solbash again.  Cool

Bitch please.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 8678